Whats for Dinner #2: Dining Out Editon

The Owl

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for starting this thread! Last night we went to Applebee's, had boneless chicken wings for an appetizer, I had chicken tenders and fries, and Dan had steak and a baked potato. They thought our wings took too long to be served, so gave us money off of them and free drinks. I had been thinking it was taking a while, but thought it might have been just because I was hungry. No biggie, we were busy watching Syracuse (narrowly) win their basketball game.

The night before, we went to Denny's - Dan had a club sandwich and onion rings, and I had a bacon cheeseburger and fries.

Went to my hometown's local bar/pub called The Fountain (twice this weekend while visiting, ha!) They are known for the best pizza consistently through the area; they have a real pizza oven and well exceed your typical "I Love NY" pizza joint. So I had pizza Sat. night and grilled chicken sandwhich last night w/ fries.

I was treated to Outback Steakhouse the other night. I ordered the Alice Springs Chicken. This is basically a piece of tender chicken with bacon and three cheeses on it (I couldn't name them off the top of my head), and a side of mashed potatoes with sour cream and some spice. It was quite delicious.

Haven't been out for awhile but the last time we were, we tried a new place called Blue Agave Mexican Grill. I expected a sit-down place but it's more like a burrito bar. And, man, these burritos come with everything you want to throw in there. My husband had them fill one up and it ended up as big around as his arm!! That's too much for me so I has a couple of tacos and a quesadilla. All of it was delicious. Plus, they had sopapillas for desert - the REAL ones, not just flour tortillas with cinnamon-sugar sprinkled on them. We will definitely go back there!

It's in Port Orchard, WA on Sedgewick Rd.

Edited by HowItIs

We don't go out often, can't control what's in the food, and really have to watch sodium intake due to my son's high BP. He's thin and has high BP at 17... scary.

We do go out once a month or so, and went to Carrabba's Italian Grill a couple weeks back. Their Chicken Bryan with cavatappi amatriciana is awesome!

Friday night was Julie's Diner here in town - they're only open on Friday nights during the winter. I had a cheeseburger - was supposed to be bacon, but didn't come with it, I didn't notice right away, and we didn't get charged for it, so I blew it off. It was okay, but not fantastic, so I'll think I'll stick to ordering fried haddock, which is very good there.

Last night we used a gift card to Chili's - the food was great even though they were very busy. We had chips with salsa, sour cream and guacamole for appetizer (the latter two dips were extra, which we didn't realize, but I wanted more than salsa, and my boyfriend liked the guacamole more than he though he would. He had Cajun chicken pasta (I almost did) and I had bacon chicken quesadillas, whcih came with a nice side of black beans and rice. I took half of mine home, I was so full! We both had strawberry lemonades, one and change for me, two and most of a third for him, because he begged it off me and I probably wasn't going to drink it all.

Last night was Barbieri's - another diner/Italian place in town. I was going to have eggplant parmigiana, but I saw burgers at the next table that looked good, so I ordered a bacon cheeseburger. Much improved over the one from last week, but the weird thing was, it didn't come with lettuce and tomato, and I really missed it. I would have filched some out of my boyfriend's salad, but he'd already eaten it. He wasn't feeling well and didn't eat all his chicken riggies, so I had some of those, too.

Tonight we're having store brand frozen supreme pizza. Don't laugh, it looks and smells great. We'll see how it tastes!

Ordered some Thai Express today, had the Pineapple chicken/noodles/dragon roll plate. The Dragon Rolls almost had nothing in them but the chicken was amazing. I love Asian food. Edited by usb_connector

Friday night was Denny's - a popular hangout for us. I ordered chicken noodle soup, and my boyfriend ended up with a nice free side salad when the waiter got distracted by the basketball game and (at first) brought me salad instead of soup. I think he got confused because I ordered the chicken bacon ranch melt, and brought salad and ranch dressing. My boyfriend got the build your own Grand Slam. For filling out a survey, we get another free one within a month.

We had the four meat store-bought pizza tonight, same as the supreme we had last week. The crust is a little cardboardy, but not too bad, and the taste and toppings are good. Plus, he left me the leftovers new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It's really hard to go wrong with the Mizithra Cheese spaghetti, or any spaghetti really, at the Spaghetti Factory. If there's one in your area, go. Extremely affordable, too.

