Greatest book you've ever read?

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#361 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

Vapor Trail

• Members *
  • 18664 posts
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:19 PM

View Postblueschica, on 29 April 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 29 April 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 29 April 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 29 April 2017 - 04:11 AM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 28 April 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 28 April 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

Zumbi, you have a great life a lot of the time!  :)  :)

What you mean by that?
I meant it's a cold and rainy spring here and a week in Greece sounds wonderful. Sometimes you sound like mostly bad stuff happens to you but that sounds like a nice thing. I'm truly glad you got to go.

Well I have been there many times, I got family there. So my mom, big brother and me went there. I got it as a birthday gift.

Cool!  That's a great birthday present.  :)    Did you get any photos?

No. No point, it is like a second home to me, since I am there almost every year, so no need for photos. It would be like taking photos at home.

Oh, I did take some photos with my phone on a new dog that they got, and also some photos from the plane, but thats it.

Sponsored Post

#362 Thebuckeye2112

Thebuckeye2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Legend of Zelda, Vikings, Dragons, Synthesizers, Kerbal Space Program, Archery, Climbing, Travel, Writing, Space, Architecture,

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:04 PM

1984, Animal Farm and To Kill a mockingbird make up my favorites when it comes to classic fiction.

I recently checked out from my Library and read Kevin J. Anderson's Clockwork Angels Just so I could make more sense of the context of the lyrics of the 2012 Rush album by the same name, and let me just say that book helped out A LOT :D  I am tempted to purchase a copy for myself alongside the graphic novel and the Sequel Clockwork Lives.

In my non-fiction category I am a fan of the book Lost Moon which was written by NASA Astronaut Jim Lovell, It talks about his epic story of survival and camaraderie aboard the ill-fated Apollo 13, mission back in April of 1970, Ron Howard used this book to base his 1995 epic film Apollo 13 upon. I strongly Recommend it just be warned it also goes under the title of Apollo 13, but it is the same book just different title.

#363 Nate2112

Nate2112

The Lil' Eskimo

• Members *
  • 3021 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Worldbuilding, Mapmaking, Programming, Composing Music

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:56 PM

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy is bar none the greatest novel ever written

#364 Steevo

Steevo

The Oracle

• Members
  • 12111 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:43 PM

Hard to choose just one.

Edited by Steevo, 11 September 2017 - 04:45 PM.

#365 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 6473 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

Posted ImageThe original art when my girlfriend in High School introduced me to it
.Posted Image
And The second edition of the original way Tolkien himself wanted to release the book.  ONE SINGLE EDITION to RULE THEM ALL, ONE EDITION TO FIND THEM, ONE EDITION TO BRING THEM ALL  AND IN THE DARKNESS BIND THEM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 14 September 2017 - 05:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users