Reminiscing about R30

Snowdog

I was listening to some of the R30 boots this week and it just hit me what a phenomenal tour this was. The boys were sounding better than ever, the setlist was awesome and I got to meet some great Rush brothers and sisters. I think one of the highlights for me was the part of the setlist that went:

2112 (Overture/Temples of Syrinx/Grand Finale)

La Villa Strangiato

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Xanadu

That's 4 of my all time favorite tunes in a row. Wow! And they sounded awesome as well! This tour was such a blast I find myself wanting to go back and do it all over again.

What about you guys? What are some of your favorite memories/highlights of the R30 tour?

Well, considering this was my first ever Rush concert, that made it amazing right away. Hearing 2112 live with the finale was a nice treat, and Neil's drum solo was just breathtaking. Easily one of the best concerts I'm sure I will ever see in my life. Can't wait for the next tour! trink39.gif

Great thread idea Snowdog. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The intro with the guy who thought he'd missed the show rofl3.gif

Darn That Dragon laugh.gif

Between the Wheels ........NICE!

Xanadu .............even NICER!

2112 with Grand Finale

Crossroads

common001.gif 653.gif

The whole R30 show was wonderful. Lots of care and attention to detail. They had fun and played a varied set and were well aware of the celebratory atmosphere. Personal highlight was Lerxst chasing Dirk behind The Professor's drum kit on stage at the NEC (UK) during "By-Tor" 2.gif rofl3.gif

Personal highlight was Lerxst chasing Dirk behind The Professor's drum kit on stage at the NEC (UK) during "By-Tor" 2.gif rofl3.gif

I too was at that gig, quality moment and got a pic of it as well Highlight for me was **between the wheels** the slow lowering of the lights from the ceiling talk about "GOOSEBUMPS"

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (mystic steve @ Apr 23 2005, 06:53 PM)
Highlight for me was **between the wheels** the slow lowering of the lights from the ceiling talk about "GOOSEBUMPS"

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

Oh yeah! Between the Wheels was HUGE!!!! 1022.gif

The whole show was just amazing. "Between The Wheels" & "Xanadu" was great. All the lighting & videos were just outstanding. It was my 4th 2.gif show & they just keep getting better. But the best part of the R30 show was I got to take my son!! He just loved it. He wants to play drums now new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif NeilFinal.gif

This was my first Rush show, I went with my dad who has been into Rush since i dont even know when, but I said "Dad, you wanna go see RUSH with me" and he was like "Sure, I havent seen them since 1978"

Wow, that show was awsome, and i cant believe my dad saw them durring the Hemmispheirs Tour, and he could not believe how the show has changed since then, and I for one cant wait to see them again.

LONG LIVE RUSH!!!!!!!!

typo

R30 was my reconnection with 2.gif after a brief hiatus from being a fanatic (the whole career, marriage, and having kids thing diverted my attention from the finer things in life laugh.gif )......and I discovered message boards, other 2.gif fanatics, and The Hub. Yep, R30 was a good thing 1022.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 23 2005, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (mystic steve @ Apr 23 2005, 06:53 PM)
Highlight for me was **between the wheels** the slow lowering of the lights from the ceiling talk about "GOOSEBUMPS"

653.gif  653.gif  653.gif

Oh yeah! Between the Wheels was HUGE!!!! 1022.gif

yes.gif Such a great song. SO glad they brought it back. trink39.gif

MY highlights of the R30 tour would have to be the R30 Overture, Subdivisions, Red Barchetta, The Seeker, Force Ten, Between The Wheels, Dreamline, Mystic Rhythms (I've always loved the way that song sounded live), La Villa, Xanadu...and yes, even though it's a standard...Limelight...ALWAYS awesome to see live. yes.gif 1022.gif

And the Jerry Stiller videos were genious, too, LOL rofl3.gif

-Matt

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 23 2005, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Apr 23 2005, 04:20 PM)
Simply getting to see them again after 12 long years

I bet 12 years seemed like 100...

Try more like a 1000.

QUOTE (Mereas Apr 24 2005 @ 12:27 AM )

I can only imagine one thing better than see Rush, and that is to become a parent 

There's never been a truer word - especially if, for the fathers here, if you're present 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

I saw shows in Charlotte and Atlanta last tour and I honestly wouldn't change a thing! I read the 'what ifs' and 'wish they would've played this' on forums all the time, but these shows were great! The intro with Jerry stiller was one of the many high points in the show, along with Red Barchetta, the famous Lerxst rant, Geddy's commeraderie with the crowd. It was a very entertaining show(s). 2.gif

Archived