We went to Friendly's (you'll probably only know what that is if you're from the Northeast US) Friday night. I had fish and chips, and my BF had a turkey club. We both had caramel sundaes, mine on butter crunch. His was supposed to be maple walnut, but he thinks he got something with peanuts in. I never would have complained about this when I was little (I often complained about the opposite), but there was way too much caramel sauce for how much ice cream there was. I must be getting old!

Friday night we were back to Denny's. My BF had the free Grand Slam we got from filling out the online survey. I had the fried haddock platter. It was good, but the waiter forgot my clam chowder, so I got it with dinner, and they didn't fill the bowl very full (I'm not having good luck getting soup there lately)! Oh well, I'll give the guy a pass because he liked my Rush hoodie tongue.gif He could take a page from the boys - it wasn't busy there at all, and he was working himself into a frenzy. I told Dan he was making me appreciate Rush and how cool they appear while they multitask cool.gif

Saturday we went to a different Five Guys location than we've been to before, and it was much better - the hamburger patties weren't falling apart, and one small order of fries was more than the two of us could eat.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Mar 20 2011, 07:24 PM)
We went to Friendly's (you'll probably only know what that is if you're from the Northeast US) Friday night. I had fish and chips, and my BF had a turkey club. We both had caramel sundaes, mine on butter crunch. His was supposed to be maple walnut, but he thinks he got something with peanuts in. I never would have complained about this when I was little (I often complained about the opposite), but there was way too much caramel sauce for how much ice cream there was. I must be getting old!

i like the fishamajig. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Friday night was a chicken souvlaki platter at the Gardenview Diner. Lots of extra salad, and so much food I had to take my fries home. Saturday was my birthday dinner at the Old Erie Restaurant in Weedsport, NY. My sister and I had seafood scampi, my BF had grilled salmon with an apple tomato saice, my niece had scallop and lobster mac and cheese, brother-in-law had chiken parm, nephew had meatball pizza, and mom had prime rib. All yummy - hungry now?

Last night was leftovers from both nights!

Lots of eating out on our Rush trip the last coupla days! Lunch yesterday was McD's crispy chicken club sandwiches. Neither of us were fond of the rolls...they had a sweet taste, which was kinda weird, and dry/too thick.

Dinner (Rush meetup!) was at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers - first I'd ever been to one, and great stuff - they actually cooked my burger medium rare (very few places will anymore). We had Banzai Burgers with pineapple on them - yummy!

Hit Friendly's again on the way home today, and this time we actually ordered something different...rueben for me, turkey club for Dan. Wasn't hungry the rest of the day!

We went to the pet store today to get some food I'm trying with my supposedly allergic kitty, and had lunch at the Hoffman's Hot Haus in the same shopping plaza. We both had a mixed double (hot dog and coney) on one roll, and rice pudding with cinnamon. The place inspired lots of conversation about Gershon's Sausage tongue.gif

Last night my mom, uncle, aunt, and my mom's neighbors went to Joey's Italian restaurant. We shared a fried calamari appetizer, and I had linguine with white clam sauce, which had whole small clams and lots of garlic. Yummy stuff yes.gif

There are a shit load of Mexican restaurants in Austin, alot of them are great, and alot not so much.... Which is why I am apprehensive about going to a Mexican restaurant I have not ever tried..

But just ate at this place

http://www.casagarcias.net/

Casa Garcias, in Austin Texas (there are 3 of them here).... f***ing amazing... had a really good beef fajita burrito...

Went to Denny's again Friday night...I had an ultimate omelette, and actually got my soup this time, though still almost with my food...this time the excuse was "we wanted to make new clam chowder". I guess I don't want dried-up old clam chowder! Got another survey to fill out for a free Grand Slam, too.

Went to the Chinese buffet Friday night...what didn't I eat? My fortune said I was an inspiring and exciting person. Gotta love that comic relief! Dan's said something like "Discontent is the first step for change for a person or a nation", and I told him it reminded me of "Always hopeful yest discontent/ He knows changes aren't permanent/ But change is".

Tonight we took both our mothers to Copper Top Tavern...I had San Marco Swordfish, with pesto sauce, olives, basil, tomatoes, and lots of garlic on top. Dan had another kind of swordfish with a mango sauce, his mom had fettucine carbonara, and my mom had sausage and pepper pasta. We were all stuffed!