Bass Players!

CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (Camera Eye81 @ Mar 18 2007, 08:03 PM)
Here is my bass collection.

1-Rickenbacker 4001
1-Pedulla 4 string
1-Fender Jazz 4 string
1-Geddy Lee Fender Jazz 4 string
1-Fender Jazz Rosco Beck 6 string ( there is a pic of me and my Rosco Beck located in my profile)
2-Spector 4 strings
1-Ibenez 6 string
1-Steinberger 4 string

Amps

1-Ampeg Combo
1-Trace Elliott Combo
1-Trace Elliott Practice amp
1-Guild Hartke 4 10 Cabinet. witha Stewart 200 watt pre-amp

For Recording I use a Line 6, or I mic the Ampeg Combo and I also go direct. This depends on what type of sound that I am looking for.

Nice collection there yes.gif Impressive!

2005 American Jazz Bass (brand new, $750 out the door. Discontinued color, Fender told him to discount it. Best stock pickups I've ever heard on a production-run Jazz, wouldn't trade 'em for anything!) Loved the GL sig, but the neck is way too thin for me and it was a deal-breaker (it doesn't seem to play well with my carpal tunnel syndrome.)

DR Strings (Stainless Lo-Riders, .45-.105 gauge.)

Tech 21 SansAmp RBI (pre)

300w QSC power amp

dbx compressor

Rocktron HUSH noise reduction (if necessary)

Avatar 4x10 cabs (for rehearsal and venues with less-than-stellar PA sound, otherwise I prefer to run the RBI direct.)

Ultimate Ears in-ear monitors

Line 6 GuitarPort for putzing around on the PC and quiet late-night practice. I've also really been liking the new IK Multimedia "Ampeg SVX" modeling software (also works stand-alone.) Also been drooling over the Phil Jones Bass Suitcase, probably one of the nicest-sounding amps I've ever played through!

Edited by greycat

Basses: Fender Jazz ( u.s.a made ) - 1998

Fender Precision ( u.s.a made ) - 1983

5 String Dean Fretless - 2005

Amp: 550x SWR head

4 x 10 SWR Goliath 3

1 x 15 SWR Son of Bertha

Basses:

1993 Yamaha TRB-6P - main axe

2004 Fender Custom American Vintage '62 Jazz Bass (with USA '62 Precision Neck)

1977 Rickenbacker 4001

1986 Clevinger Upright Electric Bass (previously owned by Stanley Clarke - bought it straight from him, autographed)

Pre WWII Anton Schuster 3/4 String Bass

1999 Kalison Daryl Smith Model CC Tuba

I have scaled back by bass rig (getting older - can't carry around the heavy stuff anymore)

Main Amp Rig:

Walter Woods Electracoustic Ultra-High Power (1200 watts RMS @ 4 ohms - only 7 pounds)

Ampeg Portabass PB-210H (34 pounds) - main cab

Backup Rig:

Ampeg B2R (350 watts RMS @ 4 ohms)

Carvin Red Line 210T cab

Here is a pic of my axes...

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/rushbass/MyAxes.jpg

Edited by rushbass

Hey Guys I'm new to the boards and I'm looking forward to posting

Basses:

Geddy lee signature jazz model with vintage knobs

fender Midnight wine standard mexican jazz

Amps:

Mesa boogie cabinet with 4 tens and a peavey head 1100wats with tubes and solid state output

I use rotosound swing 66 light gauge (same ged uses) and monster cables (if anyone cares)

Looking forward to posting....anyone else from alabama?

Fender USA Precision (rosewood, blonde, black pickguard)

MusicMan Stingray (ebony, black on black on more black)

Ampeg SVT-350

2 x Ampeg SVT210-HE cabinets

S.I.T. "Rock Brights" Strings

(made by a small company in Akron, Ohio - YOU HAVE TO TRY THESE!)

Simple, elegant, and face-meltingly loud when it has to be.

A new arrival smile.gif :

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/6629/dcm1yj1.jpg

You can just make out the metallic finish here.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1847/dcm2mv3.jpg

Edited by Jon

Hey GeddyLeeFender I'll see there in Dallas in August, too! It'll be my second Rush show at that venue. By the way, anybody know the whereabouts of a Rickenbacker 4080/6 or 4080/12? Edited by dtrice

QUOTE (mortkort @ Jun 2 2007, 11:28 AM)
thats a nice bass Jon! congrats! trink39.gif

Thanks Mortkort. These were the Rickenbacker 75th Anniversary Editions, quite hard to get. Someone in Norway ordered one too, but the dealer or distributor messed up the order somehow.

