Traveling to see Rush?

L. Wince

Me and my brother are getting tickets to the April 12th Show in Chicago, IL. We are going to be traveling from Nebraska to see Rush. Awesome!

Anybody else traveling to see Rush, and how far?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Feb 5 2011, 09:42 AM)
Yep.. Travel time. Road Trip!!! 653.gif
old.gif I am in Colorado's Southwest corner and will drive to LA Calif for the show.

825 miles one way.. ohmy.gif

2.gif 653.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif cool10.gif icon_alienjig.gif bncegrn.gif

damn. thats quite a drive. from NE to Chicago is only 565 miles one way. either way, its a long drive. it should be fun!

I've traveled to Toronto to see them before. That's only about a two hour trip though as long as the border crossing bullshit doesn't delay you too long.

I traveled twice to see them las summer. The first time was to Saratoga Springs, NY which is between a 4-5 hour drive from here depending on how fast you go and what traffic is like. I drive really fast so it was four hours wink.gif

The second was to Syracuse, NY which is only a two hour drive away. For some reason the tour promoters have forgotten about what a loyal following Rush has here in Buffalo. They haven't come here since the fisrt leg of S&A which is very unusual for them. That's the reason I had to travel last summer.

Traveling is a good thing because it gives you a new place and another option to see the band when they tour again.

QUOTE (L. Wince @ Feb 5 2011, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ Feb 5 2011, 09:42 AM)
Yep.. Travel time. Road Trip!!!  653.gif
old.gif I am in Colorado's Southwest corner and will drive to LA Calif for the show.

825 miles one way..  ohmy.gif

2.gif  653.gif  1022.gif  trink39.gif  cool10.gif  icon_alienjig.gif  bncegrn.gif

damn. thats quite a drive. from NE to Chicago is only 565 miles one way. either way, its a long drive. it should be fun!

Have you taken the trip before?

I went with my school's music program (band and choirs) up to Chicago last year. Not real scenic on the way up there but it's not a terribly long trip. We left at 7 AM or so and were there by 4 or 5 PM... and that was with stopping more often than necessary.

In any case, enjoy the journey! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Traveling by car's a lot more fun than airplane, anyways.

This year I will travel 3 times to a different country for the TM tour!

last 2 years I traveled 6(?) times to different countries to see..RUSH tribute bands,such great fun,brought back tour memories.

At least this year I dont have to travel that far to see them for the first time in my country bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (L. Wince @ Feb 5 2011, 09:23 AM)
Me and my brother are getting tickets to the April 12th Show in Chicago, IL. We are going to be traveling from Nebraska to see Rush. Awesome!

Anybody else traveling to see Rush, and how far?

To start, let me say that I ALWAYS have to travel to see Rush, since they rarely come to Idaho. sad.gif

Well, I am flying from Boise, Idaho out to see the show in Hershey, PA, then in NYC a couple nights later. Then, I will fly the next weekend from Boise to Cleveland for that show. In June, I will drive (about 9 hours - between 500 and 600 miles) to Portland, OR. While I am in that neck of the woods, I will also see them at The Gorge.

Yeah, I have a problem.... laugh.gif

My boyfriend and I are driving from Syracuse, New York to Toledo, then Hershey, and back home! The schedule looks something like this:

Tuesday, April 5: Drive until we're tired

Wednesday, April 6: Drive the rest of the way to Toledo, attend meetup at Table Forty 4, Rush show

Thursday, April 7: Head towards Hershey until tired

Friday, April 8: Drive the rest of the way to Hershey, hope we find a lot of Rush fans wherever we go to eat (clue me in here if there's something planned), Rush show

Saturday, April 9: Drive home *waaaahh* fists crying.gif

Heya Rushchick and 1 of the 7, I'll be going to the Hershey show in April... this is my neck of the woods. Maybe we could arrange to meet up and say hello or sumthin'? smile.gif

No traveling this leg of the tour... will see the Hershey show which is local for me.

But, did fly to Colorado for the 16 August 2010 Red Rocks show. What a grand couple of days that was!

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Feb 5 2011, 08:37 PM)
Heya Rushchick and 1 of the 7, I'll be going to the Hershey show in April... this is my neck of the woods.  Maybe we could arrange to meet up and say hello or sumthin'? smile.gif

We would definitely be game! I think Rushchick10 is with a large group of people who already have plans (correct me if I'm wrong, Jaime)! I've heard scuttlebut that Red Robin is one place people are meeting, but we're open to anything. Hope to see you there!

Oh, and we should probably put any plans in the Hershey thread, in case others want to join in.

Edited by 1 of the 7

I've travelled to Vegas every time the band has played there and this year will be no exception. The good news is I've decided to fly this time so drive time is an 1 hour instead of 9. I found a great non stop from Colo to NV and will be there from Thurs. to Sun. Viva Las Vegas baby! Yeah!