What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Yesterday's catch :-)

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/jbugboogie/63c5e3b9d29ade4f7c310bf6f89051b7.jpg

• Like 1

My oldest got to pick what was for dinner so we're eating individual, customized pizzas tonight. He likes to make a pepperoni smiley face pizza, the youngest will just eat cheese pizza, the husband is full-on pepperoni and I am going for green pepper, mushroom and onion.
  • Like 1

Pork chops with sautéed peaches in a peach nectar/whiskey sauce. Mashed potatoes and some other vegetable or something. I'll work on that later.

Sounds better than sex!! :LOL: :P

Got the recipe?

Much like sex, I just kind of wing it and hope for the best! :LOL: Haven't made it yet but I'm planning on searing the chops on each side, removing them from the pan (on a plate and covering with a layer of foil to keep the chops warm) and then pour in some peach nectar (found at the grocery store - picked it up because I though it sounded like heaven), pour in a touch of whiskey and use the reserved pan drippings to make into a nice reduced sauce to drizzle over the chops. We'll see how it turns out.

Mashed taters are mashed taters but they are a hit in the household. My secret: lots of salt, LOTS of butter, tons of cream cheese and a decent dose of heavy whipping cream.

DO NOT BE ON A DIET WHEN YOU COME TO MY HOUSE FOR FOOD.

Edited by Janie
  • Like 1

Pork chops with sautéed peaches in a peach nectar/whiskey sauce. Mashed potatoes and some other vegetable or something. I'll work on that later.

Sounds better than sex!! :LOL: :P

Got the recipe?

Much like sex, I just kind of wing it and hope for the best! :LOL: Haven't made it yet but I'm planning on searing the chops on each side, removing them from the pan (on a plate and covering with a layer of foil to keep the chops warm) and then pour in some peach nectar (found at the grocery store - picked it up because I though it sounded like heaven), pour in a touch of whiskey and use the reserved pan drippings to make into a nice reduced sauce to drizzle over the chops. We'll see how it turns out.

Mashed taters are mashed taters but they are a hit in the household. My secret: lots of salt, LOTS of butter, tons of cream cheese and a decent dose of heavy whipping cream.

DO NOT BE ON A DIET WHEN YOU COME TO MY HOUSE FOR FOOD.

Thanks,

I know the tater thing. Haven't had pork chops in while. I will give it a try this weekend. :cheers:

I'm going to try to clone something the wife picked up from watching Road Trip with G Garvin:

Pork chops, marinated in a mix of Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, Italian salad dresing and minced garlic . Grilled, then finshed with a glaze made from maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and brown sugar, mixed together and cooked, then finished with chopped pecans. Served with mashed butternut squash and a salad.