What's For Dinner?

The Owl

The other night I seared some shrimp that had marinated in lemon, chili powder, garlic/onion salt. I served it on a bed of spaghetti with a little pesto and it was great. The Lad enjoyed it.

How long did you marinate it? I didn't know you could marinate anything without liquid unless you used a lot of lemon. How much lemon did you use, and did you use a real lemon or that phony RealLemon?

I used the phony stuff, which was all I had. It didn't sit long...maybe an hour. Shrimp doesn't need much. The shrimp created plenty of it's own liquid as it sat. I just stirred it every ten minutes or so.

How much did you use of the seasonings and lemon?

Pasties, ordered from da U.P. ya sure you betcha.

Pre-game, crackers and a smoked marlin spread from a local seafood and poultry market.

Edited by pjbear05

Today, we enjoy the fruits of our preparation from yesterday:

Pregame:

Chili-Cheese potato skins

Mini-pigs in a blanket

Gaucamole and chips

Siracha Deviled Eggs w/bacon garnish

Dinner:

Fettucini Alfredo

Ribs

Salad

Sauteed Chickpeas in a wine/garlic reduction sauce

French Bread

Tomato soup, followed by golabki :atickhum: ( rice and meat covered in cabbage...that's for the spelling check people )

My mother used to make golabki a lot. I've made it a few times myself. It's delicious.

Sounds like a lazy man's cabbage rolls, which I love. :)

I'm having some leftover jambalaya. Spicy! :dweez:

• Like 2

Chinese food tonight. Wuhan bat, cooked medium rare.

this thread reminded me that i have chicken thawing in the fridge that i need to marinate

Vegetable soup, not very good :boo hiss: (note to wife) and meatballs (surprisingly delicious) :ebert:

Edit, we found out what the problem was. Too much barley in the soup. Made it taste bad. To be continued...
  • Like 1

Mushroom soup coming up (no barley, I hope) Followed by TBD. :ph34r:

Update: My wife doesn't have a taste for Indian Vegetable Tikka Masala she bought, and since it's an eight pack box, the garbage disposal, her husband, will have to eat it. Thank God the mushroom soup is great.

Tomato soup, followed by golabki :atickhum: ( rice and meat covered in cabbage...that's for the spelling check people )

I'm Polish and both Grandma's made golabki. I love them. I've made them before, but not for a long time. I have to make those again!

I did make Haluski as a side dish for Easter....sooooo good!

• Like 1

Ground sirloin sliders. A little salt, black pepper, and onion powder mixed into the meat before cooking, some sharp American cheese, some dill pickle slices. Yeah, baby.
  • Like 1