Jump to content


Guitar players!


  • Please log in to reply
1246 replies to this topic

#1241 JARG

JARG

    Pinky Moe

  • Members *
  • 17469 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just east of Lyra, northwest of Pegasus...
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:37 PM

View PostMaverick, on 05 April 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostJARG, on 05 April 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 05 April 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

Posted Image

My newest Overdrive edition, an Earthquaker Devices Palisades OD!

That's cool. What do the mini toggles control?
The left one is a dark/bright switch, and the right one is an on/off buffer switch.

Seems like a pretty cool pedal!



Sponsored Post

#1242 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 23587 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:36 PM

View PostJARG, on 05 April 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 05 April 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostJARG, on 05 April 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 05 April 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

Posted Image

My newest Overdrive edition, an Earthquaker Devices Palisades OD!

That's cool. What do the mini toggles control?
The left one is a dark/bright switch, and the right one is an on/off buffer switch.

Seems like a pretty cool pedal!


One of these days, I'll actually get to take it for a test drive. :lol:

#1243 JARG

JARG

    Pinky Moe

  • Members *
  • 17469 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just east of Lyra, northwest of Pegasus...
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:53 PM

View PostMaverick, on 05 April 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

View PostJARG, on 05 April 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 05 April 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostJARG, on 05 April 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 05 April 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

Posted Image

My newest Overdrive edition, an Earthquaker Devices Palisades OD!

That's cool. What do the mini toggles control?
The left one is a dark/bright switch, and the right one is an on/off buffer switch.

Seems like a pretty cool pedal!


One of these days, I'll actually get to take it for a test drive. :lol:

If I get one, will I be as good as the guy in the video?

#1244 Steve Smith

Steve Smith

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1683 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:00 PM

Pedals are back in fashion now which is good I believe

I had loads in the 70's and 80's. I still have a couple of Ibanez tube Screamers and an Ibanez distortion pedal and 5 band graphic EQ.

I think the reason they went out of fashion is because it took so much time to wire them all up in a live situation with little jack plugs and batteries and the power plants were fiddly and unreliable. For live work I used a Boss ME6 pedal board from 1992 onwards. Just one power input and it gave me everything. Chorus, Echo, Reverb, EQ, Flanging, Distortion, Overdrive and Noise Reduction.

I still have it, a very robust little unit and at the time for live work it was a complete no brainer.

Steve

#1245 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 23587 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:08 PM

View PostJARG, on 05 April 2017 - 09:53 PM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 05 April 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

View PostJARG, on 05 April 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 05 April 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostJARG, on 05 April 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 05 April 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

Posted Image

My newest Overdrive edition, an Earthquaker Devices Palisades OD!

That's cool. What do the mini toggles control?
The left one is a dark/bright switch, and the right one is an on/off buffer switch.

Seems like a pretty cool pedal!


One of these days, I'll actually get to take it for a test drive. :lol:

If I get one, will I be as good as the guy in the video?

Andy is pretty good, but I think you can be just as good, in your own way.

:lol:

#1246 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 23587 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

This is the video that really made me want the Palisades.



And this was the video that made me want to get it right away.



#1247 TFEman

TFEman

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 342 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Philadelphia, PA
  • Interests:Rush, guitar, drums, tv, food

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

Just got my Floyd Rose Original 1984 Reissue in the mail. Man, it's already top notch. The block is solid brass and it weighs a TON. I have a Special in my Epi Les Paul Pro/fx which is surprisingly good quality for around $100. The weight difference is kind-of crazy.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users