Cats!

Mr. Not

Well this isn't going to be a fun post. Today was a horrible day. Was awakened at 7:30 am by an earthquake- 7.5, the house rolling like a boat on a wave. Things were crashing all over and our cats scattered. My hubby and I got up and saw things were in good condition, just a few little trinkets got broken. Spent the day riding out aftershocks, some rather strong (4.5 & 4.6). After things calmed down a bit, the furries began to make an appearance, with the exception of our Maddie (named for the song Madrigal). She has always been a little standoffish so I figured she was hiding out downstairs under the futon. Decided to check on her and could not find her. We turned the house upside down and nothing. I have called her, looked in every conceivable place but she is gone. I have to assume she snuck outside when we went to check outside for any damage to the house. She has never been outside and has never tried to slip out the door before. I have walked all over the street and called but no luck. I think I have to accept we have lost her. Wishing we had microchipped her but never saw the need since she wasn't ever going go out, being a purebred and a former show cat.

I cannot forgive myself and keep wondering where the poor thing is and the fact that it is supposed to be cold tonight. She was our youngest cat at 5 years old and I wish I could post her picture but can't find a current one. She is a British Shorthair like the cat in my siggy, just a bit smaller. I still have my other cats but I can't get her off my mind. I just have to hope someone will have taken her in or she finds a place to sleep out of the weather. Going to keep looking tomorrow but I don't hold out much hope. This was not the way I wanted her to take her leave, not like this. :eh: :( :|

Edited by Rhyta

Good News!! Maddie was hiding in the basement and decided to make an appearance tonight :P. Guess the little stinker had a great hidey hole but I am so relieved she is ok! :ebert:
  • Like 2

Good News!! Maddie was hiding in the basement and decided to make an appearance tonight :P. Guess the little stinker had a great hidey hole but I am so relieved she is ok! :ebert:

I'm first reading this, but I'm so glad you found her! The little stinker...LOL I have a cat too. Plus, a beagle.

Anyway, I was so upset yesterday when I learned that 2 pet house cats tested positive for coronavirus. They say that the cats got it from their people. So sad! But, they are doing good. .

• Like 1