Neil references

Sweetmiracle

I was perusing the new Car and Driver today (my husband and I have a deal: he reads some of my philosophy and science books, I read his car mags, we then discuss them while listening to Rush...) when I came across this letter to the editor....

(and yes, I know that Brutus is Neil's friend, not his nickname!)

The article begins by mentioning Ayn Rand. Interesting. I have a question: Did the writer intend to place the hidden messages that referred to Neil Peart (the drummer/songwriter for the rock band Rush) throughout the article, or were they simply coincidences? Here's what I'm talking about: (1) In the case of the fourth place finisher, the Crossfire, the author uses the phrase "in the end" - this is a song title from Rush's first album; (2) for the third-place finisher, the Mercedes, the term "peaceable kingdom" is used - this is a song from Rush's latest CD; Then, for the second-place finisher, the Corvette, the author mentions "Brutus" - Neil Peart's nickname (sic). By the way, Ayn Rand was an influence on Peart's songwriting. Just wondering.

Tim Yakich

Editor's reply: Hey Tim-O, you got an A+ on our secret pot-smoker's test!

Here's a

link

to the original article....

LOL...yeah, 'cause everyone knows that only secret pot-smokers listen to Rush.

smile.gif

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Apr 28 2005, 11:12 AM)
...the author mentions "Brutus" - Neil Peart's nickname

Since when? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Brutus his friend in jail that he wrote countless letters to? I've heard of Pratt, the professor, and on one bootleg, "Dr. Bruno." Since when is Neil "Brutus?"

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Apr 28 2005, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Apr 28 2005, 11:12 AM)
...the author mentions "Brutus" - Neil Peart's nickname

Since when? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Brutus his friend in jail that he wrote countless letters to? I've heard of Pratt, the professor, and on one bootleg, "Dr. Bruno." Since when is Neil "Brutus?"

You are correct...the guy just messed up. Brutus is Neil's cycling buddy, not Neil himself.

Archived