3 cloves garlic, minced

1/3 cup olive oil

1/4 cup tomato cauce

2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar

2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

1-2 lbs. Shrimp

Combine garlic, oil, tomato sauce and vinegar; season with basil, salt and cayenne pepper, to taste. Add shrimp; stir evenly to coat. Cover and refrigerate no more than 1 hour. Preheat grill to medium. Remove shrimp from marinade, and thread onto skewers. Discard marinade. Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side, until shrimp are opaque and have reached a safe internal temperature of 145 degrees.

To make it a meal, use the grilled shrimp to make shrimp tacos! Slide shrimp off skewers. Place them inwarm flour tortillas with shredded cabbage and chopped, grilled zucchini. Serve with pineapple salsa ( :ph34r: ) on the side.

Even though I question the pineapple salsa, I bet it is good.

In any event, the recipe sounds yummy to me. :)

• Like 3

The weather hasn't been very conducive to grilling for most of the summer, for me, but last week there was a really nice night, and I couldn't resist.

I worked up some shish kebabs of cubed beef soaked in a marinade of red wine vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, a couple of cloves of fresh garlic, and some rosemary. Those with chunks of bell pepper (green, red, orange, and yellow), and onion, too...brushing the extra marinade over the skewers of those things, while they're sizzling...

Holy wow, it was good!

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

This recipe has JAINIE written all over it:

Marinated Grilled Shrimp

3 cloves garlic, minced

1/3 cup olive oil

1/4 cup tomato cauce

2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar

2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

1-2 lbs. Shrimp

Combine garlic, oil, tomato sauce and vinegar; season with basil, salt and cayenne pepper, to taste. Add shrimp; stir evenly to coat. Cover and refrigerate no more than 1 hour. Preheat grill to medium. Remove shrimp from marinade, and thread onto skewers. Discard marinade. Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side, until shrimp are opaque and have reached a safe internal temperature of 145 degrees.

To make it a meal, use the grilled shrimp to make shrimp tacos! Slide shrimp off skewers. Place them inwarm flour tortillas with shredded cabbage and chopped, grilled zucchini. Serve with pineapple salsa ( :ph34r: ) on the side.

Even though I question the pineapple salsa, I bet it is good.

In any event, the recipe sounds yummy to me. :)

Looks good to me too!

• Like 1

Especially if they do the dishes too

That's what kids are for.

That way,

A certain father can go out back on the patio and have a cocktail. :digi: :D

:LOL:
  • Like 1