What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Janie, that sounds amazing… simple is always better. Love, love, love salmon. We catch them fresh from Lake Superior. Chinook salmon… SO good.

Everything turned out sooo good. My oldest loves salmon. He's only 7 but he gets his own fillet, scarfed that down and was begging for more so he got half of mine. I feel blessed to be able to get good salmon here.
  • Like 1

Taco Bell! Lol

Had a crunchwrap supreme, and shared a cheesy potato burrito with Lucy (she ended up with most of it!)

I LOVE TACO BELL :D

Deep fried veg spring rolls, deep fried tofu and steamed white jasmine rice with extra plum sauce :clap: :ebert:
  • Like 1

I shall be broiling some salmon fillets glazed in a homemade honey mustard (made with raw honey and dijon). That will be on a bed of wild rice with a spinach and marinated artichoke heart salad on the side. ;)

Dominos pizza delivered. Been a while and it was a treat. The usual for me back in my overweight days. Large, thin crust, pepperoni and ham. I will walk and run it off tomorrow.... :)

I was all by my widdle lonesome, so I stopped at a bar and grill joint by myself for chicken strips and sauteed veggies. And a top shelf margarita on the rocks.

Sometimes I just want simple, y'know?

• Like 1

1978855_10203892612063535_2368214715674732801_n.jpg

So you went out to eat?.... :)

I thought the horrible dated countertop in the background would show that I was in my cheap apartment. No, I makes it all myself!

• Like 1

I was all by my widdle lonesome, so I stopped at a bar and grill joint by myself for chicken strips and sauteed veggies. And a top shelf margarita on the rocks.

Sometimes I just want simple, y'know?

Sometimes simple is awesome! I met a friend from out of town at a Mexican restaurant last Friday, and all I wanted was a bloody mary and a bowl of their chicken tortilla soup. They make it like it should be; with a chicken broth base instead of a tomato base. It was awesome. It's the little things in life, ya know?

I thought the horrible dated countertop in the background would show that I was in my cheap apartment. No, I makes it all myself!

I thought maybe there was some old school place in town with great cheap food like most towns have. Looks like a pro made that..... Yummo :)

I thought maybe there was some old school place in town with great cheap food like most towns have. Looks like a pro made that..... Yummo :)

Nope, just me. I fancy myself a foodie of sorts, but only when it suits me ;)

For Easter dinner tonight:

Baked ham- a smoked ham which is injected with a cooked and cooled marinade of Vernor's Ginger ale, honey, brown sugar, freshly ground cloves, and black pepper. at the end of cooking a glaze of honey,brown sugar, butter and a dash of Vernor will be poured over the ham and baked on.

To be served with sweet potatoes, butternut squash, fresh green beans, and Pilsbury Crescent Rolls.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

Steak and taters because that's what we have and I'm too lazy to go to the grocery store.

I strayed away from Raw tonight... just a lil bit :blush:

I made vermicelli noodles with cilantro, green peppers, green onions, bean sprouts, carrots, peanuts and a homemade peanut sattay sauce.

Came out pretty damn good!

:)

• Like 2

I think I'm going to go get some miso, some green onion and tofu and have that for dinner tonight. My son will be having home made stir-fry chicken with noodles. I'm on a no-meat rotation right now. Any excuse I can make to go get some miso, right? :)