What's For Dinner?

The Owl

East-Coast donair!

http://www.foodfunk.ca/images/halifaxdonair-1.jpg

There's one place here that does them "Halifax-style". Gonna have it delivered to the office just to stink things up and drip sauce on the new photocopier.

For you it'll soon be happy Cambodian pizza time...

http://www.zmetravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/happy-pizza-cambodia.jpg

• Like 2

East-Coast donair!

There's one place here that does them "Halifax-style". Gonna have it delivered to the office just to stink things up and drip sauce on the new photocopier.

Yer darn tootin'! Speaking of which... :smoke:

• Like 1

Local German-American club is having Octoberfest, so sausages and kraut or schnitzel and spaetzle, or ?, and of course BIER. Ein, zwei, g'suffa.

Ended up with Kassler Rippchen, smoked pork chop with hot potato salad and sauerkraut, and before and after, 4 pints of beer. They had Hofbrau lager, Octoberfest, and Dunkel (dark), Dinkelacker Pils, Bud Life and Amberbock on tap.
  • Like 1

Attended a wedding at a family ranch where the food included smoked chicken, lamb chops, prime rib, and a whole hog that had been buried and slow-cooked for 24 hours.

God bless cowboys!

• Like 2

Attended a wedding at a family ranch where the food included smoked chicken, lamb chops, prime rib, and a whole hog that had been buried and slow-cooked for 24 hours.

God bless cowboys!

((Me after reading that menu)):

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/1/11136/643839-deadntwbn003_cvr_cv.jpg

All of that is excellent but the buried, 24 hour cooked whole hog is otherworldly! :yes:

• Like 1

God bless cowboys!

((Me after reading that menu)):

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/1/11136/643839-deadntwbn003_cvr_cv.jpg

All of that is excellent but the buried, 24 hour cooked whole hog is otherworldly! :yes:

:LOL:

And :yes: to the hog!

When I lived in Mexico I attended a wedding where they did a steer that way, buried and wrapped in banana leaves. Amazing! At the end folks lined up to get a scoop of brains from the skull, which was cracked open using the jawbone.

Edited by goose

Been on a kick with pre marinated meat products from Trader Joe's lately.

Tonight was pesto Genovese chicken breast. With eggplant parmigana for Karen, pasta and marinara for me.

Last week was Santa Rosa style tri-tip. Yum!

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

I made cumin/allspice/garlic lentils with sweet potato, carrot, onion, kale and cilantro. Mixed in some chopped garlic chicken for some extra protein. It was very tasty. :)
  • Like 1

Ric Flair once visited a psychologist, who was shocked to find out just how much alcohol Flair consumed.

“[The psychologist asked] ‘How much do you drink a day?’

I said, ‘I’ll drink at least 10 beers, and probably five mixed drinks.’

He said, ‘Well, how many days a week do you do that?’

I said, ‘Every day.’

He said, ‘Well, how do you mean every day?’

I said, ‘I work every day. I drink a beer in the car, I get to the hotel and I drink vodka.’

He came out of his chair and (he said), ‘You drink every day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, and you’ve been doing that for how long?’

I said, ‘Well, let me see. It’s 1989, I started in ’72, you do the math. Almost 20 years.’

He said, ‘That’s not possible.’ I said, ‘Oh yeah, it is.’

By the time I got through with that son of a [expletive], he was laying on the couch and I was on the chair talking to him.”

Ric Flair once visited a psychologist, who was shocked to find out just how much alcohol Flair consumed.

I said, ‘Every day.’

I said, ‘I work every day. I drink a beer in the car, I get to the hotel and I drink vodka.’

He came out of his chair and (he said), ‘You drink every day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, and you’ve been doing that for how long?’

I said, ‘Well, let me see. It’s 1989, I started in ’72, you do the math. Almost 20 years.’

By the time I got through with that son of a [expletive], he was laying on the couch and I was on the chair talking to him.”

Typical Flair. Best personality in the history of pro wrestling.

I said, ‘Every day.’

Typical Flair. Best personality in the history of pro wrestling.

Aye!

East-Coast donair!

i prefer my pizza without grass clippings on it.

Reheated Thanksgiving's spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage and cooked some penne pasta. Put both in a casserole, topped with slabs of fresh mozzarella, and baked to a gooey container of yum. Garlic bread, green beans and some wine. Aaaah!

Reheated Thanksgiving's spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage and cooked some penne pasta. Put both in a casserole, topped with slabs of fresh mozzarella, and baked to a gooey container of yum. Garlic bread, green beans and some wine. Aaaah!

Yum! Spaghetti for Thanksgiving...I love it!

I made my first meatloaf in probably 25 years. It was delicious, and what really set it off was the top glaze which had tomato sauce, garlic, italian seasoning, Worcestershire, and maple syrup.
  • Like 1

Chinese take out. Boy was that place busy, mostly folks like me picking up food. Two ladies ahead left with two big cardboard boxes packed full of food, one of them with 4 quarts of soup.

Downing some won ton soup now.

Chinese take out. Boy was that place busy, mostly folks like me picking up food. Two ladies ahead left with two big cardboard boxes packed full of food, one of them with 4 quarts of soup.

Downing some won ton soup now.

Nice! I had Chinese two nights ago...made a wicked garlic-infused mealoaf last night...and tonight it's lasagna.
  • Like 1