What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Troutman, with all of the delicious food that you eat, i find it amazing that you are so thin.

It's just the way I am. I was told by a doctor years ago that it was my metabolism. Which he said was a good thing compared to a lot of people.

The exact exchange went like this didn't it?....

Physician: Mr. trout, you have the metabolism of a hyperactive 7 year old on speed. But this is a good thing compared to a lot of people.

troutman: So doc, you're saying I can eat as many tater tots as I like and as often as I like?

Physician: Well... you can probably eat them more often than most folks but I don't recomm--

troutman: ((interrupting)) HELL YEAH!!!!!!

:LOL:

Yes I can,

I eat a little at a time all day. I have and never will like a big meal. The exception is dinner. I hate filling full during the day. Drags me down. Makes me fill like sh** so I pace myself. Which is a good thing. BTW, when I make tater tots I don't eat all of them. :D

NOT coincidentally, today I checked for tater tots at the super today. Nothing! That's 3 of my nearest supermarkets that don't sell them! I bet I'd have to go to a foreign food store to get them. Scumbags!

• Like 1

Troutman, with all of the delicious food that you eat, i find it amazing that you are so thin.

It's just the way I am. I was told by a doctor years ago that it was my metabolism. Which he said was a good thing compared to a lot of people.

Physician: Mr. trout, you have the metabolism of a hyperactive 7 year old on speed. But this is a good thing compared to a lot of people.

troutman: So doc, you're saying I can eat as many tater tots as I like and as often as I like?

Physician: Well... you can probably eat them more often than most folks but I don't recomm--

Yes I can,

I eat a little at a time all day. I have and never will like a big meal. The exception is dinner. I hate filling full during the day. Drags me down. Makes me fill like sh** so I pace myself. Which is a good thing. BTW, when I make tater tots I don't eat all of them. :D

NOT coincidentally, today I checked for tater tots at the super today. Nothing! That's 3 of my nearest supermarkets that don't sell them! I bet I'd have to go to a foreign food store to get them. Scumbags!

Thats strange. They are pretty common.

Yes I can,

Not here. They peel grapes here. A tuna/egg/seaweed/mayo pizza is usual here. A PB&J sandwich is unheard of. So yeah, I'm not surprised I haven't found them.

• Like 1

Yes I can,

Not here. They peel grapes here. A tuna/egg/seaweed/mayo pizza is usual here. A PB&J sandwich is unheard of. So yeah, I'm not surprised I haven't found them.

The pizza sounds gross. :LOL:

• Like 1

Yes I can,

THAT pizza IS gross. And there are many others that are gross too. On the menu of a typical chain pizza restaurant like Pizza Hut out here there are probably 15 specialty pizza selections (Meat Lover's for example). Of those 15 maybe 5 or 6 aren't gross. And by "gross" I'm not talking about anchovies. I'm talking about the likes of which I mentioned plus something like scrambled eggs, Camembert cheese, and hot dogs on another. Not sure what the locals are thinking with most of their pizza concoctions.

• Like 1

Yes I can,

THAT pizza IS gross. And there are many others that are gross too. On the menu of a typical chain pizza restaurant like Pizza Hut out here there are probably 15 specialty pizza selections (Meat Lover's for example). Of those 15 maybe 5 or 6 aren't gross. And by "gross" I'm not talking about anchovies. I'm talking about the likes of which I mentioned plus something like scrambled eggs, Camembert cheese, and hot dogs on another. Not sure what the locals are thinking with most of their pizza concoctions.

Holy sh

Yes I can,

Holy sh**! :LOL:

• Like 1

Yes I can,

Holy sh

Yes I can,

And then, right when you think they're doing something smart by putting bacon on a pizza...they'll f**k it up by having it barely cooked! Idiots! :LOL:

I remember the first time I made my wife (then gf) some crunchy bacon at Chateau Blaze maybe 6-7 years ago. She thought I screwed it up. She said when she usually has bacon (which is very infrequently <-----"very infrequently" being a mortal sin) that it's soft and lighter in color. I remember telling her: "You've had idiots making bacon for you your entire life. Get ready for bacon paradise." Well, she ate the crunchy bacon and now (wisely) believes that the limp dick bacon served in restaurants here is wrong. :blaze:

That is my bacon story for today. :blaze:

