Counterparts forum

Godot

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Feb 19 2011, 10:25 AM)
QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Feb 19 2011, 10:13 AM)
CP stopped being fun for me. There is a very cliquish, core group of "insiders" who relentlessly harass and insult certain individuals...

you obviously haven't been back since 2008 or so - that kind of behavior is all but gone, Cyg

...threads often degenerate into really nasty, ugly flame wars. I don't see much of that here at TRF...

oh there's plenty of that here

the TRF Administration takes a much more 'hands on' approach in threads, so 'flame wars' tend to be much more petty and juvenile (the nasty and ugly is edited out)

nonetheless, there's considerably more of that type of behavior here than at CP

...I don't see TRF priding itself on being a "Biker Bar" or a "Snake Pit", in other words, some sort of force to be reconned with...

again, CP hasn't been a "Biker Bar" for over two years

TRF suits me just fine.

well, based on this post, I'd have to agree with you tongue.gif

since according to you CP has changed dramatically in a couple of years (i wouldn't know as i haven't really posted there in a long time), what about this post i made earlier. are my statements no longer accurate?

counterparts is great if you love threads that take 4 hours to read containing vicious insults, arguing, tons of in-jokes and completely random idiocy with about 10 minutes of those 4 hours being truly worthwhile. tongue.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Feb 19 2011, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE (ouchithurts @ Feb 19 2011, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (Litehawk @ Feb 11 2011, 07:04 PM)
What's the deal with them?

Ken who runs the board is severely, clinically, and legally mentally ill.

Aw cmon man, why would you say that... thats not cool.

Why would I say that? Because it is true. Lithehawk asked a question, I answered it truthfully.

MOD EDIT: We really don't need people's real full names posted in this thread.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I am honestly surprised that this thread took an entire 8 pages to become 'Ouchified'...

counterparts is great if you love threads that take 4 hours to read containing vicious insults, arguing, tons of in-jokes and completely random idiocy with about 10 minutes of those 4 hours being truly worthwhile.

C'mon Goob... I challenge you to find a public messageboard anywhere that does not fall under your listed umbrella! tongue.gif

Edited by rummut71

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 19 2011, 11:11 AM)
I am honestly surprised that this thread took an entire 8 pages to become 'Ouchified'...

counterparts is great if you love threads that take 4 hours to read containing vicious insults, arguing, tons of in-jokes and completely random idiocy with about 10 minutes of those 4 hours being truly worthwhile.

C'mon Goob... I challenge you to find a public messageboard anywhere that does not fall under your listed umbrella! tongue.gif

idk man, i don't see that at all on TRF, except maybe grand designs where random nonsense is kind of accepted and somewhat expected. if TRF has what i'm describing, it's to a very minor degree. for the most part threads here are on-topic, and if they're particularly lengthy, it's because a lot of people usually have things to say that are mostly worth reading.

my memory of CP from 2-3 years back is there would be threads about topics that interested me, which would quickly get to a length where it would take a full hour or two to read the whole thread, with most of the posts being completely off-topic with participants making in-jokes with each other or insulting or teasing each other relentlessly, and if you hadn't been there for 5 years, you wouldn't understand any of what was going on. it was pretty clique-ish - not like new people or people in general were being purposefully excluded, more that it was very difficult to get in with the group there.

i just remember a whole lot of nonsense that was agonizing to read through to get to the good stuff. it was literally like one post in 20, if that, that was on-topic and interesting to read. i found it very difficult to actually engage in meaningful discussions about anything. at least that's how i remember it, and it was to a far greater degree than any message board i've seen elsewhere.

don't get me wrong, there are some really great people there, and if you like the style of posting there, more power to you, but my memory of it is that threads could be very difficult to get through.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 19 2011, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Feb 19 2011, 10:25 AM)
CP stopped being fun for me. There is a very cliquish, core group of "insiders" who relentlessly harass and insult certain individuals...

you obviously haven't been back since 2008 or so - that kind of behavior is all but gone, Cyg

...threads often degenerate into really nasty, ugly flame wars. I don't see much of that here at TRF...

oh there's plenty of that here

the TRF Administration takes a much more 'hands on' approach in threads, so 'flame wars' tend to be much more petty and juvenile (the nasty and ugly is edited out)

nonetheless, there's considerably more of that type of behavior here than at CP

...I don't see TRF priding itself on being a "Biker Bar" or a "Snake Pit", in other words, some sort of force to be reconned with...

