Pink Floyd not dead

Moonraker

Dear Nick, Rick and Dave,

Get your arses into the studio. Immediately, if not sooner.

Thank you,

GhostGirl, Devoted and Impatient Floyd Fan biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 25 2005, 09:40 PM)

Thank you,

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

The Queen Bee has spoken. I bow to you, oh great one!!! tongue.gif

cool.gif

It's not enough just to stand and stare

Is it only a dream that there'll be

No more turning away?

More Pink Floyd is the better way!!

Thanks Moonraker, great article..

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition

There's a hunger still unsatisfied

Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon

Though down this road we've been so many times

You can have anything you want

You can drift, you can dream, even walk on water

Anything you want...

It's great revisiting Division Bell...

The rain fell slow

down on all the roofs of uncertainty

I thought of you

and the years and all the sadness fell away from me

And did you know...... (did you know, did you know, did you know...)

My favorite from The Division Bell. Isn't it sad to realize it's been ten years since they released a new album? Although it was eight years between "Lapse" and "Division Bell"

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 26 2005, 03:40 AM)

Thank you,

Hell, let's be really ambitious -

Hey Roger, fancy meeting up with some old pals!! old.gif

(Rick, put down that baseball ba...............Hello, 911.....)

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 25 2005, 07:40 PM)

Thank you,

laugh.gif

Heh personally, I would think it would be more likely that Roger Waters would put out a new album or if nothing else go back out on tour before PF does, but if they do that would be incredible. I would really like to see Waters as well, but they are all acting like little children, not even talking to each other.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Apr 26 2005, 09:22 AM)
Heh personally, I would think it would be more likely that Roger Waters would put out a new album or if nothing else go back out on tour before PF does, but if they do that would be incredible.  I would really like to see Waters as well, but they are all acting like little children, not even talking to each other.

I know I'm a bit prejudiced Dave Gilmour-wise, but from everything I've read (no, I don't remember WHERE smile.gif) David tried to reconcile with Rog on a few separate occasions and was told, in no uncertain terms, that Rog wasn't interested. So HE'S the kid, IMO.

So I open my door to my enemies

And I ask could we wipe the slate clean

but they tell me to please go f*** myself

You know you just can't win

(Lyrics by Gilmour and Samson)

sad.gif

I have the Roger Waters In The Flesh DVD, and on it he talks about how he wishes a certain person or certain group of people (cant remember the exact line off hand, will have to watch it again) were here after he finishes singing "Wish You Were Here". That was filmed and recorded sometime in the early 2000's for his In The Flesh tour. I know he is still making music though, late last year he released a couple singles on his website of Leaving Beirut and To Kill The Child (neither of which appeared on any kind of recording to the best of my knowledge, or if they did maybe as singles in Japan). He still has the creative edge, I wish he would do something for his fans with it. Amused to Death was beyond words, better then DSOTM and The Wall IMO.

I just wanna see one of these guys before they end up dying, either PF with Gilmour or Roger Waters. It might be asking too much to want to see them on the same stage.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Apr 26 2005, 11:35 AM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Apr 26 2005, 08:33 AM)
QUOTE (Deb @ Apr 26 2005, 02:08 PM)
Ahhhh David Gilmour... what an amazing voice.  smile.gif

and guitar work

Mmhmm, easily my favorite guitar player. Period.

His voice is soothing and sexy and pure. I love to hear him sing. On his "David Gilmour in Concert" DVD from 2002 (I think) he sang "Je Crois de Entendre" from Bizet's "The Pearl Fishers" and it was one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard. Not even mentioning the quality his voice lent to Floyd music...

And his guitar work...I agree with Moon, he is my favorite guitarist of all time. The economy of notes, the FEELING with which he plays them...he is the ONLY guitarist who gives me chills when he plays, not to mention certain other feelings that shall remain nameless. wink.gif

I was lucky enough to see Pink Floyd on May 1, 1995 (the night before my organic chemistry final smile.gif) ...and it was one of the most absolutely amazing experiences of my life.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 26 2005, 12:05 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Apr 26 2005, 11:35 AM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Apr 26 2005, 08:33 AM)
QUOTE (Deb @ Apr 26 2005, 02:08 PM)
Ahhhh David Gilmour... what an amazing voice.  smile.gif

and guitar work

Mmhmm, easily my favorite guitar player. Period.

His voice is soothing and sexy and pure. I love to hear him sing. On his "David Gilmour in Concert" DVD from 2002 (I think) he sang "Je Crois de Entendre" from Bizet's "The Pearl Fishers" and it was one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard. Not even mentioning the quality his voice lent to Floyd music...

And his guitar work...I agree with Moon, he is my favorite guitarist of all time. The economy of notes, the FEELING with which he plays them...he is the ONLY guitarist who gives me chills when he plays, not to mention certain other feelings that shall remain nameless. wink.gif

I was lucky enough to see Pink Floyd on May 1, 1995 (the night before my organic chemistry final smile.gif) ...and it was one of the most absolutely amazing experiences of my life.

Organic chemistry and Pink Floyd two of my favourite things - seriously! Although my chemistry is a bit rusty now.

Oh, my chemistry is pure rust. biggrin.gif The last time I used anything resembling chemistry was when I measured out ingredients for a recipe.

rofl3.gif

I can't wait for another album. I hope it comes. AH and just as I am typing this... Welcome To The Machine just came on. WOOO HOOOOO.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 26 2005, 05:57 PM)
I would love to see PF get back together...but only with Waters.

Guys, you're all 60 years old now. Please donlt let money matters from 25 years ago get in the way of giving us fans a good time.

Not about money...it's about control of the music (as far as recording goes)

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 26 2005, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 26 2005, 05:57 PM)
I would love to see PF get back together...but only with Waters.

Guys, you're all 60 years old now. Please donlt let money matters from 25 years ago get in the way of giving us fans a good time.

Not about money...it's about control of the music (as far as recording goes)

Still...it was 25 years ago. I don't even care if they make a new album or not...I just want a tour.

In my view, Gilmour on his own is good, but a bit boring, Waters on his own is good, but tends to disappear up his own bum.

Together, they bring out the best in each other IMO

The chances of a reunion are slim to say the least, but Jeez, a new Floyd album with Roger and Dave together ohmy.gif yes.gif ........whatever the hopeless may say!!!!!!

A couple new things in Nick Mason and Roger Waters news.

According to http://www.rogerwatersontour.com/main.htm

Roger Waters spotted in vicinity of Nick Mason's New York book signings event on 19 April. (See right) It was later confimed that they had dinner together. Nick Mason has also confirmed that he will be attending the Cream reunion with Roger

---

Also more news in Roger Water's decade long work of an opera called "Ca Ira", taken from this Rolling Stone article

Former Pink Floyd leader Roger Waters has completed Ca Ira, his long-awaited opera. After a decade of work on the project, Waters reports that "it's done and delivered" and should be available as a double-CD through Sony Classical this fall.....

Archived