Disgusting foods

Good,bad,andrush

I eat almost everything...but there are three very common foods (and I eat a very large variety of foods) that I dislike. Sometimes, they are alright...but sometimes they are disgusting to me. They are: tomato, eggs, and avocado (down here, it is a very common food and at this point in my lire I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't love it.)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spaghetti! D:

It feels like eating worms.

And the texture is funny. Bleeech.

And when I had braces, it would get stuck in them.

I'm the only person I know that doesn't like spaghetti, but I don't care! I can't stand it!

I am adventurous and will try most anything,

and, have discovered that I really like a wide variety of foods and cuisines.

However, I have also discovered that I cannot bring myself to knowingly eat...

brains. uuggghh, the very thought of eating a creature's brain just revolts me eh.gif

Liver, anchovies (like them in salad, but not on pizza), spam or any other canned meat, McDonald's chicken nuggets and burgers, brown rice, and meat sauce are the only foods I find discusting. Also any vegetarian foods like tofu turkey and veggie burgers gross me out. I don't know how people eat that shit.

I see it's been mentioned, but I cannot let this pass.

God, but there are no words that can adequately express my utter loathing for eggs. The only way I will eat them is if all the egg essence is completely absent. In other words, I will eat them as an ingredient in baked goods, or as a binder for things like meatloaf or burgers, but that's about it. Custards and quiches are out because they are too eggy.

Really, I'd starve to death before eating eggs. My husband has to wait until I've left the house if he wants to boil one for breakfast; even the smell makes me gag. And he knows he'd better use about a half-can of Febreze to obliterate the odor.

I used to like eggs when I was a kid. I ate scrambled eggs fairly often. But then I came down with some horrific stomach virus when I was about eight, and I threw up eggs EVERYWHERE. Not to say that any vomit qualifies as "pleasant", but egg barf is particularly vile. Since then I've never been able to tolerate them.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Feb 25 2011, 11:02 PM)
Spaghetti! D:

I'm the only person I know that doesn't like spaghetti, but I don't care! I can't stand it!

I have a good friend who hates not only spaghetti, but all pasta. She says it feels like it grows in her mouth as she's trying to chew it.

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 25 2011, 10:33 PM)

God, but there are no words that can adequately express my utter loathing for eggs. The only way I will eat them is if all the egg essence is completely absent. In other words, I will eat them as an ingredient in baked goods, or as a binder for things like meatloaf or burgers, but that's about it. Custards and quiches are out because they are too eggy.

Really, I'd starve to death before eating eggs. My husband has to wait until I've left the house if he wants to boil one for breakfast; even the smell makes me gag. And he knows he'd better use about a half-can of Febreze to obliterate the odor.

I used to like eggs when I was a kid. I ate scrambled eggs fairly often. But then I came down with some horrific stomach virus when I was about eight, and I threw up eggs EVERYWHERE. Not to say that any vomit qualifies as "pleasant", but egg barf is particularly vile. Since then I've never been able to tolerate them.

well, that explains your disdain for an otherwise perfectly delicious food. It's too bad... you eggphobes are really missing out.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Feb 25 2011, 11:37 PM)

God, but there are no words that can adequately express my utter loathing for eggs.  The only way I will eat them is if all the egg essence is completely absent.  In other words, I will eat them as an ingredient in baked goods, or as a binder for things like meatloaf or burgers, but that's about it.  Custards and quiches are out because they are too eggy. 

Really, I'd starve to death before eating eggs.  My husband has to wait until I've left the house if he wants to boil one for breakfast; even the smell makes me gag.  And he knows he'd better use about a half-can of Febreze to obliterate the odor.

I used to like eggs when I was a kid.  I ate scrambled eggs fairly often.  But then I came down with some horrific stomach virus when I was about eight, and I threw up eggs EVERYWHERE.  Not to say that any vomit qualifies as "pleasant", but egg barf is particularly vile.  Since then I've never been able to tolerate them.

well, that explains your disdain for an otherwise perfectly delicious food. It's too bad... you eggphobes are really missing out.

My favorite breakfast is two fried eggs on top of corned beef hash with a toasty english muffin. Maybe a couple strips of bacon to top it off. Mmmmmmm!

