Whats for Dinner #2: Dining Out Editon

The Owl

Last Friday we went to a local steakhouse for my mom's & my birthday. I had french onion soup, fried scallops and mashed potatoes. Dan had clam chowder and fried haddock, which was huge, but he didn't care for it, kinda bland. Mom and brother had strip steak, calamari and stuffed mushrooms.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 15 2012, 09:33 AM)
Back to Denny's Friday night - I had fish and chips with cottage cheese, and Dan had a Grand Slam.

Not questioning your dining decisions, but you guys seem to go to Denny's a lot

When we were in Atlanta last week, we went to a place that was highly recommended called Fat Mack's Rib Shack. Hubby had ribs and I had a pulled pork sandwich. Both were excellent. The ribs were dry rub with sauce on the side. The pulled pork was a bit spicy - just at the edge of my tolerance - but tender and delicious! I also shared a piece of pecan pie with a friend. Wonderful!

If you're in Atlanta, it's on Ponce De Leon St.

Last night we went to Olive Garden and used a gift card I got for Christmas. Dan got salmon and I had seafood portofino - scallops, mussels, and shrimp over linguine. Tonight we went to Subway - turkey for Dan, chicken bacon.gif ranch for me.

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Apr 15 2012, 09:12 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 15 2012, 09:33 AM)
Back to Denny's Friday night - I had fish and chips with cottage cheese, and Dan had a Grand Slam.

Not questioning your dining decisions, but you guys seem to go to Denny's a lot

And we've done it again laugh.gif Yeah, we go there a lot - it's close, my boyfriend likes it, they know us there...anyway, I had a bacon cheddar burger, and they were out of tilapia, so Dan had to have a club sandwich, his old favorite.

Went to a fundraising dinner for Boy Scouts on Wednesday that Dan's work gets a table at. Lovely salad with strawberries, steak, potato cakes, shredded veggies, and dense chocolate dessert that I should have stopped halfway through...man, my stomach wasn't right, and I wasn't hungry for a full 24 hours.

Went to Sal's Seafood last night and got take-out fish and french fries.

City Barbecue last night- pulled pork with their brushfire sauce, gumbo and rice, sweet vinegar slaw and a big fat green salad with cucumbers and onions, and French dressing. Yum!

It's 8:00 in the morning, and I feel like I could go for it again right now!

Hmmm...leftovers of the meat and the sauce are in the fridge... cool.gif

QUOTE (Blue J @ May 6 2012, 08:13 AM)
City Barbecue last night- pulled pork with their brushfire sauce, gumbo and rice, sweet vinegar slaw and a big fat green salad with cucumbers and onions, and French dressing. Yum!

It's 8:00 in the morning, and I feel like I could go for it again right now!

Hmmm...leftovers of the meat and the sauce are in the fridge...  cool.gif

drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif

Oh lawd.... Cajun BBQ..... something we're SEVERELY lacking here in Prov, far as I can tell.

Edited by CrossedSignals

Been out a lot this past weekend - Friday night we had fish dinners at a diner near my boyfriend's. We don't normally eat in his neck of the woods, but we were on our way to the observatory near his house. The next day was lunch after my uncle's memorial service - chicken pot pie with a flaky, puff pastry-like crust. Back home and out to dinner (Italian) with my mother - I had chicken parm and took half of it home! Sunday was Mother's Day dinner with Dan's mom at Perkins - she and I both had mango steak and shrimp on rice. I had the leftovers of my peanut butter pie tonight tongue.gif

Had burgers two nights in a row. Basic lettuce, tomato, and mayo at Friendly's on Friday with fries and a caramel on butter crunch sundae for dessert. Mozzarella, chopped garlic, artichoke hearts, black olives and mayo at Cheeburger Cheeburger last night, with an Oreo Cheesecake milkshake and a few sweet potato fries. Couldn't finish the milkshake!

Back to Denny's - I've been sick this past week, so was looking for something simple, and decided on a club sandwich with broccoli on the side. Got halfway through it and had to take the rest home for lunch the next day.

I forgot the 20% coupon I had, and I think it's only good for another week, so we'll probably be back there next week.

Went to a high-class local greek restaurant yesterday. Had a myzithra pasta. One street away from the University Of Utah, on a patio looking at the main street, that has several small-time businesses on it, and plenty of other college age peoples driving by.

Extremely high-class.