Neil Redux

• Please log in to reply
691 replies to this topic

#21 2112Oracle

2112Oracle

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, singing, meeting up with new people, hanging with my closest friends, laughing. Oh, and listening to Rush, of course. :P

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 8 2011, 07:42 PM)
I hate when posts get cloned angry.gif

Where did this picture come from?

user posted image

I don't recall seeing it on his website.... ???

It appears that Neil is doing a little Geddy thing with the glasses down slightly.

wub.gif I rather love this picture for some reason. cool.gif  

Sponsored Post

#22 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Feb 8 2011, 11:00 PM)

user posted image

It appears that Neil is doing a little Geddy thing with the glasses down slightly.

Yes, it is rather  wub.gif worthy, isn't it?  smile.gif  

#23 Tick

Tick

Mr: 26,000!!!

• Members *
  • 26346 posts
  • Interests:I like big butts and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny !....oh sorry, lost my mind for a minute.

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:54 AM

user posted image
atickhum.gif  

#24 realomind

realomind

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Interests:yes, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Genesis, Captain Marryat, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, The Police, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Brand X, Steely Dan, Zappa, Beefheart, The Tragically Hip, White Zombie, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, STP, Eels, Helmet, Prong, Beatles, Supertramp, Hendrix, Cream, Stevie Winwood, Traffic, RHCP, FNM, Primus, Blind Faith, John Mayall, The Stooges, Danzig ...

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 9 2011, 12:54 PM)
user posted image
atickhum.gif

z7shysterical.gif  Nice one!

#25 Analog Kelly

Analog Kelly

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:Books, Coffee, Baseball and Rush of course .....

Shows attended: 4/4/86, 12/9/87, 4/22/90, 3/15/92, 6/20/92, 4/23/94, 12/14/96, 7/15/02, 8/11/04, 7/2/07, 9/17/07

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:36 AM

user posted image

One of my all time favs  wub.gif  

#26 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:29 AM

I didn't forget the Professor while I was watching S&A...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

wub.gif  smile.gif  

#27 realomind

realomind

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Interests:yes, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Genesis, Captain Marryat, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, The Police, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Brand X, Steely Dan, Zappa, Beefheart, The Tragically Hip, White Zombie, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, STP, Eels, Helmet, Prong, Beatles, Supertramp, Hendrix, Cream, Stevie Winwood, Traffic, RHCP, FNM, Primus, Blind Faith, John Mayall, The Stooges, Danzig ...

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:48 AM

Cheers HowItIs, great pics.  How do you get those screen captures?  Whenever I go back to look at ones I thought had succesfully saved I end up with just a black screen.  

#28 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts
  • Interests:Tolkien, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Supernatural, and more to come...

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 12 2011, 06:29 AM)
user posted image

Stewie! laugh.gif

Looks like the Rush guys are Family Guy fans. And now Neil has Stewie, Alex has his Barbies and Geddy has Mini Neil. Incredible rock artists like them need sidekicks. tongue.gif

#29 2112Oracle

2112Oracle

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, singing, meeting up with new people, hanging with my closest friends, laughing. Oh, and listening to Rush, of course. :P

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Feb 12 2011, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 12 2011, 06:29 AM)
user posted image

Stewie! laugh.gif

Looks like the Rush guys are Family Guy fans. And now Neil has Stewie, Alex has his Barbies and Geddy has Mini Neil. Incredible rock artists like them need sidekicks. tongue.gif

Stewie's the awesomeness.  biggrin.gif

And, that is very true. Rush does need their sidekicks. And, they are somewhat epic.

But, very nice pictures, HowItIs.  cool.gif  

#30 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (realomind @ Feb 12 2011, 08:48 AM)
Cheers HowItIs, great pics.  How do you get those screen captures?  Whenever I go back to look at ones I thought had succesfully saved I end up with just a black screen.