QUOTE (dtrice @ Jun 6 2007, 06:36 PM)
Hey GeddyLeeFender I'll see there in Dallas in August, too! It'll be my second Rush show at that venue. By the way, anybody know the whereabouts of a Rickenbacker 4080/6 or 4080/12?

I know where this one is:

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/6470/4080a40hq7.jpg

wink.gif

Not very many 4080s were made, so you'll need to keep your eyes peeled and a full wallet. There have been two on ebay in the past few months (although one was listed by two different sellers, so caution is advised). There were even less 4080/12s produced. I've been looking for one of them for quite a while now...

Edited by Jon

Samick Bass

Another bass I bought second hand (the head was painted white, I don't know the brand, it was something korean)

Korg compressor

D Larios Combo

Hand made (BY ME!) Tube amplifier with Regent speaker (old east-german brand)

It's not too much, because bass is only hobby. I usually play keyboards in my band and work as recording/mixing engineer in recording studio (sometimes I use some studio equipment for having fun with the bass-Avalon Tube preamp/compressor/equalizer, Ampeg amps and speakers(forgot the model oops.gif ) and so on wink.gif ). Anyway-the bass is very important to me and I like it very much. My inspirations are Geddy (of course wink.gif ) and Steve Harris (Iron Maiden), but Geddy is the MASTER!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/penguin_xvi/josh038.jpg

There is my setup. Not much to look at, huh? laugh.gif

I'm actually really proud of my setup. the bass on the far left is a '05 MIM Fretless Fender Jazz Bass, my newest edition!

The next bass is an Ibanez something-or-another. I'm not actually sure what model it is, I got it for my birthday a couple of years back. That's the bass I learned on!

The next one is a guitar. (I didnt want to post it in the guitar section because I'm not a guitar player.) Anyways, I got this guitar for noodling purposes, and because it was only $100. tongue.gif

The amp came with the Ibanez bass. It was one of those "starter sets", so it's not exactly a Marshall, but oh well.

I like calling my setup a humble beginning. When I get more experience and money, I plan to get a Fretless Rickenbacker 4003.

So there. 1022.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ May 1 2007, 06:35 PM)
Basses:

1993 Yamaha TRB-6P - main axe

2004 Fender Custom American Vintage '62 Jazz Bass (with USA '62 Precision Neck)

1977 Rickenbacker 4001

1986 Clevinger Upright Electric Bass (previously owned by Stanley Clarke - bought it straight from him, autographed)

Pre WWII Anton Schuster 3/4 String Bass

1999 Kalison Daryl Smith Model CC Tuba

I have scaled back by bass rig (getting older - can't carry around the heavy stuff anymore)

Main Amp Rig:

Walter Woods Electracoustic Ultra-High Power (1200 watts RMS @ 4 ohms - only 7 pounds)

Ampeg Portabass PB-210H (34 pounds) - main cab

Backup Rig:

Ampeg B2R (350 watts RMS @ 4 ohms)

Carvin Red Line 210T cab

Here is a pic of my axes...

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/rushbass/MyAxes.jpg

I am overwhelmed with jealousy. drool1.gif

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/bcuzliekomg/Bass.jpg

Samick Fairlane. Plays wonderfully, for only $200. Samick is the largest producer of guitars in the world; they get supplies for Fender.

In the background is a 30-year old Kenwood receiver, a digital Roland mixing board (which has loads of effects and is invaluable for making songs), and a couple 50-watt speakers that you can't quite see... biggrin.gif

Song being played: Wynona's Big Brown Beaver by Primus! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Dec 27 2005, 11:55 PM)
I bought a Geddy signature bass a few months back....$600, with a discount from my old employer....the lovely Guitar Center boarder.gif

laugh.gif that's too funny! I got my Geddy Lee Signature Bass thru GC - while working there in 2005 as well (though I got mine in July)...it was the only actual instrument I purchased there while I was still employed by them. I got it with a slight discount ($600) but I got to put it on my Guitar Center card - with the financing deal they had going at the time, no payments for a year laugh.gif I was all excited that I got a good deal, AND got to put it on the card - not something they generally allow - until I found out that a kid up in the Danver's store got a PRS at 5% above cost and got to put it on the GC card with the no payments for a year deal! ohmy.gif I was SO PO'd! Ah well, my manager was an asshole who constantly made fun of 2.gif - he was a total LOSAH who didn't know shite about music, thought he was the best thing since sliced bread on guitar too hahahahaha....

Anywho - I don't know if I ever posted a pic of my baby on here, so here it is wub.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/MyBass1.jpg