2011 - 04/19 - Hamilton, ON

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will see you there man! http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/1022.gif

When do the preslaes start. I heard it was December 10th at 10 a.m, or something like that. Or is that the general?

Copps is good for concerts.. saw a handful of them at the venue so far. It feels just like the ACC.

Quick question in case anyone might have the answer to this. I'm in section 210, and it's listed as seats 9-8, not 8-9. Is there any significance to this? What I mean is... I'm assuming its the end of the row (since presales have usually netted me those seats). What I'm concerned about is if it's the end of the row CLOSEST to the stage, or if it's the end of the row FARTHEST from the stage. How is it numbered at Copps?

Also, how far away is section 210 in correlation with the stage? I looked at the seating chart but it's a bit foggy in the upper bowl diagram, since it doesn't SHOW the stage. It seems like I'm kind of smack dead in the middle of the sections, while leaning a bit towards being CLOSER than farther. Thanks for any clarification on that, as I would like to be comforted on where exactly it is i'm sitting.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Dec 8 2010, 01:07 AM)
Quick question in case anyone might have the answer to this. I'm in section 210, and it's listed as seats 9-8, not 8-9. Is there any significance to this? What I mean is... I'm assuming its the end of the row (since presales have usually netted me those seats). What I'm concerned about is if it's the end of the row CLOSEST to the stage, or if it's the end of the row FARTHEST from the stage. How is it numbered at Copps?

Also, how far away is section 210 in correlation with the stage? I looked at the seating chart but it's a bit foggy in the upper bowl diagram, since it doesn't SHOW the stage. It seems like I'm kind of smack dead in the middle of the sections, while leaning a bit towards being CLOSER than farther. Thanks for any clarification on that, as I would like to be comforted on where exactly it is i'm sitting.

See my post in the other thread. http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

QUOTE (rushforumnewuser @ Dec 7 2010, 10:23 PM)
OK, I'm in. Bought my tickets today. What is parking like around Copps Coliseum? (availability and price) Also, can anyone comment on whether cameras will be allowed? thanks.

According to ticketmaster camera's are not allowed.

This is not unusual for Rush, however you will still see them as people sneak them in anyway; I don't think I have ever been throughly searched at a Rush concert as I have been at other shows (i.e. Motley Crue).

I used to work in the area...parking isn't too bad in terms of availability. Due to the concert being on a Tuesday night, downtown Hamilton should be fairly vacant by the time the doors open. As with any event though, the closer you get to doors opening, the higher the prices to park in the private lots. Otherwise, far cheaper than Toronto or other major cities.

Cameras, as with any major concert are typically not allowed. I have absolutely no idea how lax the security will be in Hamilton so I can't comment on whether or not you would be searched. The thing with cameras though, is that most people have decent ones on their cell phones and they can't comfiscate those.

I'm driving 5 hours to this show...is anyone thinking of possibly getting together prior to the show to share stories, have a few pops, and generally get primed for the show? I know that Hess Village is very near to the arena with some great lounges and bars. I haven't been to downtown Hamilton in a couple of years so I'm not sure what is all down there anymore.

QUOTE (Kingdirk @ Dec 8 2010, 10:29 AM)
I'm driving 5 hours to this show...is anyone thinking of possibly getting together prior to the show to share stories, have a few pops, and generally get primed for the show? I know that Hess Village is very near to the arena with some great lounges and bars. I haven't been to downtown Hamilton in a couple of years so I'm not sure what is all down there anymore.

Hess is EXACTLY what's wrong with Hamilton. I don't go downtown much at all, but everytime I finish with a concert (whether it be at Toronto, or at Copps itself), I head back to downtown Hamilton and take the HSR buses back up onto the mountain.. and EVERY single time I do this, I pass Hess, and I see all the stupid kids getting drunk and wearing skimpy clothing and it makes me wonder wh they choose to spend a night doing this instead of going to see a cool concert that I just saw.

