American Idol- anyone?

Running Rebel

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Mar 2 2011, 03:49 PM)
Brett Lowenstein looks like a little Geddy only red haired and gay.

yes.gif

My wife pointed him out to me, saying there was a Geddy "look-alike" on the show this year. Figures he's Jewish.

And yes, he seems a little light in the loafers, too.

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Mar 2 2011, 04:49 PM)
Anyone watching this season?

James Durbin rocked Judas Priest last night. Brett Lowenstein looks like a little Geddy only red haired and gay. That Casey dude was pretty awesome as well. Pretty good stuff overall.

My family is watching this year and I completely agree with what you said about James and the Judas Priest song. I think that was a perfect choice for his voice and he executed it perfectly.

It's funny you mentioned Brett... from the beginning I've called him "Geddy" since he reminded me of him from first site. laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 2 2011, 05:05 PM)

eyesre4.gif That's a ridiculous saying. I'm 6'6" 285 lbs, nothing light about me.

Has he actually said that he's gay?

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Mar 2 2011, 04:37 PM)

eyesre4.gif That's a ridiculous saying. I'm 6'6" 285 lbs, nothing light about me.

He really doesn't have too. It was funny, he has long kinky Geddy like hair that is red and he kept flipping it the whole time he was singing. JLo told him he did more hair flips during the song than her and Beyonce have in the last six years combined, lol.

He does have good voice and is very likeable and friendly but he could have done a little better last night.

Oh and it was hilarious. After the song he was walking off and Ryan called him back to the stage since it wasn't time for him to walk off yet. He turned around and came running back and gave Ryan a big hug, thinking that's what he wanted, hahaha.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/yangster1020/brett_loewenstern_210x156.jpg

I just saw Brett and said, "Oh wow , its a cute little red-haired Geddy." like a nature documentary...

I wanted Brett to run out there and yell, "OF SALESMEN!!!!" laugh.gif

Jacob makes me cry, he's got that certain divinity that the panel was speaking of. absolutely.

I love love love Scotty's deep voice. I was reading something and as soon as he sang with that voice I was like, music.gif Hello music.gif

and I like Casey too. Different and scruffy.

I missed James. I was on the phone with work, but I'll take my mom's opinion that he did well.

I hope they all go far.

Tonight it's the ladies turn...

I' m sorry if I offended you. You know from other threads I'm normally sensitive to GBLT issues.

He just seems like one of those persons of whom there's no doubt: "He must be gay".

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Mar 2 2011, 07:13 PM)
He really doesn't have too.

Actually yes, he does.

I'm a little surprised by your comments Running Rebel.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 2 2011, 07:57 PM)

I' m sorry if I offended you. You know from other threads I'm normally sensitive to GBLT issues.

He just seems like one of those persons of whom there's no doubt: "He must be gay".

I'm not offended, more like annoyed at yet another stereotype. Just because a man is effeminate doesn't mean he's gay.

I was mega-skeptical about Stephen Tyler, and ESPECIALLY J-Lo, but remarkably, the judging really works great this year. I don't find myself missing Simon at all. I thought for sure Jennifer Lopez would either be an emotional basket case like Paula or more likely, just a bitchy diva, but she's actually a great judge - nice and respectful, but also very honest.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 2 2011, 08:22 PM)
I was mega-skeptical about Stephen Tyler, and ESPECIALLY J-Lo, but remarkably, the judging really works great this year. I don't find myself missing Simon at all. I thought for sure Jennifer Lopez would either be an emotional basket case like Paula or more likely, just a bitchy diva, but she's actually a great judge - nice and respectful, but also very honest.

I was skeptical too, but I'm really enjoying the chemistry between the three. The overall tone of the show is really good this year. It's very positive and no one was really made fun of like in past years. I'm surprised at how much I like what Steven has brought to the show.

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Mar 2 2011, 07:36 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 2 2011, 08:22 PM)
I was mega-skeptical about Stephen Tyler, and ESPECIALLY J-Lo, but remarkably, the judging really works great this year.  I don't find myself missing Simon at all.  I thought for sure Jennifer Lopez would either be an emotional basket case like Paula or more likely, just a bitchy diva, but she's actually a great judge - nice and respectful, but also very honest.

I was skeptical too, but I'm really enjoying the chemistry between the three. The overall tone of the show is really good this year. It's very positive and no one was really made fun of like in past years. I'm surprised at how much I like what Steven has brought to the show.

I agree with all of this. I was always excited about Tyler being there and he still blew away my expectations. I freakin' love the guy. With Lopez I wasn't feeling it so much - and like Goobs said she is great. They are honest, yet respectful, and come off as so open, and real, and.. human. It's a vibe the show never had before, and I love this judging lineup.

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Mar 2 2011, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 2 2011, 07:57 PM)

I'm not offended, more like annoyed at yet another stereotype. Just because a man is effeminate doesn't mean he's gay.

