ATTENTION ALL PLANETS! (VT reminder)

My_Shrimp_Cot

Listen to the man. He knows what he's talking about. I have it too. and...

WOW!!

I have the version that Adveser and MITA on CP made, and it sounds substantially better than the original...I think I'll stick with that for now, but I will definently buy the official one when it comes out (as in: Hits stores so I can physically BUY it)

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 24 2005, 12:35 AM)
I have the version that Adveser and MITA on CP made, and it sounds substantially better than the original...I think I'll stick with that for now, but I will definently buy the official one when it comes out (as in: Hits stores so I can physically BUY it)

I have MITA's version as well. I've been listening to it for about 2 months now. Isn't it awesome? The Atlantic remastered tracks sound incredible.

Glad to hear that you at least have something aside from that catastrophe of the original release. trink39.gif

. . . as far as "unofficial" releases, there are actually two versions:

My original VT "Remaster" (which is simply the original Atlantic release with the digital crackle/clipping removed) and ..

the Adveser/MitA VT "Remaster" which is my version (digital crackle/clipping removed) but reprocessed to make it less "muddy" sounding (as compared to the Atlantic original). - MitA

I have the Adveser/MitA remaster in the car at the moment - With all due respect to both, if they can get as good a sound with their limited resources, what should Atlantic be able to achieve?

Hats off to Adveser and MitA - While the rest of us are talking, they're doing it.

trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Apr 27 2005, 04:01 AM)
I have the Adveser/MitA remaster in the car at the moment - With all due respect to both, if they can get as good a sound with their limited resources, what should Atlantic be able to achieve?

Hats off to Adveser and MitA - While the rest of us are talking, they're doing it.

trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

Hi. My name is Pags. And I'm a MITA Remasterholic.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 27 2005, 03:58 PM)
If you go to Amazon (through the TRF Store of course!) it says VT ReMastered ships in 2-3 days:

VT Remaster

I think thats because it was originally slated to be released with RTB, Couterparts etc. in 2004. I dont think it's available yet. (the CD anyway)

What is wrong with Atlantic's web site?!? Is there a way to download the whole album? It's way too slow to get them one at a time, but I'm not sure the album I can dl after a search on "Rush" is the Re-Issue or not. Ug -- they need better web developers!

QUOTE (Hypatia @ Apr 27 2005, 05:36 PM)
What is wrong with Atlantic's web site?!? Is there a way to download the whole album? It's way too slow to get them one at a time, but I'm not sure the album I can dl after a search on "Rush" is the Re-Issue or not. Ug -- they need better web developers!

I downloaded this and the freakin' thing won't let me burn it onto a cd comp26.gif

It's asking for a "registration key" and I didn't get anything like that when I downloaded. comp26.gif If I had known I couldn't burn these onto discs I wouldn't have bought them. I just pissed away $12.98 comp26.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 27 2005, 03:43 PM)
What is wrong with Atlantic's web site?!?  Is there a way to download the whole album?  It's way too slow to get them one at a time, but I'm not sure the album I can dl after a search on "Rush" is the Re-Issue or not.  Ug -- they need better web developers!

I downloaded this and the freakin' thing won't let me burn it onto a cd comp26.gif

It's asking for a "registration key" and I didn't get anything like that when I downloaded. comp26.gif If I had known I couldn't burn these onto discs I wouldn't have bought them. I just pissed away $12.98 comp26.gif

That Sucks......

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Apr 27 2005, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 27 2005, 03:43 PM)
What is wrong with Atlantic's web site?!?  Is there a way to download the whole album?  It's way too slow to get them one at a time, but I'm not sure the album I can dl after a search on "Rush" is the Re-Issue or not.  Ug -- they need better web developers!

That Sucks......

Disregard my above rant. I forgot to click the option on Media Player that says "Are you a dumbass?"

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 27 2005, 05:43 PM)

I downloaded this and the freakin' thing won't let me burn it onto a cd  comp26.gif
It's asking for a "registration key" and I didn't get anything like that when I downloaded.  comp26.gif  If I had known I couldn't burn these onto discs I wouldn't have bought them. I just pissed away $12.98  comp26.gif

Sorry for being so apparently dense, but when I go to the link in the OP I get a list of songs that I can buy individually and an option to preorder the album, but not option to buy the whole cd as a download. When I do a search for the album I then get an option to buy the entire album download, but the VT title at the top of this page doesn't say "(Re-Issue)" after it. Is it the reissue, or are those songs only available individually as downloads? confused13.gif Considering I already have two cds of the orginal release, I really don't need another.

QUOTE (Hypatia @ Apr 27 2005, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 27 2005, 05:43 PM)

I downloaded this and the freakin' thing won't let me burn it onto a cd  comp26.gif
It's asking for a "registration key" and I didn't get anything like that when I downloaded.  comp26.gif  If I had known I couldn't burn these onto discs I wouldn't have bought them. I just pissed away $12.98  comp26.gif

Sorry for being so apparently dense, but when I go to the link in the OP I get a list of songs that I can buy individually and an option to preorder the album, but not option to buy the whole cd as a download. When I do a search for the album I then get an option to buy the entire album download, but the VT title at the top of this page doesn't say "(Re-Issue)" after it. Is it the reissue, or are those songs only available individually as downloads? confused13.gif Considering I already have two cds of the orginal release, I really don't need another.

I had to buy each song individually. I clicked on "Buy" and then hit the back button on my browser and clicked "Buy" on the next one, etc. and then once I had all of the tracks I checked out. If you do this, OPEN EACH FILE IN MEDIA PLAYER BEFORE YOU TRY TO BURN THEM. That is how the song is "registered". Otherwise, it won't let you do it.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 27 2005, 07:22 PM)
I had to buy each song individually. I clicked on "Buy" and then hit the back button on my browser and clicked "Buy" on the next one, etc. and then once I had all of the tracks I checked out. If you do this, OPEN EACH FILE IN MEDIA PLAYER BEFORE YOU TRY TO BURN THEM. That is how the song is "registered". Otherwise, it won't let you do it.

Thanks for the help, Snowdog!!

QUOTE (Hypatia @ Apr 27 2005, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 27 2005, 07:22 PM)

Thanks for the help, Snowdog!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 27 2005, 07:01 PM)
Disregard my above rant. I forgot to click the option on Media Player that says "Are you a dumbass?"

This is killing me! I downloaded the songs, and they play on my computer, but I get this message when I tried to put them on my mp3 player:

Windows Media Player cannot copy the file because a license for this file could not be found on your computer. If you obtained this file from a Web site, return to the site, and try downloading the file again.

I opened them each up in wmp and watched as the license was acquired for each one. Help -- where's my "dumbass" key?

QUOTE (Hypatia @ Apr 27 2005, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 27 2005, 07:01 PM)

This is killing me! I downloaded the songs, and they play on my computer, but I get this message when I tried to put them on my mp3 player:

Windows Media Player cannot copy the file because a license for this file could not be found on your computer. If you obtained this file from a Web site, return to the site, and try downloading the file again.

I opened them each up in wmp and watched as the license was acquired for each one. Help -- where's my "dumbass" key?

I didn't try to load them to a player, just burn them. Try burning them onto a disc and then converting those back to your player. Maybe that will work.

Archived