Rare footage.

snowdog2112

QUOTE (evilsugar25 @ Mar 9 2011, 11:57 PM)
from Rush Spotlight 1990.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/evilsugar25/pert.jpg

sigh. really?

facepalm.gif

It's okay, Neil. Many people have trouble spelling my (real) name, first and last. You're not alone. tongue.gif

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (evilsugar25 @ Mar 9 2011, 08:57 PM)
from Rush Spotlight 1990.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/evilsugar25/pert.jpg

sigh. really?

I don't get it they spelled Neil right !

snowdog2112, add me to the list of appreciative viewers. Thank you for sharing the videos!

I'm really enjoying watching them smile.gif

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Mar 19 2011, 07:53 PM)
snowdog2112, add me to the list of appreciative viewers.  Thank you for sharing the videos!
I'm really enjoying watching them smile.gif

Glad you're enjoying them! smile.gif

Ok, I hadn't put this up yet because for some reason I thought it was already on youtube but if it is/was I can't find it now. If I missed it let me know and I'll take mine down. There is a roughly 9 minute clip from The Story of Rush documentary there now but I can't find the whole thing so I'll go ahead and add it in several parts. A lot of you may have already seen the whole thing but for those who haven't you should really enjoy it. It was done in 2002 when VT was new. A nice companion doc to Beyond the Lighted Stage, especially since there's a lot of rare live footage here that's not in BTLS. I hope there is at least someone here who has not seen it yet so it's a worthwhile upload. You'll see a lot of additional footage from the 2002 interview with Alex and Geddy that's on the R30 dvd among other things.

Here's The Story of Rush part 1:

Crap, more technical problems. The audio is lagging and gets worse as it goes on. The second clip I just cut was even worse. Let me figure it out and get back to you guys.

Edited by snowdog2112

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 20 2011, 11:22 AM)
I hope there is at least someone here who has not seen it yet so it's a worthwhile upload.

That would be me! Thank you! No problems with the audio here, so I'm guessing all is fixed. smile.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Mar 20 2011, 04:51 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 20 2011, 11:22 AM)
I hope there is at least someone here who has not seen it yet so it's a worthwhile upload.

That would be me! Thank you! No problems with the audio here, so I'm guessing all is fixed. smile.gif

Well, no. The audio works but it's slightly out of sync with the video and gets worse as it goes on. It's still not a big deal on the video I've already uploaded but when I did the second one it was totally off. Trust me, it was terribly annoying. I'll figure it out and get the rest posted as soon as I can.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Mar 20 2011, 10:36 PM)
Ah, I'd forgotten what a good piece The Story of Rush is. Haven't seen it in a long time. Very nice!

Yeah, I think it's really good. I'm glad it's new to some people here. smile.gif

Here's part 3:

Part 5:

Part 1 is bothering me so I'm going to replace it soon. The audio lags and even the video came out worse than the others. Anyway, hope you guys liked the show! smile.gif

I'll do more soon.

Edited by snowdog2112

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Mar 27 2011, 06:07 PM)
QUOTE (evilsugar25 @ Mar 24 2011, 09:20 PM)
Rush on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, 1974

Wow, they just killed on this more and more as it went along, especially Geddy's voice! And I like his dangly earring wink.gif

Oh, and congrats on your title, snowdog2112! bncegrn.gif

My title?

Did I win something? wacko.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 27 2011, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Mar 27 2011, 06:07 PM)
QUOTE (evilsugar25 @ Mar 24 2011, 09:20 PM)
Rush on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, 1974

Wow, they just killed on this more and more as it went along, especially Geddy's voice! And I like his dangly earring wink.gif

Oh, and congrats on your title, snowdog2112! bncegrn.gif

My title?

Did I win something? wacko.gif

No, just the title of Rush video archiver.

trink39.gif Congrats dude! trink39.gif

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 27 2011, 07:37 PM)
[/quote]
My title?

Did I win something? wacko.gif [/quote]
No, just the title of Rush video archiver.

trink39.gif Congrats dude! trink39.gif

Yeah, if you'll notice, most folks have a title that matches their level (like "The Professor" on mine). Once you distinguish yourself for something on the board, the mods give you a unique title ("Rush Video Archiver") in your case. There's also more than likely a congrats thread in Random Samples, too, but I haven't been over there tonight yet!