• Like 1

Yes I can,

Holy sh

Yes I can,

And then, right when you think they're doing something smart by putting bacon on a pizza...they'll f**k it up by having it barely cooked! Idiots! :LOL:

I remember the first time I made my wife (then gf) some crunchy bacon at Chateau Blaze maybe 6-7 years ago. She thought I screwed it up. She said when she usually has bacon (which is very infrequently <-----"very infrequently" being a mortal sin) that it's soft and lighter in color. I remember telling her: "You've had idiots making bacon for you your entire life. Get ready for bacon paradise." Well, she ate the crunchy bacon and now (wisely) believes that the limp dick bacon served in restaurants here is wrong. :blaze:

That is my bacon story for today. :blaze:

:bacon: :bacon: :bacon:

My daughter's 16th today... I asked her where she wanted to go, and she said she didn't want to go anywhere. She asked for scallops and crab risotto. So, that's what we had with broccoli.

My wife made gluten free chocolate lava cakes for dessert :)

• Like 1

My daughter's 16th today... I asked her where she wanted to go, and she said she didn't want to go anywhere. She asked for scallops and crab risotto. So, that's what we had with broccoli.

Were the scallops wrapped in bacon?

no, she's one of the few people that doesn't like bacon!

no, she's one of the few people that doesn't like bacon!

Bummer,

Nothing like scallops wrapped in bacon.

• Like 2

Hey trout, I saw some tater tots last night! They were on a tv program...and they were on some bloopers type show from the states!!! Seriously! :LOL:

Tater tots were translated to "potato furai" which means there's no differentiation from what they call French fries. Clearly, tater tots and French fries shouldn't be called the same thing. That's like calling a house cat and a lynx by the same name. :LOL:

• Like 1

Hey trout, I saw some tater tots last night! They were on a tv program...and they were on some bloopers type show from the states!!! Seriously! :LOL:

Tater tots were translated to "potato furai" which means there's no differentiation from what they call French fries. Clearly, tater tots and French fries shouldn't be called the same thing. That's like calling a house cat and a lynx by the same name. :LOL:

Thats funny. Thinking about making some later on. Chili and cheese on top. :D

• Like 1

Johnny, too bad you are zillions of miles away. We could ship a tater tot care package your way if you lived closer.

Well, we could probably still ship it, but it would put me and Troutman out of Tater Tot funds for the rest of the year. :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Johnny, too bad you are zillions of miles away. We could ship a tater tot care package your way if you lived closer.

Well, we could probably still ship it, but it would put me and Troutman out of Tater Tot funds for the rest of the year. :LOL:

Thats funny,

I was thinking the same thing earlier. :D

• Like 2

Thats funny,

I was thinking the same thing earlier. :D

No big deal. Tbh, I never really ate them all that much stateside anyway. Just the fact that I can't find them and eat them anytime I'd like make them seem more desirable. I do like them but it's not like they're grilled salmon or anything.

• Like 1

Home made chili with beans.

I'm no chili chef but doesn't chili usually have beans?...or should that be "Shouldn't chili always have beans?"

No,

Depends on a preference. I always put beans in mine though.

• Like 2

I'm no chili chef but doesn't chili usually have beans?...or should that be "Shouldn't chili always have beans?"

No,

Chili is the meat concoction. Beans are optional. A Chili Dog, for example, won't usually have beans.

http://mojosavings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/chili-dog.jpg

• Like 2

No,

Chili is the meat concoction. Beans are optional. A Chili Dog, for example, won't usually have beans.

Ahhh, I see.

This may surprise you: I've never had chili without beans except the ONE time I had a chili dog which I didn't like. Chili dogs seem like a waste of chili to me. And I like hot dogs. I generally eat chili with crackers or bread. Additionally, my parents NEVER made it at home. I eat it at restaurants or at friends' houses. Don't know any old school Filipinos (that is, over 60 and not born stateside) that make chili to be honest.

• Like 1

No,

Ahhh, I see.

This may surprise you: I've never had chili without beans except the ONE time I had a chili dog which I didn't like. Chili dogs seem like a waste of chili to me. And I like hot dogs. I generally eat chili with crackers or bread. Additionally, my parents NEVER made it at home. I eat it at restaurants or at friends' houses. Don't know any old school Filipinos (that is, over 60 and not born stateside) that make chili to be honest.

I just had chili dogs the other day. I'm with you though as far as crackers and bread go. I need one or both with chili.

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1