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 25 2011, 09:35 PM)
Spaghetti! D:

I have a good friend who hates not only spaghetti, but all pasta. She says it feels like it grows in her mouth as she's trying to chew it.

But you see, that's the weird thing!

I love all other kinds of pasta. I even like angel hair pasta (which is very similar to spaghetti). It's just something about that specific kind of pasta I find really repulsive. Gross, gross, gross.

It's literally the only Italian food I don't like.

God, but there are no words that can adequately express my utter loathing for eggs.  The only way I will eat them is if all the egg essence is completely absent.  In other words, I will eat them as an ingredient in baked goods, or as a binder for things like meatloaf or burgers, but that's about it.  Custards and quiches are out because they are too eggy. 

Really, I'd starve to death before eating eggs.  My husband has to wait until I've left the house if he wants to boil one for breakfast; even the smell makes me gag.  And he knows he'd better use about a half-can of Febreze to obliterate the odor.

I used to like eggs when I was a kid.  I ate scrambled eggs fairly often.  But then I came down with some horrific stomach virus when I was about eight, and I threw up eggs EVERYWHERE.  Not to say that any vomit qualifies as "pleasant", but egg barf is particularly vile.  Since then I've never been able to tolerate them.

Some people, once they get sick over a food, they can never eat it again.

Late last year I was at a wedding, and that first bite of the eggplant rollatini told me it was bad. The cheese filling had definitely turned. That one bite was enough to make me very sick the whole next day. I'll never eat it again.

Edited by HowItIs

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Feb 25 2011, 10:58 PM)
Spaghetti! D:

I love all other kinds of pasta. I even like angel hair pasta (which is very similar to spaghetti). It's just something about that specific kind of pasta I find really repulsive. Gross, gross, gross.

I don't like spaghetti either... probably because it was one of the only things my mom ever made growing up and I got sick of it.

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Feb 25 2011, 10:06 PM)
brains. uuggghh, the very thought of eating a creature's brain just revolts me eh.gif

when I was in Scotland I tried haggis... it's not bad really, it's just fried and salty.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Feb 25 2011, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Feb 25 2011, 10:58 PM)
Spaghetti! D:

I don't like spaghetti either... probably because it was one of the only things my mom ever made growing up and I got sick of it.

Maybe that's it.

My mom makes spaghetti all the time. And she has since I was little. I eat it because it's food (I learned a couple years back never to refuse food put on a plate for me if I'm hungry).. albeit begrudgingly. I end up loading on the pepper flakes and Parmesan.

The other common food around here is pork, which I don't care for at all, either. Yech.

I'm not that big a fan of pork either, but I'll eat some. I'm just very selective.

Last summer, we got Chinese takeout from a restaurant and I believe that was the cause of some food poisoning. I got some extreme dizzy spells from it. I could be laying in bed and feel that the whole bed was turning upside down while at the same time making me feel very queezy.

This lasted two days! Once I allowed myself to vomit, I started feeling a lot better, but I've not had much interest in Chinese food since.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 26 2011, 01:04 AM)
I'm not that big a fan of pork either, but I'll eat some. I'm just very selective.

Last summer, we got Chinese takeout from a restaurant and I believe that was the cause of some food poisoning. I got some extreme dizzy spells from it. I could be laying in bed and feel that the whole bed was turning upside down while at the same time making me feel very queezy.

This lasted two days! Once I allowed myself to vomit, I started feeling a lot better, but I've not had much interest in Chinese food since.

You may have encountered one of the last few Chinese restaurants who still use added MSG. The same happened to me last summer - I felt like crap the next day, so I called out of curiosity. Sure enough, it was an MSG sensitivity.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Feb 25 2011, 11:04 PM)
QUOTE (summer_sky @ Feb 25 2011, 10:06 PM)
brains.  uuggghh, the very thought of eating a creature's brain just revolts me  eh.gif

when I was in Scotland I tried haggis... it's not bad really, it's just fried and salty.

I've never had the opportunity to try Haggis. I would like to try it, though.

The part about lungs being an ingredient really doesn't sound appealing, but I have eaten and liked all the other stuff in one form or another so, I'd try Haggis.

Too bad it is illegal to import real Scottish-made Haggis to the USA.