Good Wallpaper Creator?

HowItIs

I've been trying for two days to find a good wallpaper creator program. I tried Wallpaper Maker Lite and Picasa but they don't do what I want. I wish to make collage-style wallpaper and multiple picture wallpaper. Any leads?

Thanks in advance. biggrin.gif

There's no substitute for good ol'-fashioned... sitting on your butt for two hours, slaving away at Adobe Photoshop. wink.gif

Not sure exactly what you need but this website (Photovisi) seems to have several options for wallpaper templates. It doesn't require any download as far as I can see, maybe registration for some of the templates.. Looks like it's just drag-and-drop from your photo files and hit "download" and it'll give you a JPG (or PNG, I'm not sure... but I'm willing to bet it'd give you a JPG).

Edited by CMWriter

Thanks, CM. I'll give that a try! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The Lost Xanadu @ Jan 12 2011, 09:23 PM)
http://www.photovisi.com/

^This is the site I use to make my lovely collages biggrin.gif

THAT'S how you make those!

And here I was thinking you slaved away at Photoshop (or whatever your program of choice is), resizing and cropping and making those neeeeat little boxes. x3

I really like your collages though. I might have to check that site out for my lazy days.

(I want to make another LOL Rush Wallpaper because I've run across some good photos.)

(No, I did not shamelessly advertise my pitiful attempt at a collage wallpaper. Why would I do that?)

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 12 2011, 11:39 PM)

^This is the site I use to make my lovely collages  biggrin.gif

And here I was thinking you slaved away at Photoshop (or whatever your program of choice is), resizing and cropping and making those neeeeat little boxes. x3

I really like your collages though. I might have to check that site out for my lazy days.

(I want to make another LOL Rush Wallpaper because I've run across some good photos.)

(No, I did not shamelessly advertise my pitiful attempt at a collage wallpaper. Why would I do that?)

Ah yes, my secret is revealed! laugh.gif

I'm sure I could still do it the photoshop way but that would be waaay too tedious and annoying and I'd probably want to throw my computer out the window. This site makes it 10x easier because the pictures are precut...it can still be a bit tedious especially when I have to figure out what photos to use and rearrange and such but it takes out that extra step.

Glad you like my work biggrin.gif

I really like your collage btw!

(Where did you get the picture of Ged leaning against Alex and his feet propped on Neil? Thats a cute one heart.gif)

QUOTE (ForceTen @ Jan 12 2011, 08:21 PM)
http://gimp.org

Not sure if that's what you're looking for. But, it's very similar to Photoshop.

I second that recommendation. biggrin.gif

Oooo.. thanks for all the suggestions. I love all the wallpapers I've found here (those Lerxst ones are wub.gif )

As soon as I get one done, I will definitely share... but over in the NWW area, eh? wink.gif

Well, this is my first attempt at a 2.gif Wallpaper. Feel free to grab it if you like...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/Rush/Rush-1.jpg

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 13 2011, 06:42 PM)
I -- I don't remember. ;-;
But if I do happen upon it I'll send ya the link.
I got probably 90% of those picture from TRF, mainly from the "Rush Captions" thread.
The others I found in various albums around teh internetz and just through Google Images.

Thats cools but if you happen to come across it, let me know! biggrin.gif

HowItIs, love you collage! Very good for a first try. That site is amazing once you get a handle on it new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 12 2011, 11:39 PM)

^This is the site I use to make my lovely collages  biggrin.gif

I love how you got the 2.gif logo to fade like that. I wish I had the time (and talent) to make something like that out of concert photos.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Jan 30 2011, 12:53 PM)
I love how you got the 2.gif logo to fade like that. I wish I had the time (and talent) to make something like that out of concert photos.

Ha, thanks. If you have Photoshop or something similar, it's just a matter of trimming away the excess on the image and reducing the opacity of the layer. It's actually a lot of fun once you get a handle on all the tools and can remember where to find everything.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 30 2011, 03:27 PM)

Ha, thanks. If you have Photoshop or something similar, it's just a matter of trimming away the excess on the image and reducing the opacity of the layer. It's actually a lot of fun once you get a handle on all the tools and can remember where to find everything.

Cool. Maybe you can send me the layer posted by itself (if you still have it) so I can make one with paint.net?

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Jan 30 2011, 02:41 PM)

Cool. Maybe you can send me the layer posted by itself (if you still have it) so I can make one with paint.net?

You just want the image itself, or at a certain opacity, or what? o-o

I don't quite get exactly what you're asking of me.

(Little tired today, sorry.)

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 30 2011, 04:35 PM)

Either one is fine, but if you still have the opaque one I'll take it.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Jan 31 2011, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 30 2011, 04:35 PM)

Either one is fine, but if you still have the opaque one I'll take it.

Oh, okay, now I see what you mean.

I'll send it to you via PM or something.. Probably as a PNG file (I hate JPEGs with a burning passion).