There have been reports of stabbings there, as well as gang-related activity. I simply choose to stay away.

QUOTE (Padfoot @ Dec 10 2010, 11:17 AM)
Just grabbed 2 in 122, row 10.

I just tried and got 20 rows back on the floors for two http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/wacko.gif

I gave them up though.

We should all hook up before and after the show for sure.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 10 2010, 11:22 AM)

I just tried and got 20 rows back on the floors for two http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/wacko.gif

I gave them up though.

Yeah I started with getting 116's which is kind of ridiculous. However I got a pair in 122, I think it was row 8, but I threw those back to keep looking. After it got no better, the second time I got 122's, I just took them. I had some floor 4's and floor 5's but I didn't want to be that back on the floor as I'm short, lol.

QUOTE (Padfoot @ Dec 10 2010, 11:28 AM)

I gave them up though.

Yeah I started with getting 116's which is kind of ridiculous. However I got a pair in 122, I think it was row 8, but I threw those back to keep looking. After it got no better, the second time I got 122's, I just took them. I had some floor 4's and floor 5's but I didn't want to be that back on the floor as I'm short, lol.

Is it just me, or this show is pretty cheap compared to the last shows in Toronto?

Can't believe we got floors for $100 a piece, and that's after the shit charges.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 10 2010, 10:42 PM)

I gave them up though.

Is it just me, or this show is pretty cheap compared to the last shows in Toronto?

Can't believe we got floors for $100 a piece, and that's after the shit charges.

I paid nearly double the price for 200's at the amp in the summer.

So, yes. MUCH cheaper.

QUOTE (Padfoot @ Dec 10 2010, 10:58 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 10 2010, 10:42 PM)

I gave them up though.

I paid nearly double the price for 200's at the amp in the summer.

So, yes. MUCH cheaper.

Just means more food and more beer that day... totally down withthat.

section 213, row 2, seat 5-9

not the best seats in the house but there won't be anyone blocking our view of the stage! also about $50 less than this past summer at molson.

hoped to get closer but getting five people together isn't any easy feat for a show like this.

QUOTE (blindhouse @ Dec 10 2010, 11:07 PM)

not the best seats in the house but there won't be anyone blocking our view of the stage! also about $50 less than this past summer at molson.

hoped to get closer but getting five people together isn't any easy feat for a show like this.

You'll be close to me. I'm section 210. In my humble opinion, anywhere from sections 209-213 are tremendous seats because you can still have a great angular view of EVERYTHING, and like you said, nobody will be blocking your view. As opposed to if you were dead center on the floor, you'd have to stand, and even then, it's just a head-on view with no angular trajectory so it can be harder to see all the action at once.

Trust me, you made a good choice for a fair price.

In response to all the other posts, ticket prices are much cheaper. Weren't the lower and upper bowl seating at the ACC this past summer in the 150 dollar mark per ticket? Now, we don't even near that price for the floor seats even. I call that a bargain!

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Dec 11 2010, 02:33 AM)
QUOTE (blindhouse @ Dec 10 2010, 11:07 PM)

not the best seats in the house but there won't be anyone blocking our view of the stage!  also about $50 less than this past summer at molson.

You'll be close to me. I'm section 210. In my humble opinion, anywhere from sections 209-213 are tremendous seats because you can still have a great angular view of EVERYTHING, and like you said, nobody will be blocking your view. As opposed to if you were dead center on the floor, you'd have to stand, and even then, it's just a head-on view with no angular trajectory so it can be harder to see all the action at once.

Trust me, you made a good choice for a fair price.

In response to all the other posts, ticket prices are much cheaper. Weren't the lower and upper bowl seating at the ACC this past summer in the 150 dollar mark per ticket? Now, we don't even near that price for the floor seats even. I call that a bargain!

Oh for sure. I wouldn't have gone much more than 15 rows back on the floor. Something in the lower bowl near the stage would have been awesome but I'm not going to get greedy.

I think for the price we have some of the best seats in the house http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Archived