1981 HRF on ebay...currently under 1400

jdouglas

Jdouglas-

Can always count on a vintage HRF bringing you out! How you been? You're obviously still digging your HRF. Coming up on a year with my 1980 HRF, and I am still loving it- my LP Axcess is the go-to axe these days, but the HRF is always nearby.

One of you TRFr's needs to pick this one up so we can keep em in the family. Anybody have any idea on the production numbers on these old ones, they dont seem to come available more than 1-2 per year.

• Like 1

QUOTE (tskidmore @ Jan 1 2011, 09:47 PM)
Jdouglas-

Can always count on a vintage HRF bringing you out! How you been? You're obviously still digging your HRF. Coming up on a year with my 1980 HRF, and I am still loving it- my LP Axcess is the go-to axe these days, but the HRF is always nearby.

One of you TRFr's needs to pick this one up so we can keep em in the family. Anybody have any idea on the production numbers on these old ones, they dont seem to come available more than 1-2 per year.

Good tskidmore, how u been?

I just moved a few towns over so I've been off grid until I get the net up and running again, just been busy with holidays, job, etc.

Yes, still loving it. I just restrung it this morning and played it at practice this afternoon, which is rare cause the strats are always just easier to throw in the car. My band calls it "gibby" and it get a norm from cheers yell whenevr I bring it. Ha.

I'd like to sell some mid level gear and get a 339 this year, sorta thin out the count some.

How's the AL doing? You playing it through the switchblade or triamp? I forget which?? What town are you in again? I'll have to remember it if I'm ever in your area traveling so I can see your rig in person.

I was just sorta near pete for a week in new albany ohio, didn't have car there though. tongue.gif

I think I emailed gibson asking how many hrf1 were made after one of the guys on ebay said his was one of only 300. I think he was reading the serial incorrectly, and gibson wrote me back saying there records didn't go back that far.....I think. Maybe ask on the gibson forum, someone their should know. I'm guessing maybe 500-1000 per year??

Peace

Jdouglas-

I'm doing well also, nice to hear from you. AL-255 is doing great though honestly I play the HRF more, something about the feel and sound of that guitar is just so right, only reason I play the LP Axcess the most is its nice to have the floyd so you can give it a shake, I can understand why alex tried the kahler in both the 355 and the HRF.

I have an R30 style rig with the AL triamp and the Zentera right now. Fortunately I dont have any neighbors too close to the house! Still collecting lerxt gear, recently picked up a Loft 440 which is damn near impossible to find, but it kicks serious ass for flanging and chorus (God I hope it dont break though it has 4 SAD-1024A chips). Picked up a G-K 2000CPL for those all important GUP tones, havent figured out how to incorporate it yet. Also won a vintage Maestro parametric filter just yesterday, cant wait to see whatever 70's Rush mojo that has. Thankfully I am not trying to gig with all this stuff, I miss being in a band, but with my job and two young kids thats just not in the cards for now.

Havent had the switchblade even turned on in months, since its a combo I'm kind of keeping it around in case I need to be light and mobile which the rest of my rig is absolutely not, though I'm still thinking about a JTM60 if I ever find the right one. It would be hard to go back to the switchblade from either the Zentera or the triamp, much less both of them.

I was out in that part of Ohio a few months ago myself, but I think Pete moved to Florida- Tampa or Orlando somewhere around there.

Peace to you as well, happy new year!

Edited by tskidmore

1979 HRF serial #1 was listed for sale by www.emeraldcityguitars.com in 2009/2010.

Starting price was 7650, lowered to about 6000 later (I think). Call them for more info.

To answer your PM, no...I just bought a first year run 1980 HRF. Still plays like butta.

GL

1979 HRF serial #1 was listed for sale by www.emeraldcityguitars.com in 2009/2010.

Starting price was 7650, lowered to about 6000 later (I think). Call them for more info.

To answer your PM, no...I just bought a first year run 1980 HRF. Still plays like butta.

GL

Yeah, when an early 80's one of these comes up, grab it! I don't play mine nearly enough, but it is a great guitar that can still be had fairly inexpensively. There is something about the neck, it plays so easy.