The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

There's been some pictures online of Maiden's new plane for this tour. I know nothing about flying and the regulations involved but I'm surprised it's legal for something that big and carrying that much cargo and crew to be in the air lol.

http://ironmaiden.com/fefiles/images/robstarling.jpg

Air Force Ed stopped traffic on I95.....so cool that Bruce is at the helm of this gigantic plane. Great show down here with superb excitement. Last time I saw them was in 88 the Somewhere In Time Tour and they still got it.

I just got through watching Behind The Beast which shows how mind boggling the logistics are for the 666 world tour and the 727 plane in 2011.

Edited by g under p
  • Like 3

Looks like Maiden are so metal that even part of Ed Force One shreds. Of course, I'm glad to hear that their upcoming shows are still going as plan and hope that Ed Force One gets repaired and up and running again. Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 2

Ed Force One badly damaged in accident at airport outside of Santiago, Chile.

http://www.blabbermo...ntiago-airport/

That's a shame, hopefully it doesn't postpone the tour too much

The article says it won't. My guess it that they'll get another plane and use that until theirs is fixed.

I thought they just meant the next two shows

There's been some pictures online of Maiden's new plane for this tour. I know nothing about flying and the regulations involved but I'm surprised it's legal for something that big and carrying that much cargo and crew to be in the air lol.

http://ironmaiden.com/fefiles/images/robstarling.jpg

Air Force Ed stopped traffic on I95.....so cool that Bruce is at the helm of this gigantic plane. Great show down here with superb excitement. Last time I saw them was in 88 the Somewhere In Time Tour and they still got it.

I just got through watching Behind The Beast which shows how mind boggling the logistics are for the 666 world tour and the 727 plane in 2011.

http://youtu.be/XXHHglAcSYY

That is such an amazing picture. Bruce may be a dick but he is beyond incredible. I love the asshole.

SETLIST SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!

Finally I get a chance to write about the show. What a night, my friends!

It started not so well: I left work at 17:15, and got into a massive traffic jam. I only reached the venue at 20:15, missing out on The Raven Age and most of the Anthrax show. The last two Anthrax songs were Breathing Lighting and Indians. It seems they were on fire last night, and Scott Ian said they´ll come back on a headlining tour next year, and I´ll make sure I´m on time for that one.

Maiden hit the stage just after 21:00. Bruce starts the show on his own, with the first lines of If Eternity Should Fail. The intro video and the stage set are awesome, with a Mayan theme, and a urn at the top, where Bruce summons the Mayan gods. Speed of Light is next, and the crowd goes nuts! Then the first surprise of the night with Children of the Damned. Bruce hits all the high notes, although he´s lost a bit of sustain.

My favourite track off the new album, Tears of a Clown, is up next. Bruce made a brief comment about the current political issues of Brazil, and as a fan throws a Brazilian flag on stage he says "I´ve been seeing this flag quite often on CNN. We can only hope the right b@st@rds get caught at the end!!". Right on, Bruce!!!

The Red and the Black is next, and although I must admit it´s not one of my favourites of The Book of Souls, it worked quite well. Steve´s intro and outro on bass kick ass!!! The Trooper and Powerslave soon follow. During Powerslave, Bruce was wearing a Mexican wrestling mask - go figure!!!

During The Book of Souls, Eddie gets to the stage and does his usual routine. Bruce rips Eddie´s heart out and throws it to the crowd! With the new album widely covered, it´s time for the classics to come up: Hallowed be thy Name, Fear of the Dark and Iron Maiden, during which a massive inflatable Eddie is shown.

The encore was The Number of the Beast with a giant goat behind Nicko´s drums, Blood Brothers (the one song on the setlist that I don´t actually like) and Wasted Years.

It was the best Maiden experience I´ve ever had. Performance wise, the Rock in Rio show of 2001 may have been slightly better, but last night I was really close and was able to observe every single solo, scream, bass lick and drum fill I wanted. Also, it might as well be the last Maiden show I´ll ever see, so I just HAD to go.

I don´t really bring cameras to concerts anymore - I prefer to enjoy the experience when I´m there, unlike A LOT of the people in the audience who waste time filming every single detail instead of seizing the moment - but took this one just for reference:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/RodrigoAltaf/iron%201_zpscvchjo0o.jpg

• Like 10

Anyone heard the old psycho motel stuff? Adrians band on his hiatus. Just curious as ive never heard, may have a copy coming from my local store they ate searching for me

Anyone heard the old psycho motel stuff? Adrians band on his hiatus. Just curious as ive never heard, may have a copy coming from my local store they ate searching for me

Dude, get it pronto! I have both albums. It's a grunge-tinged metal band with great guitar work and a great vocalist. Very 90's sounding, and quite well crafted. Another great band that grunge ate away...

• Like 1

Saw Iron Maiden last night, April 3, in Toronto. After the concert, had to commute home in a terrible snow storm which took twice as long as a clear evening, BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!!!

I'm a latecomer to Iron Maiden and this was my first Maiden concert. It was amazing. Rod in Rio in his post 941 had a great description of the experience.

Bruce is one hell of a performer who kicks ass, where does he get the energy? And of course, I loved watching Steve Harris with his flowing locks and amazing bass in his shorts and boots. Adrian did some nice solos. For the age of the members of Iron Maiden, they sure have lots of energy and that's so nice to see.

Opening act was Raven Age (Steve Harris son in this band) - personally, I thought they were So so...

• Like 3

Saw Iron Maiden last night, April 3, in Toronto. After the concert, had to commute home in a terrible snow storm which took twice as long as a clear evening, BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!!!

I'm a latecomer to Iron Maiden and this was my first Maiden concert. It was amazing. Rod in Rio in his post 941 had a great description of the experience.

Bruce is one hell of a performer who kicks ass, where does he get the energy? And of course, I loved watching Steve Harris with his flowing locks and amazing bass in his shorts and boots. Adrian did some nice solos. For the age of the members of Iron Maiden, they sure have lots of energy and that's so nice to see.

Opening act was Raven Age (Steve Harris son in this band) - personally, I thought they were So so...

I saw a picture on Maiden´s profile on Facebook of one of the shows in Canada...full house!!!

So, no Anthrax in the Canada shows? That´s a shame. I saw a handful of songs in their set, and nothing from the Raven Age - fcuking traffic jam!