What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Karen casually mentioned Jet's pizza, and that's always a winner in the bear den. Large square with pepperoni and sausage. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

I plan on having chicken and ratatouille tonight. Probably going to cut a chicken in half, and now I'm thinking about how to season it. I have a bunch of mint and lime I might use.

I underestimated how generously you have to be when seasoning a chicken. The ratatouille was good though; made it into a risotto.

Portobello burgers with fried kale, radicchio leaves, beef patty with onions, mustard, jalapenos and one egg, topped with a poached egg on one of them. Oh and I made this most delicious lemon-mint creme for it. No bread - that's what the portobellos are for.

36255839411_99731e6c14.jpg

And then I had this for dessert (not the whole cake, just a slice). It's a banana-chocolate cake covered in chocolate and powdered sugar along with homemade praline.

35584579273_915256cda8.jpg

• Like 1

I worked with a woman from Trinidad in the seventies who used to invite me over for ratatouille. It was so good.

She had a beautiful apartment on East 72nd Street. It must cost a fortune to live there today.

Weren't a lot of apartments in the 70s rent controlled?

• Like 1

I worked with a woman from Trinidad in the seventies who used to invite me over for ratatouille. It was so good.

She had a beautiful apartment on East 72nd Street. It must cost a fortune to live there today.

Weren't a lot of apartments in the 70s rent controlled?

I think so.

Most apartments in Manhattan were affordable back then. I think it was right about 1978 that rents started to go through the roof. Back in 1977, you could still get a nice studio apartment for $250 a month. And my friend lived in the Grammercy Park area in a one bedroom and her rent was about $350 a month. You probably can't touch either one today.

Edited by Lorraine

Zucchini lasagna last night. Very good!

How did you make it? Can you make that with yellow squash? My neighbor gave me two huge yellow squash and they are just sitting in the fridge.

Yes, you can use any squash. Make it like any other lasagna, but do one of two things:

Add sliced squash alternating with regular lasagna noodles

or

Go all out and use sliced squash instead of pasta.

Slice the squash length-wise for best results.

• Like 1

Yesterday was tri-tip with a Santa Maria rub, grilled then sliced and served as a steak salad Today, fish tacos. Edited by goose

I am eating black japonica rice crisps and dipping them in egg salad, and drinking barefoot bubbly moscato spumante champagne. Why? I opened the fridge and that's what I saw. I'm too filthy and tired to cook.

I am eating black japonica rice crisps and dipping them in egg salad, and drinking barefoot bubbly moscato spumante champagne. Why? I opened the fridge and that's what I saw. I'm too filthy and tired to cook.

:LOL:

Sounds like great picnic food!