Tribute to the Wall

from Brain Damage

TRIBUTE TO THE WALL COMING SOON - UPDATE

Tribute to Pink Floyd's The Wall

A lot of interest is growing over a forthcoming album playing tribute to Pink Floyd's The Wall. As the creation of the album is still in its early stages, we don't have all of the detail, but we have an update for you today - which is especially good news for Jethro Tull fans!

Billy Sherwood is producing the tribute to Roger Waters' 1979 masterpiece, for Cleopatra Records. In January, Alan White recorded drum parts for three pieces: "Hey You", "In the Flesh", and "Mother".

This month, the Tull's Ian Anderson added his contribution to the project: "Two weeks ago, I added some vocals and flute to a couple of tracks on a remake project of the Pink Floyd album, The Wall, produced by Billy Sherwood, ex-Yes producer. I will let you know when that comes out. It will feature a number of respected players, including Steven Lukather, he tells me, from the world of progressive rock and jazz."

Geoff Downes will also be playing on a few tracks, including "Hey You" and "Mother" - tracks which John Wetton has contributed vocals and bass to. Wetton donated his performance fee to the UK's National Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC). Others involved include Vinnie Colaiuta (ex-Frank Zappa, ex-Allan Holdsworth), Glenn Hughes (ex-Deep Purple, ex-Geoff Downes) and Aynsley Dunbar (ex-Frank Zappa, ex-Jeff Beck Group, ex-Journey).

As we get more information on this project, we will let you know. Our thanks to Javier, Antonio Olivari, and Francesco Giuffre, for the update on this project.

Archived