American Idol- anyone?

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#281 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts
  • Interests:architecture, North Carolina culture, classic TV, biographies, skating, music, fine arts, Italian cuisine, striped tube socks. Starred in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" as a fan.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

well, that was a good show. It's nice that Scotty won. Looked like the RBC Center was completely filled. It makes me miss home that much more! sad.gif  

Sponsored Post

#282 USB Connector

USB Connector

Trek for Echo

• Members *
  • 8282 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the final frontier as captain of the Galaxy Class Starship Rocinante (registry NCC-2112).

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ May 25 2011, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 25 2011, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ May 25 2011, 08:57 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 25 2011, 01:59 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 25 2011, 12:31 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 25 2011, 09:20 AM)
Word on the street is James with Judas Priest tonight

wha wha what??  ohmy.gif

A friend heard it on the radio and i read it online

It wasn't just a rumor.  James kicked freakin' ass!

When I saw he would be singing You've Got Another Thing Comin' I was expecting that the song would wind up being equally as dead to me as Let it Be from when Brooke White sang it. I was shocked at how well he pulled it off! He nailed every part of that song minus the first verse.

ohmy.gif I must have missed that episode. I watch the show on and off. Priest actually on American Idol?! SELLOUTS!

Edited by USB Connector, 25 May 2011 - 09:55 PM.

#283 Arleen2112

Arleen2112

Puff Chick

• Members
  • 11706 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, photography

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 25 2011, 09:52 PM)

wha wha what??  ohmy.gif

When I saw he would be singing You've Got Another Thing Comin' I was expecting that the song would wind up being equally as dead to me as Let it Be from when Brooke White sang it. I was shocked at how well he pulled it off! He nailed every part of that song minus the first verse.

ohmy.gif I must have missed that episode. I watch the show on and off. Priest actually on American Idol?! SELLOUTS!

Breakin' The Law, Breakin' the Law!  1022.gif

I was happy to see James bring some Metal to the normally 'cheesey' American Idol..Great season!  smile.gif  

#284 Alph Seeker

Alph Seeker

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2757 posts
  • Interests:Flyfishing, flytying, motorcycling, archery, skiing, snowboarding...

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ May 26 2011, 08:22 AM)

wha wha what??  ohmy.gif

I was happy to see James bring some Metal to the normally 'cheesey' American Idol..Great season!  smile.gif

Rob Halford's movements on stage were like a lounge lizard.

#285 Rushman14

Rushman14

Mr. Hollywood

• Members *
  • 11092 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (Alph Seeker @ May 26 2011, 08:07 AM)
QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ May 26 2011, 08:22 AM)

wha wha what??  ohmy.gif

Rob Halford's movements on stage were like a lounge lizard.

Thankfully is wasnt a jump the sharp moment for Priest. It was actually great exposure for them and good promotion for their farewell tour.

KK Downing was sorely missed, at least by me.  sad.gif  

#286 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts
  • Interests:architecture, North Carolina culture, classic TV, biographies, skating, music, fine arts, Italian cuisine, striped tube socks. Starred in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" as a fan.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:44 PM

Garner, N.C. "American Idol" champion Scotty McCreery's hometown of Garner and his fans across the state celebrated Thursday, the day after he won the national TV singing competition.

"It hasn't sunk in yet. I'm just on top of the world right now. I never would have dreamed this would have happened," said McCreery, a 17-year-old country crooner with a deep voice.

Soon after winning the competition, McCreery's thoughts turned to his hometown in an interview with WRAL News.

"I have to thank all the fans and Garner, North Carolina. All the fans back home, they've been wonderful," he said.

More than 8,000 of those fans cheered loudly at a viewing party in the RBC Center in Raleigh Wednesday night.

"I saw the shots of the RBC Center back home, and I was loving every minute of it. I wish they could have seen me just going crazy," McCreery said.

Three of his biggest fans childhood friends and part of the Blue Crew, a student fan club at Garner Magnet High School were also at the first viewing parties when fewer than 100 people gathered in Garner to watch McCreery at the start of this season of "American Idol."

"From that to last night at the RBC Center, home of the Wolfpack and the Hurricanes, 8,200 people screaming for Scotty it doesn't get much better than that," Garner High student Colin Perry said.

Krispy Kreme gave 2,400 donuts to help Garner High students and staff celebrate Thursday, and signs congratulating Scotty decorated businesses, school, apartment complexes and town buildings throughout Garner.

"We've been excited about it since he first went off, and we've been just thrilled to have him be a part of our office and be part of the whole excitement of the town," said Leah Isadore, who works with McCreery's mother. "This has been great for Garner. We're just so proud."

McCreery's friends said they can't wait to see him again. McCreery has said he doesn't know how his world will change, but he hopes to get home soon.

"I'm going to have some fun and celebrate with my family, and I can't wait to get back to Garner," he said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users