• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 scopescreen

scopescreen

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 23 2010, 06:43 AM)
Me and my mate are there and staying over in Glasgow. Hoping to meet a lot of you guys there.

Anyone else in block JJ first row?

No I will be in block HH waving back at you enjoying being 10  from the stage front in the middle  2.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  

Sponsored Post

#22 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (scopescreen @ Nov 27 2010, 05:00 AM)
Me and my mate are there and staying over in Glasgow. Hoping to meet a lot of you guys there.

No I will be in block HH waving back at you enjoying being 10  from the stage front in the middle  2.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif

Hmmm think I'll be waving back at YOU from the barrier right in front of Lerxst  z7shysterical.gif  z7shysterical.gif  

#23 Sir Lerxst

Sir Lerxst

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2763 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

I was quite disappointed with my seats at first (Block M, Row 3), but when I think about it, its quite near the sound/lighting boards, which means that I will be hearing/seeing the show, as intended by the sound/lighting engineers. And that is pretty cool.

#24 glezgared

glezgared

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Nov 27 2010, 10:42 PM)
I was quite disappointed with my seats at first (Block M, Row 3), but when I think about it, its quite near the sound/lighting boards, which means that I will be hearing/seeing the show, as intended by the sound/lighting engineers. And that is pretty cool.

I'm just in front of the soundboard due to the way the pre-sale was carried out (I was not a happy bunny), I was getting 6 tickets which didn't help my options !!

I calmed down the minute I got a standing ticket for Dublin  smile.gif  

#25 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

Looks like there are a few folks from here going now - just sold my 2 spares to forumers. Meeting at the Walkabout is a great idea - its next door to where the old Apollo used to be - and next year is my 35th as a Rush fan (or will be in June 2011) so I think it should be paaaarrrtaaay time!

Anyone else staying at Jury's that night?

#26 realomind

realomind

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Interests:yes, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Genesis, Captain Marryat, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, The Police, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Brand X, Steely Dan, Zappa, Beefheart, The Tragically Hip, White Zombie, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, STP, Eels, Helmet, Prong, Beatles, Supertramp, Hendrix, Cream, Stevie Winwood, Traffic, RHCP, FNM, Primus, Blind Faith, John Mayall, The Stooges, Danzig ...

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:54 AM

And one of those forumers would be me! Woohoo!  common001.gif  Cheers again Foxxi, can't wait....Glesga here I come!!!   trink39.gif  

#27 realomind

realomind

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Interests:yes, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Genesis, Captain Marryat, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, The Police, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Brand X, Steely Dan, Zappa, Beefheart, The Tragically Hip, White Zombie, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, STP, Eels, Helmet, Prong, Beatles, Supertramp, Hendrix, Cream, Stevie Winwood, Traffic, RHCP, FNM, Primus, Blind Faith, John Mayall, The Stooges, Danzig ...

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (scopescreen @ Nov 27 2010, 05:00 AM)

Hey Scopescreen, just realised you're from Greenock....same here lol...never thought I'd see another Greenockian on here  wink.gif  

#28 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (realomind @ Dec 29 2010, 02:54 PM)
And one of those forumers would be me! Woohoo!  common001.gif  Cheers again Foxxi, can't wait....Glesga here I come!!!   trink39.gif

cannae wait either. You staying over?

#29 realomind

realomind

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Dec 29 2010, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (realomind @ Dec 29 2010, 02:54 PM)
And one of those forumers would be me! Woohoo!  common001.gif  Cheers again Foxxi, can't wait....Glesga here I come!!!   trink39.gif

cannae wait either. You staying over?

My dad lives in Greenock so I plan to go up and see him for a few days around the gig.  Only issue for me will be getting back down the road after the gig, depending on what time it finishes, with a bit of luck I can still get a train from Glasgow central.   Failing that I'll wander aboot Glesga all night on a post Rush high lol!  Here's hoping the weather will be milder by then.

#30 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:13 PM

If it's anything like the last gig, you'll be lucky to get to Central by midnight

#31 realomind

realomind

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

Ach we'll see what happens, it's a long shot anyway, but I'll sort something out, no biggie. I am NOT leaving that gig early that's fer sure! wink.gif  

#32 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

8 weeks from now we'll hopefully be in the SECC bar barely holding it together before the show! Oh and NancyAnn is going to be there too!

#33 realomind

realomind

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Mar 19 2011, 06:42 PM)
8 weeks from now we'll hopefully be in the SECC bar barely holding it together before the show! Oh and NancyAnn is going to be there too!

Is Nancy the dancer?  Cool, my mind boggles at how folks can manage to get to all these shows all over the place...I'd need a lottery win...and a very understanding boss!

7 weeks...WOOT!!!   2.gif  653.gif  common001.gif  cheer.gif  laugh.gif  

#34 RazorwireRyan

RazorwireRyan

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:55 AM

Thanks to hatchetaxe&saw I'm gonna be at this, unbelievably psyched, first Rush show..can't waaait

#35 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (realomind @ Mar 25 2011, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Mar 19 2011, 06:42 PM)

Is Nancy the dancer?  Cool, my mind boggles at how folks can manage to get to all these shows all over the place...I'd need a lottery win...and a very understanding boss!

7 weeks...WOOT!!!   2.gif  653.gif  common001.gif  cheer.gif  laugh.gif

Yup that's her! Looks like the meet up should be great too.  

#36 A long awaited friend

A long awaited friend

The Seeker

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Rock music, watching football (too old to play now) and loads of jogging to try and stay reasonably fit.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

Flying in from Belfast and staying in the Premier Inn on Argylle Street. Stayed there in 2007 so it's handy for the Solid Rock bar and Central station to get out to the SECC.

Block HH row 2 ticket, pretty much where I was last time round. Looking forward to drinking some heavy and single malts.

#37 Scottishdood

Scottishdood

The Seeker

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:28 AM

Solid Rock is always a good option. I'll be dragging Godeater and his entourage there for a few wee ones!

trink38.gif  2.gif  trink38.gif  2.gif  trink38.gif  2.gif  trink38.gif  2.gif  trink38.gif  2.gif  trink38.gif  

#38 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

Solid is okay - girls loos are NOT exactly sanitary though. Think some of us are starting at the Walkabout and then onwards from there.

Just out of interest, I went on ebay to see what the Glasgow tix were going for ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-RUSH-TICKETS-GLASG...#ht_9106wt_1139

Think I could push it to 400 for my front row tix?? laugh.gif  

#39 bigrushfan

bigrushfan

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:47 AM

Soooooo looking forward to Glasgow

#40 sanzo

sanzo

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

Everytime I am in Glasgow I always be in  solid rock cafe, its a rock bar and I always ask to get Rush on the jukebox and it gets played.
there is another tiny place straight across the street and had karaoke in it last time I was there (2 yrs ago)  not a rock bar ,ore a sports bar but It didnt stop be belting out  freewill and limelight up on the stage lol

I think I will be staying in argyle st too, the Alexander thomson hotel as I liked it the last time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users