Not to derail, but I had to share this about a former roommate's boyfriend. He was a florist. You know, flowers and shit. wink.gif

Everyone assumed he was gay. At first it bothered him, and then he started finding it funny because he dealt with that assumption several times a week. Nobody was ever rude about it, which was nice to know. One older lady actually came right out and said, "It's too bad you're gay, because you're so handsome and such a nice guy - I'd love to introduce you to my daughter!" laugh.gif

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Mar 2 2011, 07:10 PM)
QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Mar 2 2011, 07:13 PM)
He really doesn't have too.

Actually yes, he does.

I'm a little surprised by your comments Running Rebel.

Varian, I suppose you'd have to know me. In know way did I mean that in a bad way. Maybe I am just overconfident in my Gaydar, but I'm pretty confident I'm spot on with this one. I have dealt with the public my whole life and feel like I am way above average on my awareness level. Like I said, I could be wrong and I am not saying that simply because he's effeminate. Besides, I really like the guy and his voice and am rooting for him.

http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_10/

Lauren Alaina Suddeth - My favorite from early on and amazing for a 16 year old. Super personal and comfortable on stage with a hell of a voice.

Julie Zorilla -Hot Columbian babe. Didn't do great last night but expect her to make the top 5.

Pia Toscano-One of the all time best woman performances last night. Superstar in the making.

Kendra Chantelle - Seems like an average singer, nothing special.

Karen Rodriguez -Great voice and in the top 3 of the women. Her and Pia have training and it shows on stage.

Naima Adedap-Great voice but weird outfits and strange songs make for an early exit.

Lauren Turner-I just don't get it. A Bette Midler style isn't winning AI, Cmon!

Rachel Zevita-Not sure what the hell that was but way overconfidant for a weak performance

Haley Reinhart -I thought she did well and has a great voice, top 6 easy, but wife didn't think so, we'll see I guess.

Ta-Tynisa Wilson -horrible performance

Ashton Jones - not much better

Thia Magia- Top 5 easy. Amazingly calm and focused for a 15 year old and great vocal control.

The judging isn't the same without Cowell but I don't think it's a coincidence that the standard has improved remarkably this season and there's far more variety in the performers.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 2 2011, 10:17 PM)
Hate this show. Wouldn't watch it if it was the only thing on television.

goodpost.gif

We watched the very first season, and since they dumped Brian Dunkleman we vowed to never watch again

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Mar 3 2011, 03:36 PM)
http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_10/

Lauren Alaina Suddeth - My favorite from early on and amazing for a 16 year old. Super personal and comfortable on stage with a hell of a voice.

Julie Zorilla -Hot Columbian babe. Didn't do great last night but expect her to make the top 5.

Pia Toscano-One of the all time best woman performances last night. Superstar in the making.

Kendra Chantelle - Seems like an average singer, nothing special.

Karen Rodriguez -Great voice and in the top 3 of the women. Her and Pia have training and it shows on stage.

Naima Adedap-Great voice but weird outfits and strange songs make for an early exit.

Lauren Turner-I just don't get it. A Bette Midler style isn't winning AI, Cmon!

Rachel Zevita-Not sure what the hell that was but way overconfidant for a weak performance

Haley Reinhart -I thought she did well and has a great voice, top 6 easy, but wife didn't think so, we'll see I guess.

Ta-Tynisa Wilson -horrible performance

Ashton Jones - not much better

Thia Magia- Top 5 easy. Amazingly calm and focused for a 15 year old and great vocal control.

I think I agree with all of this.

I'll also add a prediction: a woman is going to win this season. It seems to me there's much more talent among the girls than the guys.

And oh... I'm voting with my "small head" again this season. I'll pick a hottie with an average voice over an average-looking girl with terrific pipes. But I remember seasons where I voted for my personal "hotties" - Melissa McGhee one season, Haley Scarnato another - only to see them bumped early. sad.gif

http://images.wikia.com/american-idol/images/e/e1/Mcghee.jpghttp://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/haley-scarnato-1.jpg

I think this is the top 5 guys, with Robbie Rosen or Stefano Langone vying for the judges spot.

Paul McDonald- Great voice, weird moves. If he makes it he needs to stay behind he piano.

Scotty McCreery- Great unique country voice but I have a huge dissconnect between the voice and the kid. I picture Merle Haggard and see Opie which makes it hard to take serious.

James Durbin-I expected him to be the worse but turned out to be my favorite performance of the night. Judas Priest? Seriously? Only a few elite people could pull that off and he did it. Being an old rocker dude I loved it and he didn't oversing it. Pretty amazing actually. Glad to see him at least guarantee himself a job with a band somewhere.

Jacob Lusk-Probably one of the all time great voices ever on AI. Flat out amazing. But yeah, see ya on Broadway most likely.

Casey Abrams-Yeah, who doesn't love this guy. Amazing how he gives that jazz vibe a completely different feel and makes it entertaining.

"Gay Geddy" got bumped tonight. Already!