Subdivisions Multitracks! (Rock Band 3)

FoG

You guys are most welcome. If anyone wants to take a look of the sync of it, be my guest. I think I did a pretty good job with Audacity considering that each part is separately recorded.

EDIT: I've apparently left some background cheering noises in the two vocal stems at the beginning of the song. If you guys want to silence it, go for it.

Edited by FoG

QUOTE (FoG @ Mar 26 2011, 07:50 PM)
You guys are most welcome. If anyone wants to take a look of the sync of it, be my guest. I think I did a pretty good job with Audacity considering that each part is separately recorded.

I just finished going through it. The sync sounds spot on. The only problem is that the keys leak into almost every other part of the recording

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 26 2011, 08:07 PM)

I just finished going through it. The sync sounds spot on. The only problem is that the keys leak into almost every other part of the recording

Yeah, thats a downside of getting them from Rock Band. Thats how each individual track is in the game. Perhaps they were part of the original masters?

QUOTE (FoG @ Mar 26 2011, 08:22 PM)

Yeah, thats a downside of getting them from Rock Band. Thats how each individual track is in the game. Perhaps they were part of the original masters?

Could be, but I doubt it. I found that some rock band 3 song and some of the later rock band 2 DLC have an odd tendancy of mixing instruments together. Perhaps it's harmonix trying to prevent exactly what you just did?

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 26 2011, 08:50 PM)

Could be, but I doubt it. I found that some rock band 3 song and some of the later rock band 2 DLC have an odd tendancy of mixing instruments together. Perhaps it's harmonix trying to prevent exactly what you just did?

I dunno, its the same with the 2112 Masters as well.

I guess this would be as close as we get to true masters for this song.

QUOTE (FoG @ Mar 26 2011, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 26 2011, 08:50 PM)

I dunno, its the same with the 2112 Masters as well.

I guess this would be as close as we get to true masters for this song.

The thing with Guitar Hero is that they frankensteined the Overture and Temples of Syrinx. They combined the studio recording with a live recording to get it. Guitar Hero is also made with the idea that there is 1 dude on expert likely playing with beginners, so they always have all the instruments playing to a certain volume so that the one dude on expert can still enjoy the song even if his bandmates are failing.

I've just noticed another screwup in those multis. It appears that the drums track has somehow merged with the keyboard track. I'll upload a fix ASAP for this

EDIT: An easy "fix" for this is to simply invert the keys track and mix the two tracks together to get only the drums.

Edited by FoG

QUOTE (braoudap @ Apr 14 2011, 12:19 AM)
Can you please explain in a little more depth on how to invert the keys track to get the drums. I've ben trying for the last hour to figure it out. Can you help?

The way to do it is have both the drum track and the keyboard track in the timeline, then you would invert the keyboard track so that it cancels out the keys and only the drums are heard. Then you'd save the combined tracks into a new drums track.

Again, I'm trying to find the time to do a complete overhaul of the recordings

The reason all of these RB and GH tracks have "bleed" from other elements is because of what we are doing here. Some friends of mine did the VH game and all of the stems that they had to work with had low volume other instruments mixed in so that creative consumers can't have completely isolated tracks when they rip 'em.

QUOTE (FoG @ Apr 14 2011, 11:52 AM)
The way to do it is have both the drum track and the keyboard track in the timeline, then you would invert the keyboard track so that it cancels out the keys and only the drums are heard. Then you'd save the combined tracks into a new drums track.

Again, I'm trying to find the time to do a complete overhaul of the recordings

Hey, FoG! FYI, you're my hero dude. Thanks for all the work so far. I jam everyday to SoR, 2112 and Limelight, thanks to guys like you. applaudit.gif + trink39.gif + 1022.gif

The levels are really low. Like really low compared to other RB/GH rips I've come across.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Apr 14 2011, 05:43 PM)
The levels are really low. Like really low compared to other RB/GH rips I've come across.

a reason for this is probably because this particular rip was done using a usb capture device and recorded straight from the xbox 360. the audio files for rock band 3 havent been cracked so analog recording each part with modified settings is the only way to do it.

The output gain of the 360 or the input gain on the recorder (or both) need to come up.