Cats!

Mr. Not

On Monday, my wife, daughter and I made a very painful decision it was time to put our beloved cat, "Mooper" down. We scheduled a time for this Saturday. He has a big tumor in his ear that gushes blood when it pops.

This has been a depressing week for me. Its torturing me inside, and tomorrow is the day. He is 18 years old and I love him!!!

How do you let go of such a pure love?

I am heart broken, and dreading tomorrow.

• Like 2

On Monday, my wife, daughter and I made a very painful decision it was time to put our beloved cat, "Mooper" down. We scheduled a time for this Saturday. He has a big tumor in his ear that gushes blood when it pops.

This has been a depressing week for me. Its torturing me inside, and tomorrow is the day. He is 18 years old and I love him!!!

Sorry Man. :(

It's tough. But suffering can only go on for so long. We lost one our cats last month. You will be ok and know your doing the right thing. One of the worst things in my life was when I had to put down my dog Shy. We did every thing together. The memories will always live on.

• Like 1

:( :hug2: Been there and sorry to hear....
  • Like 1

I'm so sorry, Tick... :hug2:

:hug2:

Poor Mooper :( .

My mum & dad had a cat before I was born and when I was 9/10 she died (she was 19) which was sad since I'd grown up with her.

:pussy:

I have to update the situation with my Cat, Mooper….

So my wife and I took our cat Mooper in on Saturday morning to see the vet. I have to say leading up to 11:00 am when we had to leave the house I was a complete mess all morning. I cried several times and I almost convulsed when we put him in the carrier to head out. I walked in to the vet office a mess. I couldn’t speak. My wife did all the talking.

We headed into the room to wait for the vet to see us. When she walked in she looked at me and could see I was in a lot of pain over this. We explained the situation has gotten worse with his ear and the tumor was popping more frequently as of late.

She said; let me take a look at him. She examined his eyes and said they were very clear meaning he looked healthy. She checked his teeth and gums and said they look good. She remarked how clean and well groomed he was from a cat of advance age. She said beside the tumor he was in good health and didn’t seem to be in any real pain at all.

She said we had options and explained at the very least she could give him a antibiotic shot to clear any infection and shrink the tumor. She said would could opt to have the tumor corderized to stop it from being a real problem There is risk and it would cost a total of $550.00 plus 100 dollars for bloodwork.

She said, I’ll give you both some private time to discuss what we want to do and she will return in a few minutes.

She left the room and we looked at each other stunned. This was not what we expected to hear. We kept frantically saying…”what do we do? What do we do?”

We both agreed we couldn’t make such a decision like this in a moment’s notice. You don’t get a second chance!

We said, no way! We can’t put him down after hearing what she said. It would haunt both of us. We would give him the shot, and take our old baby home!

After thinking about it Saturday, we decided to spend the money and have the surgery for him! It sucks in life you have to even consider money in these situations but that is a sad reality.

Mooper is going in Wednesday morning for surgery and we hope for the best. If he doesn’t make it I will pay the bill but for the long haul I will have peace in my heart and I will be able to accept the whole thing a lot better and not feel I didn’t do all we could for our baby boy!

• Like 3

So my wife and I took our cat Mooper in on Saturday morning to see the vet. I have to say leading up to 11:00 am when we had to leave the house I was a complete mess all morning. I cried several times and I almost convulsed when we put him in the carrier to head out. I walked in to the vet office a mess. I couldn’t speak. My wife did all the talking.

We headed into the room to wait for the vet to see us. When she walked in she looked at me and could see I was in a lot of pain over this. We explained the situation has gotten worse with his ear and the tumor was popping more frequently as of late.

She said; let me take a look at him. She examined his eyes and said they were very clear meaning he looked healthy. She checked his teeth and gums and said they look good. She remarked how clean and well groomed he was from a cat of advance age. She said beside the tumor he was in good health and didn’t seem to be in any real pain at all.

She said we had options and explained at the very least she could give him a antibiotic shot to clear any infection and shrink the tumor. She said would could opt to have the tumor corderized to stop it from being a real problem There is risk and it would cost a total of $550.00 plus 100 dollars for bloodwork.

She said, I’ll give you both some private time to discuss what we want to do and she will return in a few minutes.

She left the room and we looked at each other stunned. This was not what we expected to hear. We kept frantically saying…”what do we do? What do we do?”

We both agreed we couldn’t make such a decision like this in a moment’s notice. You don’t get a second chance!

We said, no way! We can’t put him down after hearing what she said. It would haunt both of us. We would give him the shot, and take our old baby home!

After thinking about it Saturday, we decided to spend the money and have the surgery for him! It sucks in life you have to even consider money in these situations but that is a sad reality.

Mooper is going in Wednesday morning for surgery and we hope for the best. If he doesn’t make it I will pay the bill but for the long haul I will have peace in my heart and I will be able to accept the whole thing a lot better and not feel I didn’t do all we could for our baby boy!

Go Moops!!! :dweez:

You can make it. :chickendance: :pussy: :7up: :haz:

• Like 2

Come on, Moops! :wub: :hug2: :heart:

• Like 3

That was beautiful^^^^. Touching to the core. Go Moops.... :dweez:
  • Like 1

Get well soon Mooper! :pussy: :chickendance:

Well, here is how it went...

Crazy day! I got a call at 11:30 saying the tumor was much larger and difficult to remove than expected. The fear was they wouldn’t get it all and be able to close the wound. He was already sedated so they asked if we still wanted to try the procedure or let him peacefully go while he was already sedated. My heart sank. I had to make a decision right then and there with no time to think about it. I said to the doctor, I know this may be a hard question for you but if you had to put a number on the odds it will be successful what would it be? He responded by saying he thought it was about 50/50 it would work. I paused for a moment and said, go ahead and do it. He said, ok, I’ll start right now. You will know in about a half hour if it worked. What a horrible half hour it was! Then came the call…it was a success! He was coming home!

So, he is old and still has to make a successful recovery but Mooper is a fighter and so far so good. He hates the cone on his head!

• Like 7

Crazy day! I got a call at 11:30 saying the tumor was much larger and difficult to remove than expected. The fear was they wouldn’t get it all and be able to close the wound. He was already sedated so they asked if we still wanted to try the procedure or let him peacefully go while he was already sedated. My heart sank. I had to make a decision right then and there with no time to think about it. I said to the doctor, I know this may be a hard question for you but if you had to put a number on the odds it will be successful what would it be? He responded by saying he thought it was about 50/50 it would work. I paused for a moment and said, go ahead and do it. He said, ok, I’ll start right now. You will know in about a half hour if it worked. What a horrible half hour it was! Then came the call…it was a success! He was coming home!

So, he is old and still has to make a successful recovery but Mooper is a fighter and so far so good. He hates the cone on his head!

Way to go, Moops!

• Like 3

Superb news, moops has led a long life, still fighting!

• Like 1

Well done Moops :D

:pussy:

• Like 1

Well done, Moops! :wub:

• Like 1