TRF suits me just fine.

well, based on this post, I'd have to agree with you tongue.gif

since according to you CP has changed dramatically in a couple of years (i wouldn't know as i haven't really posted there in a long time), what about this post i made earlier. are my statements no longer accurate?

counterparts is great if you love threads that take 4 hours to read containing vicious insults, arguing, tons of in-jokes and completely random idiocy with about 10 minutes of those 4 hours being truly worthwhile. tongue.gif

You are correct GW, I haven't been back there for about 2 years, so this is the first I've heard of a change of attitude at CP.

Edited by CygXanTor

QUOTE (ouchithurts @ Feb 19 2011, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Feb 19 2011, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE (ouchithurts @ Feb 19 2011, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (Litehawk @ Feb 11 2011, 07:04 PM)
What's the deal with them?

Ken who runs the board is severely, clinically, and legally mentally ill.

Aw cmon man, why would you say that... thats not cool.

Why would I say that? Because it is true. Lithehawk asked a question, I answered it truthfully.

Ouchie, I've asked you this before, and apparently you forgot:

Whatever problems you may have had with certain people on CP, don't talk about them here. It's not our business, and calling out specific people and problems on here makes you look like a complete tool.

And that's not what Lithehawk was asking when he started this thread, and you know it. That remark makes you look like a tool, too.

And just for the record, Ouchie. Based on how and what you post, I'll take Ken's word over yours any day of the week.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

there have been some positive improvements - comparatively, your quote would read like this today:

counterparts is great if you love threads that take 2 hours to read containing arguing, a few in-jokes and completely random but entertaining idiocy with about 30 minutes of those 2 hours being truly worthwhile. tongue.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Feb 19 2011, 01:46 PM)
since according to you CP has changed dramatically in a couple of years (i wouldn't know as i haven't really posted there in a long time), what about this post i made earlier.  are my statements no longer accurate?

there have been some positive improvements - comparatively, your quote would read like this today:

counterparts is great if you love threads that take 2 hours to read containing arguing, a few in-jokes and completely random but entertaining idiocy with about 30 minutes of those 2 hours being truly worthwhile. tongue.gif

laugh.gif

well, that would be an improvement then. tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 22 2011, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Feb 22 2011, 10:34 AM)
Alex Lifeson just posted over at Counterparts:

http://www.rushmessageboard.com/cpmb/index.php?showforum=2

Seeing as that link simply brings you to CP's Rush subforum, is there some sort of contest at CP today to see how many hits the site gets? tongue.gif

I lurk there, anyways. ph34r.gif

I clicked just to see what he meant. Didn't see any new replies since my last check!

The link above doesn't work at all, just loading and loading.

Edit, this message shows Up:

Situs ini tidak dapat dijangkau

Coba:

• Periksa sambungan
  • Memeriksa proxy dan firewall
  • Jalankan Diagnostik Jaringan Windows

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Edited by Permanent-Rush

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Feb 19 2011, 10:13 AM) ...I don't see TRF priding itself on being a "Biker Bar" or a "Snake Pit", in other words, some sort of force to be reconned with...

We're all in our 50s now. We might be better described as The Need A Fiber Bar. :pizza: :hotdog: :burger: :moon:

Edited by Three Eyes
  • Like 1

perhaps it has finally died

Your face

Oh wait, that doesn't really work here. Nevermind.

"Nevermind?"

It's pure Nirvana that CP is out of biYYZzzzzzzz

Never liked the vibe there.

73 still has it going on despite the main product retiring.

1001001 must be doing something right.

Hell, I'm still posting here. LOL!

• Like 2

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Feb 19 2011, 10:13 AM) ...I don't see TRF priding itself on being a "Biker Bar" or a "Snake Pit", in other words, some sort of force to be reconned with...

We're all in our 50s now. We might be better described as The Need A Fiber Bar. :pizza: :hotdog: :burger: :moon:

:LOL:
  • Like 1