Jump to content


What's For Dinner?


  • Please log in to reply
2101 replies to this topic

#2041 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 47765 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:26 PM

Mac and cheese and salad.

No matter how I try to doctor up mac and cheese, it's still mac and cheese.  :(

Sponsored Post

#2042 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Sphere

  • Members *
  • 7758 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:10 PM

Smashburger for the first time. Going to see a free Jon Anderson concert in a big casino and that's one of the eating options.

#2043 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 677 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri USA
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:29 PM

And for us benighted folk, what is a Smashburger? Brand name thing? Kind/s of meat? Veggie substitute?

Enjoy the show!

Edited by Nova Carmina, 23 August 2019 - 05:29 PM.


#2044 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 47765 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:46 PM

View PostNova Carmina, on 23 August 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

And for us benighted folk, what is a Smashburger? Brand name thing? Kind/s of meat? Veggie substitute?

Enjoy the show!

Glad you asked because I have no idea what it is either.

#2045 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 21883 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:07 PM

Blackberry mole chicken, coconut rice and beans with corn tortilla at a Mexican place with family.

#2046 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 47765 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:23 PM

Double cheese and fries

I will eat this artery clogging food as long as I can.  :codger:   Why let good food go to waste?  :huh:

#2047 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 68659 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:51 PM

View PostLorraine, on 19 August 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 18 August 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

Another summer series concert, and another open house.  The acts were both Celtic bands (Wicked Tinkers were the headliners), so wifey made shepherds pie.  Lots of other goodies were added for a nice buffet.

Music and fellowship around the fire till just around midnight.  :)

Your life is so far removed from my own and many others.  You are so fortunate to have made intelligent decisions in your life.

It is wonderful that you and your family are able to do such things.  :)
Thanks, Lorraine...kind of you to say that.  My youth was far from perfect,  but my fortune in life since is not lost on me.


ETA:  fish tacos

Edited by goose, 25 August 2019 - 10:51 PM.


#2048 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 68659 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:52 PM

View PostLorraine, on 24 August 2019 - 06:23 PM, said:

Double cheese and fries

I will eat this artery clogging food as long as I can.  :codger:   Why let good food go to waste?  :huh:
Love me a good burger.  And a bad one, for that matter.

Now I'm dreaming of Dick's...

#2049 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 68659 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:54 PM

View Postinvisible airwave, on 23 August 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

Blackberry mole chicken, coconut rice and beans with corn tortilla at a Mexican place with family.
I LOVE mole, but have never had it with blackberries.  Sounds incredible.


I don't make mole or curry enough.

#2050 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 68659 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:55 PM

View PostLorraine, on 23 August 2019 - 05:46 PM, said:

View PostNova Carmina, on 23 August 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

And for us benighted folk, what is a Smashburger? Brand name thing? Kind/s of meat? Veggie substitute?

Enjoy the show!

Glad you asked because I have no idea what it is either.
https://smashburger.com/

chain

#2051 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 68659 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:56 PM

View PostLorraine, on 23 August 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

Mac and cheese and salad.

No matter how I try to doctor up mac and cheese, it's still mac and cheese.  :(
Do you bake it with bread crumbs on top?  That makes it nommy!

#2052 pjbear05

pjbear05

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2834 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:54 AM

Jet's pizza. Their square Detroit style is the best of the lot.

Besides, it's their 41st birthday-with the special code JETS 41, all online carry out orders are 41% off.
Hell, I'm all over that like a blind dog in a meat market!

#2053 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 47765 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:57 AM

View Postgoose, on 25 August 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 23 August 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

Mac and cheese and salad.

No matter how I try to doctor up mac and cheese, it's still mac and cheese.  :(
Do you bake it with bread crumbs on top?  That makes it nommy!

No.  What kind of bread crumbs do you use and at what temp?

Just make it as directed and pour it into a baking dish, put the bread crumbs on top, and pop it in the oven?

#2054 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 47765 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:58 AM

View Postgoose, on 25 August 2019 - 10:51 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 19 August 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 18 August 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

Another summer series concert, and another open house.  The acts were both Celtic bands (Wicked Tinkers were the headliners), so wifey made shepherds pie.  Lots of other goodies were added for a nice buffet.

Music and fellowship around the fire till just around midnight.  :)

Your life is so far removed from my own and many others.  You are so fortunate to have made intelligent decisions in your life.

It is wonderful that you and your family are able to do such things.  :)
Thanks, Lorraine...kind of you to say that.  My youth was far from perfect,  but my fortune in life since is not lost on me.


ETA:  fish tacos

Take it from me - you are very fortunate.  You can't ever be too grateful for how things turned out for you.

#2055 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 677 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri USA
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 26 August 2019 - 05:54 PM

Tacos

#2056 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 47765 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:44 PM

Chicken and rice and salad

Boring, but good.  :)

One of the best parts is scraping the pan when it's done and eating those greasy browned parts.  :lol:

Edited by Lorraine, 26 August 2019 - 07:05 PM.


#2057 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 68659 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:07 AM

View PostLorraine, on 26 August 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 25 August 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 23 August 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

Mac and cheese and salad.

No matter how I try to doctor up mac and cheese, it's still mac and cheese.  :(
Do you bake it with bread crumbs on top?  That makes it nommy!

No.  What kind of bread crumbs do you use and at what temp?

Just make it as directed and pour it into a baking dish, put the bread crumbs on top, and pop it in the oven?
Yeah, pretty much.  You could doll it up with extra cheese, but the baking with a slightly crunchy top gives it that extra something.

#2058 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 677 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri USA
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:44 PM

Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup

Crock pot; frozen chicken breasts; can of cream of chicken soup; frozen noodles (Reames is a brand name); stick of butter

In the morning, put the chicken in first, add the soup, place the stick of butter on top; cook it on low for several hours.

In the afternoon (I just did this) shred up the chicken, add in the noodles; cook on low for maybe another two hours.

Eat and enjoy!

#2059 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 47765 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:50 PM

View PostNova Carmina, on 28 August 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup

Crock pot; frozen chicken breasts; can of cream of chicken soup; frozen noodles (Reames is a brand name); stick of butter

In the morning, put the chicken in first, add the soup, place the stick of butter on top; cook it on low for several hours.

In the afternoon (I just did this) shred up the chicken, add in the noodles; cook on low for maybe another two hours.

Eat and enjoy!
Is it cold enough there for that already?  It's low nineties here today.  Too hot to cook.  Sandwich and potato salad night.

Do you add a can of water in addition to the soup or just the soup?

Edited by Lorraine, 28 August 2019 - 03:51 PM.


#2060 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 677 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri USA
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 28 August 2019 - 04:02 PM

I run a little water in the bottom of the crock pot, yes.

It's about 80 with low humidity here right now; pretty great weather. We don't really think of this as a "cold weather" meal -- but it'll be a while before we're having chili!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users