Rush Cd-Rom

Ru5h F@n

"We are working on a proper CD-ROM about Rush. We actually have people working in the basement of the office, digging up videos and bits of information and all kinds of trivia being put into it. We really want to make it something that exploits the potential that CD-ROM has...with so many little side trips, and so many bits and pieces in there and little bits of my writing will show up in there and bits of other people's activities outside. We really want to make it a compendium. So, we're taking our time about that of course, because it is going to take a lot of work. Literally there are people digging through stuff. I wasn't exaggerating. It is going on, but it's going to take time.". - Neil Peart, Jam! Showbiz, Oct. 16, 1996

I know this is an old news article. But I just found out about it recently on a website I was on. I never knew Rush is making a cd-rom. I thought cd-roms were dead now. Apparently not I guess. They used to be very big in the 90's. Well that will be a collectors item for sure when it is released. Boy they really are covering all the angles of marketing for the fans aren't they? smile.gif

I am certain this project has been shelved. This quote is from 1996 and a lot has happened between then and now. Technology has wizzed by CD-Rom's as you stated. A CD-Rom release would be obsolete upon release, and Rush would never do that. Also, the down time they had for Neil's recovery gave them perfect opportunity to release something of that nature to "fill the void" for the fans and they chose not to do so. My guess would be some type of DVD compilation is in the works or planning stages, perhaps an R30 DVD with some sort of comprehensive career review? We can only hope.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 23 2005, 11:11 AM)
I am certain this project has been shelved. This quote is from 1996 and a lot has happened between then and now. Technology has wizzed by CD-Rom's as you stated. A CD-Rom release would be obsolete upon release, and Rush would never do that. Also, the down time they had for Neil's recovery gave them perfect opportunity to release something of that nature to "fill the void" for the fans and they chose not to do so. My guess would be some type of DVD compilation is in the works or planning stages, perhaps an R30 DVD with some sort of comprehensive career review? We can only hope.

goodpost.gif

Damn. I would have loved to get this.

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Apr 23 2005, 04:16 PM)
I am certain this project has been shelved. This quote is from 1996 and a lot has happened between then and now. Technology has wizzed by CD-Rom's as you stated. A  CD-Rom release would be obsolete upon release, and Rush would never do that. Also, the down time they had for Neil's recovery gave them perfect opportunity to release something of that nature to "fill the void" for the fans and they chose not to do so. My guess would be some type of DVD compilation is in the works or planning stages, perhaps an R30 DVD with some sort of comprehensive career review? We can only hope.

Damn. I would have loved to get this.

Well, think on the bright side. Maybe you'll be able to get something even better. trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

What about that one show on the R30 tour that they had high-tech digi cameras filming, and when asked, one of the guys said it was for personal recollection. The cameras are the type that are used to film HDTV events and stuff. Any possibility of this maybe going to DVD?

QUOTE (thestand @ Apr 23 2005, 09:13 PM)
What about that one show on the R30 tour that they had high-tech digi cameras filming, and when asked, one of the guys said it was for personal recollection. The cameras are the type that are used to film HDTV events and stuff. Any possibility of this maybe going to DVD?

It is true they laid out some big $ to tape one (maybe more?) or the Germany shows. What that footage will be used for is sheer speculation at this point. We are all hoping for an official DVD of R30, but if not I guess we can console ourselves with the R30 RCMH show tongue.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 23 2005, 08:19 PM)
QUOTE (thestand @ Apr 23 2005, 09:13 PM)

It is true they laid out some big $ to tape one (maybe more?) or the Germany shows. What that footage will be used for is sheer speculation at this point. We are all hoping for an official DVD of R30, but if not I guess we can console ourselves with the R30 RCMH show tongue.gif

The RCMH DVD RULEZ!!! 1022.gif 2.gif

Could you immanage if the RCMH show was tapped and put out as an offical Release, just think of the picture and sound quality, it would be great,

I'm personally hoping that the re-release of VT will have some extras added to it, I agree with Snowdog that a standalone CD-ROM release would be obselete, but putting some stuf on a second disc with VT would be a gesture to the fans, and a commercial move too because it would generate more sales.

Anthem take note - Everyone can be a winner!!

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Apr 25 2005, 05:44 AM)
I'm personally hoping that the re-release of VT will have some extras added to it, I agree with Snowdog that a standalone CD-ROM release would be obselete, but putting some stuf on a second disc with VT would be a gesture to the fans, and a commercial move too because it would generate more sales.

Anthem take note - Everyone can be a winner!!

I hadn't thought of that, but that is a great idea Madra trink39.gif

Archived