Alterations to the Time Machine Setlist

That One Guy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jan 17 2011, 06:27 PM)
Still, I do not wish any changes to occur for this leg.

You got your wish according to RIAB. I'm sure the complainers here (and I am one of them) are not surprised to hear that there will be no changes for the second leg of the Time Machine Tour. I am glad to hear this now so I don't need to bother getting a ticket.

Alex said today in an interview for Planet Rock that nowt is changing in 2011 regards the set list. Not sure if that's for the European or UK dates (its a UK station) or for all 2011 tour dates.

I don't mind I have a first show to attend. biggrin.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Apollo @ Feb 2 2011, 12:04 PM)

You got your wish according to RIAB. I'm sure the complainers here (and I am one of them) are not surprised to hear that there will be no changes for the second leg of the Time Machine Tour. I am glad to hear this now so I don't need to bother getting a ticket.

This has already been confirmed?! wasnt aware. well, looks like im not going to the 2nd leg for sure now.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Feb 2 2011, 12:43 PM)

This has already been confirmed?! wasnt aware. well, looks like im not going to the 2nd leg for sure now.

http://rushisaband.com/display.php?id=2459

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Feb 2 2011, 12:51 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Feb 2 2011, 12:43 PM)

http://rushisaband.com/display.php?id=2459

Thanks... listening to the interview now.

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Jan 12 2011, 05:56 PM)
QUOTE (GuitarPlyr01 @ Jan 12 2011, 10:32 AM)
I'll be realistic about it based on what they've done in the past:

0.000000000000000000000000000000000000 changes will be made.

Fixed that for you there...

Pffffffft....

Didn't even need Alex or rushisaband or anything.

Math is not that hard you guys, but you are cute for hoping for the impossible. Like little kids' pie in the sky kind of stuff almost...

awwwww wub.gif

Quite alright with me. A couple of changes might have been nice, but this will be my son's first concert and I'm pretty sure he'll be happy with this set. I also have another Rush virgin going, as well as another friend who hasn't seen them since the T4E tour. It's all good.

i didn't attend the first leg and with being forced to attend the second leg i held out some hope they were going to make changes. that was until i read the news. sad.gif

Dosen't bother me in the slightest. I would have bet the ranch that there were going to be zero changes.

All I really care about is seeing Rush. If they don't swap out a song here and there or don't play a certain song from Permanent Waves, it dosen't even enter in my decision to go see the concert.

Edited by Mr. Krinkle

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Feb 2 2011, 05:09 PM)
Dosen't bother me in the slightest. I would have bet the ranch that there were going to be zero changes.

All I really care about is seeing Rush. If they don't swap out a song here and there or don't play a certain song from Permanent Waves, it dosen't even enter in my decision to go see the concert.

Ditto. goodpost.gif

I'm gonna remain hopeful that they'll change that. Come on, have they ever ever done a two leg tour swapping out ZERO songs between legs?

Either way, I'm gonna VEGAS it up June 24th.

I doubt that zero songs will get changed. As we've seen from Clockwork Angels, they are always open to changing they're minds. They never even played Jacob's Ladder. I would think it would bore them to change absolutely no songs. And they've never kept the setlist twice.

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Feb 5 2011, 02:36 PM)
I doubt that zero songs will get changed. As we've seen from Clockwork Angels, they are always open to changing they're minds. They never even played Jacob's Ladder. I would think it would bore them to change absolutely no songs. And they've never kept the setlist twice.

i hope you're right by 6 songs. tongue.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 5 2011, 03:08 PM)
QUOTE (That One Guy @ Feb 5 2011, 02:36 PM)

i hope you're right by 6 songs. tongue.gif

I hope so. This would be their first ever 2nd leg of a tour with ZERO changes if they follow through with that. I say variety is the spice of RUSH.

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Feb 2 2011, 03:20 PM)
One can only hope the actual Clockwork Angels tour has a really different set

yes.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 7 2011, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 7 2011, 07:11 PM)

yes.gif

alex is already saying there's going to be a total revamp. sarcasm.gif

Yep, just like they were doing Jacobs Ladder this tour

yes.gif

there better be!

I'm not disappointed, as I'm pretty sure that one of the reasons the set-list remains unchanged is that most of the cities on this upcoming leg are cities that weren't on the last leg of the tour. I think those cities ( especially Europe ) deserve to see the same show that the rest of us have been fortunate enough to see.

For the upcoming leg, I think there are maybe only 3 cities/venue's that they're returning to... ( Chicago, LA, and Vegas ). Maybe a few others?

I say we cut the boys some slack. I for one am grateful for the opportunity to go see them again.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 7 2011, 07:21 PM)

yes.gif

Yep, just like they were doing Jacobs Ladder this tour

I think we need to be a little bit more fair to Alex for that quote. At that point in time, we had no idea they were playing Moving Pictures in its entirety. That was announced later. I think playing that whole album alone makes up for not playing Jacob's Ladder.

Still wouldn't mind it in the setlist though. Awesome song.