World Market rules!

They've got a pretty good selection of imported beers., but the best part is that you can mix and match your own six-pack. I got a bottle of Warsteiner Dunkel, Whitbread Pale Ale, Tennent's Of Scotland Lager, Mackeson XXX Stout, Fuller's London Porter, and this:

http://lillekat.com/diary/monty1.jpg

It's a store. Here is a link to find one near you. World Market

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 1 2005, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ May 1 2005, 11:17 PM)
Duff Beer once existed in Australia.  Matt Groening had them shut down.  Now the beer is worth thousands if you have it.

I just drank my last can!!!!!! ohmy.gif fists crying.gif

ohmy.gif

Puke real quick, you may still be able to save it!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 1 2005, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ May 1 2005, 11:17 PM)
Duff Beer once existed in Australia.  Matt Groening had them shut down.  Now the beer is worth thousands if you have it.

I just drank my last can!!!!!! ohmy.gif fists crying.gif

Damn, that sucks! Oh, yeah!!!! wink.gif

Turns out there are THREE, count 'em THREE, World Markets in Alabamy. One is located in my favorite shopping area...it has a Rave Theatre, and a DSW...and now this! I might actually be able to try some fancy beers now and be a snob like SOME people I know.

cool.gif

I also just noted, while browsing the World Market site, that Yellow Tail is their "import of the month." I have a bottle of Yellow Tail Shiraz in my pantry right now. It's really good...and now I've been validated. biggrin.gif

Shiraz

If you love merlot, but have wanted to try something with a different twist to it - Yellow Tail Shiraz is smooth, sexy, delicious, and a great deal. Try some!

Jack, I also have one ten minutes from my house and I knew nothing about it! Thanks dude! I'm going to stop by tonight and pick up some fine brew! trink38.gif

edit: and there's one ten minutes from my office, sounds like a lunchtime stop biggrin.gif

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 3 2005, 07:04 AM)
Jack, I also have one ten minutes from my house and I knew nothing about it! Thanks dude! I'm going to stop by tonight and pick up some fine brew! trink38.gif

edit: and there's one ten minutes from my office, sounds like a lunchtime stop biggrin.gif

You're welcome! I had no idea myself. My wife wanted to go shopping for housewares Sunday afternoon and dragged me with her. I thought it was going to be boring-city. Imagine my surprise when I saw all those beers!

I also forgot to mention that they have a large selection of micro brews as well. They even have Arrognat Bastard.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 2 2005, 03:29 PM)
I also just noted, while browsing the World Market site, that Yellow Tail is their "import of the month." I have a bottle of Yellow Tail Shiraz in my pantry right now. It's really good...and now I've been validated. biggrin.gif

Shiraz
If you love merlot, but have wanted to try something with a different twist to it - Yellow Tail Shiraz is smooth, sexy, delicious, and a great deal. Try some!

Oh yeah, Yellow Tail makes a terrific wine! yes.gif

Just popped into World Market near the office and their selection is somewhat limited, unfortunately. About the most unusual stuff they have is the Dogfish Head selection. Everything else I can find at my local liquor store. sad.gif

But I still have 2(!) World Markets within 20 minutes of home I can check out. Maybe their selection will be a little more provocative. I'd love to find some Arrogant Bastard to try.

Hey Jack, if that's your real name, I noticed you have a coast guard logo in your signature. Are you now or were you in the guard? I run a boat in the Gulf of Mexico and one of my engineers is ex coast guard. He was an electrician.

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ May 10 2005, 09:22 PM)
Hey Jack, if that's your real name, I noticed you have a coast guard logo in your signature. Are you now or were you in the guard? I run a boat in the Gulf of Mexico and one of my engineers is ex coast guard. He was an electrician.

Yup. Served 1983-1990. I was a Gunner's Mate.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 10 2005, 09:12 PM)
Yup. Served 1983-1990. I was a Gunner's Mate.

Gunner's mate huh? I'll try not to piss you off. What do you do now if you don't mind me asking?