2011 - 04/15 - Cleveland, OH

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only "problem" to watch for in downtown Gateway district( The "Q", Progressive Field) is street panhandlers every large city has them Cleveland no exception. And generally speaking they keep to themselves, once in my MANY frequent visits downtown was i approached, told him no, that was it kept walking he moved on to someone else i guess. Besides during any events Sporting or Concerts police presence is usually in abundance. So happens along with Rush, Indians will playing same night next door at the Prog. There's no real need to worry just be aware like anyone should be in a large city of certain fringe elements... btw think ticket scalpers are way more annoying plenty of them!! http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Couple things.. has anyone heard about radio contests for meet and greets? WMMS replied to me they knew nothing about them. I'm not much of a radio listener, but will certainly do so to try and win.

Cleveland is pretty safe. There will be crowds of people anyway as well. MCM - If you are not staying in Cleveland for the night then I recommend you park across from the Q and across from Harry Buffalo. This is on the north side of the Q. This will be literally a 2 minute walk as someone said either way from the Q or HB's to your car. If you have no plans on going out afterwards then I suggest you park in the Q's parking deck. This is attached to the Q and there ia a walk way over the street as well.

My personal trick for panhandlers is when approached, I just looked confused and say, "Je ne parle pas Anglais" http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Thanks all, for the Cleveland tips, sounds to me that the area around the Q is a little nicer than the area around our Consol here in Pgh. I hope that this time I finally get to meet a few TRF'rs.

Looking forward to the show!!

Another good lodging option(but this late in the game might be full for April 15th) is the Gateway Radisson directly across the street from Progressive Field/The Q. always stay there when staying overnight in Cleveland.

http://www.radisson.com/cleveland-hotel-oh-44115/ohcleve

Ok listen to 98.5 between 8-8:30 AM this week for meet and greet call in. It's just random number caller which means non Rush fans probably win. Can't undertsand why they don't do trivia to make it harder and give the true fan a better chance.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Apr 3 2011, 09:47 PM)
Another good lodging option(but this late in the game might be full for April 15th) is the Gateway Radisson directly across the street from Progressive Field/The Q. always stay there when staying overnight in Cleveland.

The Radisson has been sold out for MONTHS. (There are a LOT of Rush fans traveling from all over for this show!!!). I myself waited too long and ended up at the Renaissance instead of the Radisson.

There's another big Rush Fan meet up at The Hard Rock Cafe (starting around 4-4:30pm), and there will be a large gathering of Rush fans at the Hall of Shame at 3pm - to protest their poor selection and show our support for a band that should have been in there eons ago!

http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/2.gif

*** QUESTION ABOUT VIP MERCH ***

Did anyone order a VIP Ticket/Merch package for the Cleveland show, and if so, have you heard anything about it yet?

I paid $300 for the VIP package - but I haven't heard anything since. No follow up email from TicketMaster or anyone about the merchandise. My actual ticket receipt email came from The Cleveland Cavaliers, not TM - so I don't even know who to contact. (Ticket is will-call, so I don't have that either!)

Help?!?!

QUOTE (Spike @ Apr 4 2011, 09:31 PM)

Did anyone order a VIP Ticket/Merch package for the Cleveland show, and if so, have you heard anything about it yet?

I paid $300 for the VIP package - but I haven't heard anything since. No follow up email from TicketMaster or anyone about the merchandise. My actual ticket receipt email came from The Cleveland Cavaliers, not TM - so I don't even know who to contact. (Ticket is will-call, so I don't have that either!)

Help?!?!

I would go to the "Q" site and seek help there, I don't know anything about the VIP package, but i will tell you this "Q" arena is the exclusive seller of tickets for concerts there not ticket master. Quicken Loans Arena site I would think is your best bet. There's help lines and numbers to reach. Good Luck hope that helps a little...

QUOTE (Spike @ Apr 4 2011, 11:40 AM)
QUOTE (softfilter @ Apr 3 2011, 09:47 PM)

The Radisson has been sold out for MONTHS. (There are a LOT of Rush fans traveling from all over for this show!!!). I myself waited too long and ended up at the Renaissance instead of the Radisson.

There's another big Rush Fan meet up at The Hard Rock Cafe (starting around 4-4:30pm), and there will be a large gathering of Rush fans at the Hall of Shame at 3pm - to protest their poor selection and show our support for a band that should have been in there eons ago!

http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/2.gif

I'm booked at the Renaissance also, I'm following Tripdad's advice and got a room there. It's got some good reviews and some bad one's but it seemed to be close enough to the venue to overrule the bad one's.

So excited for this show!! Only two more days to Hershey!!

QUOTE (softfilter @ Apr 5 2011, 02:45 AM)
QUOTE (Spike @ Apr 4 2011, 09:31 PM)

I paid $300 for the VIP package - but I haven't heard anything since.  No follow up email from TicketMaster or anyone about the merchandise.  My actual ticket receipt email came from The Cleveland Cavaliers, not TM - so I don't even know who to contact.  (Ticket is will-call, so I don't have that either!)

Help?!?!

I would go to the "Q" site and seek help there, I don't know anything about the VIP package, but i will tell you this "Q" arena is the exclusive seller of tickets for concerts there not ticket master. Quicken Loans Arena site I would think is your best bet. There's help lines and numbers to reach. Good Luck hope that helps a little...

Update: Yesterday I finally got an email from FanFire about the VIP merch, and the redemption code was incorrect. Today I received a valid, and my merch should be on its way, finally!!!

Team Rush,

I bought five tickets for CLE, Section 1 (Geddys's side), Row N and have two to sell. Price is $335 each and am trying to unload both on eBay and StubHub buy would prefer Rush fans from the forum to get. If you want both or can find someone else on the forum to buy with you, hit me up.

QUOTE (chrxtopher @ Apr 11 2011, 10:42 AM)
I'll be there.

I've heard there is going to be a fan protest at the RRHOF. Can anybody provide details on this?

That would be worth a few pictures for sure, but only if the turnout's respectable. To have only 10 or so people standing there shouting and waving a sign would be pitiful.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 11 2011, 09:48 AM)
QUOTE (chrxtopher @ Apr 11 2011, 10:42 AM)
I'll be there.

I've heard there is going to be a fan protest at the RRHOF.  Can anybody provide details on this?

That would be worth a few pictures for sure, but only if the turnout's respectable. To have only 10 or so people standing there shouting and waving a sign would be pitiful.

Kiss fans did the same thing several years back, but at least they have been nominated. I'm not really interested, the rock hall is no longer important to me as a Rush fan if they get in or not.

Pittsburgh's premiere Rush Tribute, Distant Signals, will be making there debut appearance in Cleveland at The Beachland Ballroom on Saturday Jan. 21st, 2012. (that's 1-21-12).

http://www.facebook.com/distantsignals

Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door. Get your tickets to this all age's event here:

http://www.beachlandballroom.com/tickets.html

Physical Rockett will be the opening act at 9PM.

Distant Signals will headline starting around 10PM.

Distant Signals will be performing all the classic Rush hits, plus quite a few that Rush themselves haven't played in a very long time. We'll even be performing Moving Pictures, in its entirety.

Don't miss this show!!!!

user posted image

Archived