What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Prepared by the daughter: Caesar salad with a choice of grilled chicken or marinated beef short rib. Topped with homemade croutons.

Love the homemade croutons. Did you go with the chicken or beef? :hail:

going with chicken or beef...I'd go with YES :hail:

That was my choice! I had both, but the beef was better, because it came from a small Hispanic butcher shop and had that Latin flavor.

Nice!

If I had to choose (and still not knowing the Latin flavor factor), I'd go with the marinated beef rib.

• Like 2

Yesterday: Hot dogs, potato salad, cold Shiners.

Today: Baked chicken breasts topped w/ homemade barbecue sauce, corn bread, coleslaw and MORE SHINERS.

Chicken adobo, steamed rice, slices of fresh tomatoes & cucumbers (straight from an acquaintance's garden), green peas, sautéed mushrooms, some green veggie tofu J-style soup whose name escapes me at the moment.

Washing down the hearty dinner with the last can of beer in the house: Asahi Super Day. Not my favorite beer but the last beer in the house is a very welcome member to dinner.

Dessert awaits!

• Like 1

Clam chowder. I have to import it and dole it out to myself when the need gets strong enough. Cold and rainy here

Clam chowder isn't sold in Australia? If not, do you know why it isn't sold there?

They aren't big on clams here in general. Oysters are the main molluscs. Their oysters are the best and it would be a crime to fry them or put them in stew. I've new seen anything remotely resembling clam chowder. I did find after much search Campbell's chunky potato and bacon soup. If I add a can of imported clams to that it's pretty good chowder. And only New England style. I'm a Yankee by birth and don't like the tomato based stuff. It's funny what American dishes catch on here and which don't. Iced tea is a recent introduction, for example. Pulled pork has just made it on the scene.

Edited by IwillchooseFreeWill
  • Like 2

Cream of potato soup and white cheddar cheese sandwiches

Yummy,

I love potato soup!

I do too. It's delicious.

We had really hot weather a few days ago, but yesterday and today, as well as the next week, is going to be in the sixties. Today is a good day for soup. :)

• Like 1