Top Five Best Games of All Time?

Good,bad,andrush

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Half-Life 2

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Red Dead Redemption

GTA: San Andreas

Honorable mentions:

Megaman 2, God of War II, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Mario 3, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Dead Space, Sam & Max Hit the Road, The Secret of Monkey Island, Metroid Prime, Uncharted 2

I'll do a gaming countdown...

5: Little Big Planet

It's a simple game, and at that, you can a great amount of playing time out of both games, because there is so much stuff to do aside from the Story Mode, with the online community these days.

4: Super Mario Bros. 3

I had this for the Game Boy when I was a few years younger, it was a very addicting game. . . right until the final stage, because then it became a pain in the ass. Picked it up last year to finish it, got it done in a few days. This really isn't anything special, it's more of how addicting the game itself was.

3: God of War (the series)

I didn't play the game when it first came out, but we (as in my dad and I) got the game on the PS3 on the collectors edition, played through it, had a blast. I absolutely loved how the game played out, the back story was beautifully done, and, well, the portable games we're amazing!

2: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare

This was my first FPS, and it blew me the hell away. Every second of this story was done phenomenally, and no other FPS to date can top the joy I had with this.

My top game is...

1. Final Fantasy X

Like God Of War, I didn't play this when it first came out, but dad got it after about a year and a half of Socom 2, and loved it. Back in the summer I picked the game up, didn't let it go until I finished it. I absolutely loved this game, and I found everything in it perfect. There is no game on the market that can top this at the moment. (btw, I didn't play the other FF games, my attention span is WAY to short for that... tongue.gif)

• Like 1

1. The Uncharted Series - Both 1 and 2 are amazing, and very well developed games... 2 is better than 1....but both are worth of noting.... Looking Forward to Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception

2. Super Mario Brothers 3- My all time childhood game... my First Mario game, one of the best of all time..

3. Resident Evil 4... I am not that big of a fan of the RE franchise, but I've played almost every game (except the Wii Rail Shooting games), but this one stands FAAAAR out as the best......... f***ing Re-generators

4. God of War Franchise- I am outing myself as a SONY fanboy here, but these games are amazing, and violent.... with a decent story.... And some difficulty with a few of the puzzles

5. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem- Amazing game, a multi-century story... and a uniqueness that has not ever been matched, the Sanity Meter... For each monster you encounter the more sanity you loose.... let it too wrong and the game will start playing you.... The game will make it seem as if your Gamecube failed, and you hit the reset button without realizing the game played a trick on you.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Mar 23 2011, 02:04 PM)
original x-com

X-Com was friggin' AWESOME. The sequel, Terror From the Deep was just as good. The third kinda sucked, though.

My top five...

1. Unreal Tournament

2. Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 (basically the same game)

3. Diablo II

4. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

5. X-Com

Bonus...

6. Warcraft II

7. Deus Ex

8. Ultima Online

9. Baldur's Gate II

10. World of Warcraft

Dammit, I forgot Galaga. I was thinking PC, not old school. That's right up there too, but I'm too lazy to edit the list. But it should be top five. Probably it would knock X-Com or KotOR out.

Edited by danielmclark

Edited by GeddyRulz

CoD series

Fallout 3

Halflife

MoH series

Warcraft/Starcraft

Old Microprose sims were cool late 80's

Doom and related..

Battlefield 1942 and ....

Pong

Space Invaders

Asteroids

Galaga

missile command

In no particular order.

1. Thief - The Dark Project and Thief - The Metal Age

Set in a wonderful Steam-Punk world you are a master thief. The games are not for the ADHD set. The best way to play is in the dark, on difficult, no killing. Your tools are stealth, patience, rope arrows and lock picks. The story-lines are good and there is a huge library of player made material and after all these years many are even better than the original games. As a side note some of the modders have moved to re-creating the spirit of this game with the doom 3 engine.

2. Sid Meier's Civilization series. II and IV are very good but CIV V is really growing on me. These games also have huge modding communities. Ok I am going to cheat a bit here too and add Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri in this group. A sci-fi version of the series and in some ways better than the rest.

3. Call of Duty, United Offensive I never played the single player content so I cannot comment on that. What I really like about this phase of the series were the great multiplayer clans and maps. My favorites were no tank servers with large maps, teams, and bases to take. Good times. I tried plating Modern Warfare for a while (multiplayer) and ugh... Just awful little postage stamp size maps with plenty of cheaters, some very silly weapons, and about once a week my game would get trashed by trojan horse servers. Terrible!

4. Rama. Ok so not a best game out there, kind of like Myst. But for the Geek in me I just truly loved this game. the logic/math puzzles were very good and being set in one of my favorite science fiction series "Rendezvous with Rama" by AC Clarke was a dream come true.

5. SIMS 2 and 3 Really! These games have something for everyone in the family.

Relationships, clothes, shopping, dancing, good vs evil. My favorite part of the game is just building stuff, what great tools!

1. Resident Evil

2. Final Fantasy VIII

3. GTA: Vice City

4. Crash Bandicoot

5. Crash Team Racing

others

Croc, Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3, Spyro 1 and 2, WWF Smackdown, Army Men 3D...

way too many to list really....as you can tell, im a fan of the ps1 biggrin.gif

ranton.gif

Count down time!

5:MegaMan 2- This game had one of the best soundtracks of the era and was the best game on the old NES in my opinion. Tight controls and cool stages, it was even atmospheric.

4:Sonic the Hedgehog 3:The first video game I ever played was the best in the Sonic series. I fell in love with the character more then the game itself, but the game was still great. The sense of speed was awesome and the soundtrack was great, but maybe thats because Micheal Jackson made the music for it! 1022.gif

3: The Legend Of Zelda: The WindWaker- WindWaker offered everything Zelda games had to offer before, plus a cool cell shaded style and pirates. It also had one of the most interesting stories in the series. And for anyone thats played it, one of the best ways to finish a villain right?

2: Bioshock- The best FPS ever in my opinion. Bioshock offered atmosphere and story to a first person shooter when the market was flooded with multiplayer focused, generic shooters. I can vividly remember my first visit to the dystopian under water city of Rapture, its a feeling that stayes with you forever. The Sequel is just as good.

1:Kingdom Hearts- What do you get when you mix Disney and Final Fantasy? One of the coolest and most interesting Action RPGs to be released. When this game came out I was so exited and could not wait to get my hands on it. Its a long game and will take at least 50 hours to complete the main story line. combine that with all the cool stuff to find and hidden bosses and you got one hell of a game. And did I mention the story is awesome?

That was actually very challenging. laugh.gif

rantoff.gif

• Like 1

Fixing my list:

5. Final Fantasy 8

This game, like all other Final Fantasies, is very surreal, the music is great. The story is also great but some of the dialogue is not the best and one of the plot twists is iffy, but besides that, love this game to death.

4. Kingdom Hearts (since it's all one story, the whole series)

The music, the nostalgia, the epic mix of Final Fantasy and all the REAL Disney worlds...this game is too beautiful. It's charming story is wonderful, and seriously, who cares about the cheesy dialogue here and there...that's part of the Disney aspect. On top of that, lay on the hardest modes and the game is actually challenging, and lots of fun.

3. Metal Gear Solid (series)

This story is brilliant, on top of some classic novels I've read. The whole world should read this extremely deep and symbolic storyline.

2. Final Fantasy 7

Perfect gameplay, story, and ATMOSPHERE. Some say this game is underrated, and others say it is overrated. But one thing is for sure. The ATMOSPHERE is underestimated.

1. Final Fantasy 10

My favorite video game story ever, and best video game music.