Traveling to see Rush?

L. Wince

@ a 20 minute putt to downtown Baltimore. Beats the drive to Va. I think VT was last time they were in town.. could be wrong. anyway its getting close!!!! Edited by ridertoo98

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the dates were first announced a few months back, I was disappointed that if I were to go, I would have to drive about 2 hours (or thereabouts) to see Rush in Greensboro - I live about a half-hour west of Charlotte - and after my ride told me they "absolutely" wouldn't go if it were that far, I was SO disappointed.....until a few weeks after when they announced Greenville, SC, which is FAR closer to where I live than Greensboro. So, I'm only traveling maybe an hour to see them. It'll be my first show, so I'm pretty excited. =]

QUOTE (Ritchie Ramone @ Mar 12 2011, 07:08 PM)
When the dates were first announced a few months back, I was disappointed that if I were to go, I would have to drive about 2 hours (or thereabouts) to see Rush in Greensboro - I live about a half-hour west of Charlotte - and after my ride told me they "absolutely" wouldn't go if it were that far, I was SO disappointed.....until a few weeks after when they announced Greenville, SC, which is FAR closer to where I live than Greensboro. So, I'm only traveling maybe an hour to see them. It'll be my first show, so I'm pretty excited. =]

yay - glad you found a way to make it.

tell your ride two hours is small price to pay for an experience of a lifetime... and shorter than the show, incidentally.

QUOTE (evilsugar25 @ Mar 12 2011, 07:10 PM)
tell your ride two hours is small price to pay for an experience of a lifetime... and shorter than the show, incidentally.

Thanks! I was (understandably) upset when that happened, but now I couldn't be any happier. I've wanted to see them live for a good while now, and I'm jumping for joy that I'm finally getting the chance (and they're playing some of my favorite songs this year, to top it all off!)

QUOTE (Ritchie Ramone @ Mar 12 2011, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE (evilsugar25 @ Mar 12 2011, 07:10 PM)

Thanks! I was (understandably) upset when that happened, but now I couldn't be any happier. I've wanted to see them live for a good while now, and I'm jumping for joy that I'm finally getting the chance (and they're playing some of my favorite songs this year, to top it all off!)

awesome. i've been seeing them for years, and saw them four times last year, and have another two (at least) coming up on this leg so far, and trust me, they are firing on all cylinders. the set list is solid, and playing all of MP just tops it off.

I am traveling from buffalo to cleveland for the april 15 show. Cant wait!!

Previous shows were July 4 2007 at Darien Lake and September 2010 at the State Fair in Syracuse.

I am doing Toledo and Cleveland and Frankfurt Germany; if I get there early enough, gonna go over to Rotterdam for that show; Chicago and Louisville also possible! RUSH!

I'll be travelling about 6 hours by bus the day before the gig (Glasgow may 14th) to get there, but I'll be staying with relatives for a few days so it'll be good. Just wish I could afford to see more shows but maybe by the time of the next tour (there'll at least be one more right? unsure.gif laugh.gif ) i'll be in the position to manage it.

QUOTE (realomind @ Mar 24 2011, 12:32 PM)
I'll be travelling about 6 hours by bus the day before the gig (Glasgow may 14th) to get there, but I'll be staying with relatives for a few days so it'll be good. Just wish I could afford to see more shows but maybe by the time of the next tour (there'll at least be one more right? unsure.gif laugh.gif ) i'll be in the position to manage it.

Hahah and you get to spend time drinking with ME!!! Its all good laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Mar 24 2011, 12:37 PM)
QUOTE (realomind @ Mar 24 2011, 12:32 PM)
I'll be travelling about 6 hours by bus the day before the gig (Glasgow may 14th) to get there, but I'll be staying with relatives for a few days so it'll be good.  Just wish I could afford to see more shows but maybe by the time of the next tour (there'll at least be one more right?  unsure.gif  laugh.gif  )  i'll be in the position to manage it.

Hahah and you get to spend time drinking with ME!!! Its all good laugh.gif laugh.gif

trink39.gif Abso-bloody-lutely...good times! yes.gif