What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Ordered and picked up a "medium meat lovers" pizza from a local restaurant. Felt awful heavy when I picked it up, didn't realize why until I got it home. Jeez, that thing was LOADED, piled with pepperoni, sausage, ham, bacon and sliced meatballs. I barely got through 3 1/2 pieces; Rocky got half a slice, and the rest was bagged for the fridge. Ooh, I'm stuffed! Immediately wrote and posted a review on Yelp, 5 stars!
  • Like 1

Potato soup, grilled cheese, potato salad and some type of macaroni salad

Potato soup... :drool:

I love it! I put some shredded cheese on top. It was delicious. I didn't care it was 103 out. I had a craving for it, and I made it.

• Like 1

I love it! I put some shredded cheese on top. It was delicious. I didn't care it was 103 out. I had a craving for it, and I made it.

Ouch, I don't know about cheese. :unsure:

Ouch, I don't know about cheese. :unsure:

It's a nice touch. Cheddar cheese. Try it. You might find you like it.

• Like 1

Prime ribeye off the grill, mixed veggies, Cabrese salad, and a large glass of orange juice WITH pulp.

Two Chips Ahoy!™ cookies afterwards.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

• Like 1

I made gumbo for a get together last night. Cajun-grilled chicken, shrimp, fish and spicy sausage were on the side with the rice so folks could build their own dish.

It turned out great and got us in the mood for the last of the summer concerts, which featured a Cajun-influenced band. :)

Sister, B-i-L, and niece picked me up at hotel, we went to a family style restaurant serving Polish dishes. Dill soup, pierogi, golabki, fresh and smoked kielbasa, "city chicken" (skewered veal and pork, seared and stewed) potatoes, kraut etc.

A great couple of hours eating and conversing. Headed to Downtown Detroit tomorrow, going to Mexican Town to chow again.

• Like 2