You may end up with a black screen because the material is copyrighted and won't let you take screen caps with the Print Screen on your keyboard. What I do is play the DVD in my VLC media player, the one with the orange cone as an icon, and do what's called a "Snapshot." It's under "Video" in the main menu. tongue.gif

#31 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (realomind @ Feb 12 2011, 06:48 AM)

Well you see, these aren't actual "captures" in the sense of watching a DVD on my computer and grabbing the screen. What I do is put on the Blu-Ray DVD and hit pause when I see something I like. Step a few frames if need be and then I....  take a digital picture! Really. The Blu-Rays make such beautiful freeze frames that I can just snap a pic. I then do a trim and a few adjustments if need be in a photo program and... voila! Not perfect by any means but acceptable. Definitely low-tech, though  laugh.gif  

#32 realomind

realomind

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:42 AM

Wow, lol, I'd never have known that, they look great for having just taken a snap of the tv screen!  Nice one HowItIs! Thanks for explaining it.  Thanks also NobodysHeroine for your suggestions too, duly noted!

#33 TwentyOneTwelve

TwentyOneTwelve

The Seeker

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:Mooosic, reading and gigs. Lots of gigs.

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

user posted image

Stolen from the Alex thread. Sorry HowItIs!  tongue.gif

wub.gif  

#34 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts
  • Interests:Rush.....um......Rush.....and.....um.......Rush......oh yeah, and RUSH! Other than that, I play the guitar, sing, love most kinds of music, including country (I sing that professionally), love photography, art, and hockey.

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Feb 9 2011, 01:00 AM)

user posted image

me too...it's a little mischievous  wub.gif

#35 2112Oracle

2112Oracle

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Feb 21 2011, 10:41 AM)

user posted image

Oh, yes, it is.  tongue.gif  wub.gif  

#36 realomind

realomind

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Feb 21 2011, 10:45 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Feb 21 2011, 10:41 AM)

user posted image

Oh, yes, it is.  tongue.gif  wub.gif

Still can't remember where that pic came from (it must have come from his website, surely)...wonder if anyone else can chime in.

Anyway.  Just wanted to post this and saw awww.  That is all. blush4.gif
user posted image

#37 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (realomind @ Feb 21 2011, 07:51 PM)
Still can't remember where that pic came from (it must have come from his website, surely)...wonder if anyone else can chime in.

Anyway.  Just wanted to post this and saw awww.  That is all. blush4.gif
user posted image

That is adorable. Now Pratt is tempting me again. tongue.gif wub.gif

The pic of him peering over his sunglasses is very Geddy-like, indeed. It makes my Neil-temptation even worse, since I love it when Geddy does that. They're both working their charm on me. blush4.gif

Edited by NobodysHeroine, 21 February 2011 - 08:51 PM.

#38 realomind

realomind

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Feb 22 2011, 01:47 AM)

user posted image

The pic of him peering over his sunglasses is very Geddy-like, indeed. It makes my Neil-temptation even worse, since I love it when Geddy does that. They're both working their charm on me. blush4.gif

Come on over to the dark side NobodysHeroine, y'know you wanna  wink.gif muhaahaahaa  tongue.gif
seriously though, surely there's some room for the big chap, along with Ged, y'know it makes sense... yes.gif  wink.gif  

#39 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (realomind @ Feb 21 2011, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Feb 22 2011, 01:47 AM)

user posted image

Come on over to the dark side NobodysHeroine, y'know you wanna  wink.gif muhaahaahaa  tongue.gif
seriously though, surely there's some room for the big chap, along with Ged, y'know it makes sense... yes.gif  wink.gif

He's almost looking at you with puppy eyes. So cute! wub.gif heart.gif

I think I'm already moving toward the dark side. ph34r.gif

There's even room for Lerxst in there. I'm no longer an exclusive Geddy girl, anymore. Now I'm a Rush girl. But I don't mind it at all. I'll get the best of all three worlds. biggrin.gif

#40 Lamelight

Lamelight

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2190 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:36 PM

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users