Jump to content


What's For Dinner?


  • Please log in to reply
2316 replies to this topic

#2121 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 26056 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:56 PM

View Postgoose, on 29 September 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

View Postinvisible airwave, on 28 September 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

A reuben sandwich at Jersey Mikes in the way to the movie theater
As in, there was a huge Reuben sandwich blocking the entrance to the theater and you had to eat your way in?  Sounds delicious AND fun!

Nope, I’m a quick eater and walked a block to the theater. I did sneak some pad Thai in that same theater over a decade ago one time.

Lasagna and garlic bread

Sponsored Post

#2122 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 76380 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:47 PM

Thai chili chicken pizza. :)

#2123 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 51334 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:00 PM

Yesterday's leftovers - Brussel sprouts, stuffing, chicken.

#2124 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 51334 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 05 December 2019 - 08:02 PM

Ginger molasses cookie and a cup of peppermint tea

#2125 pjbear05

pjbear05

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3886 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 06 December 2019 - 03:02 PM

Karen mentioned that it's been a while since I made my (New) Mexican Pizza. I had crust components, so I picked up the meat, chilies, cheese, and sauce earlier in the week.  That and some cold Shiners.

#2126 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 51334 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:14 PM

I had lunch with my husband at the rehab - cod, fried potatoes with onions, peas and a half a slice of whole wheat bread with a smear of butter.

It was delicious.  The first decent meal (outside of fast food) that I had that I didn't have to cook.

#2127 That One Guy

That One Guy

    Straight Outta Sunnyvale

  • Members *
  • 30987 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Utah
  • Interests:Hiking, guitar, camping, recreational driving, reading, companionship, travel, the occasional videogame

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:20 AM

Treated myself to some smoked salmon and fancy cheese at Costco--had those on ritz crackers for a simple, tasty snack-like dinner

#2128 That One Guy

That One Guy

    Straight Outta Sunnyvale

  • Members *
  • 30987 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Utah
  • Interests:Hiking, guitar, camping, recreational driving, reading, companionship, travel, the occasional videogame

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:21 AM

Work is treated us to an ~$80 seafood buffet Thursday to function as our Christmas party.... I'll have to remember to comment on how that goes :D

#2129 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 76380 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:58 PM

View PostThat One Guy, on 09 December 2019 - 12:21 AM, said:

Work is treated us to an ~$80 seafood buffet Thursday to function as our Christmas party.... I'll have to remember to comment on how that goes :D
I'd be down with that for sure!

#2130 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 51334 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 31 December 2019 - 08:25 PM

I had red beans and rice and a salad.  It sure was good, but boy am I paying the price for it now.

#2131 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 76380 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 02 January 2020 - 10:06 PM

View PostLorraine, on 31 December 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

I had red beans and rice and a salad.  It sure was good, but boy am I paying the price for it now.
:lol:

#2132 pjbear05

pjbear05

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3886 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 08 January 2020 - 03:32 PM

Elbow Macaroni and Tuna Salad, with celery, Miracle Whip, herbs, and spices. Just finished putting together, need to let chill and have everything blend.

#2133 Hunted Witch

Hunted Witch

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 126 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawaii
  • Interests:Comics, movies, science fiction, horror, fantasy, fashion, travel, true crime, cooking, cartoons, cats

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:59 PM

Homemade BRC burrito.

#2134 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

    Commit to the Indian

  • Members *
  • 27166 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:14 PM

Chicken soup, followed by Lazanki. :drool:  Look up that dish. It's not known in North America, but if you put all the ingredients in, you won't be disappointed.

#2135 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 51334 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:17 PM

View Postpjbear05, on 08 January 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:

Elbow Macaroni and Tuna Salad, with celery, Miracle Whip, herbs, and spices. Just finished putting together, need to let chill and have everything blend.

What herbs and spices do you toss in?  And, how long do you let it chill?  Overnight or a few hours?

#2136 pjbear05

pjbear05

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3886 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:18 PM

Dat Fedex package outta Pasty Central from up dere in da U.P. arrived.  4 big Cornish style beef pasties.  2 in da freezer and 2 in da oven.  Dat an a cold beer make a damn good dinner, ya sure you betcha.

#2137 pjbear05

pjbear05

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3886 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:48 PM

View PostLorraine, on 14 January 2020 - 11:17 PM, said:

View Postpjbear05, on 08 January 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:

Elbow Macaroni and Tuna Salad, with celery, Miracle Whip, herbs, and spices. Just finished putting together, need to let chill and have everything blend.

What herbs and spices do you toss in?  And, how long do you let it chill?  Overnight or a few hours?
Chopped celery, tarragon, dill, onion powder.  Chill at least 3-4 hours to let everything blend.

#2138 pjbear05

pjbear05

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3886 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:54 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 14 January 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

Chicken soup, followed by Lazanki. :drool:  Look up that dish. It's not known in North America, but if you put all the ingredients in, you won't be disappointed.
laznaki and kapusta!    Some pierogis and kruschiki too.  You must have some Polish or Slavic in you.

#2139 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

    Commit to the Indian

  • Members *
  • 27166 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:31 PM

View Postpjbear05, on 15 January 2020 - 04:54 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 14 January 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

Chicken soup, followed by Lazanki. :drool:  Look up that dish. It's not known in North America, but if you put all the ingredients in, you won't be disappointed.
laznaki and kapusta! Some pierogis and kruschiki too.  You must have some Polish or Slavic in you.
You know it, my friend. :ebert:  By kruschiki, do you mean those sugary cakes made with bread?

#2140 pjbear05

pjbear05

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3886 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:18 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 15 January 2020 - 08:31 PM, said:

View Postpjbear05, on 15 January 2020 - 04:54 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 14 January 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

Chicken soup, followed by Lazanki. :drool:  Look up that dish. It's not known in North America, but if you put all the ingredients in, you won't be disappointed.
laznaki and kapusta! Some pierogis and kruschiki too.  You must have some Polish or Slavic in you.
You know it, my friend. :ebert:  By kruschiki, do you mean those sugary cakes made with bread?
Also known as angel wings.  They're a light dough, little or no sugar in it, fried crisp like a pie crust, and covered with powdered sugar.  As a kid I used to buy them still warm  from the Palmer Bakery in Detroit, less than 100 yards from Grandma's and Mom's house. Sooooo good!




3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users