Very Expensive

StuartBruce

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually... Rush are likely not the ones that determine the ticket prices. It's the tour promoter that will do that. The promoter will guarantee a fee to Rush for the show or tour. The tour promoter in the US is LiveNation. It's then up to the promoter to set the price they feel the market will bare. If the show doesn't sell out, Rush still gets their fee. That's why the US tour dates had such a wide range of prices across the country.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Nov 23 2010, 03:01 PM)
With all due respect, tough. You aren't the one to determine the value of the tickets. The market does. If the tickets sell, the price wasn't inflated. It's basic economics.

Don't like it, don't go. I believe there will be others that will take your place.

what a wonderfully simplistic and heartwarming approach to life and fellow fans

i love the "i'm alright Jack" attitude some folks have

QUOTE (AJ71 @ Nov 23 2010, 03:44 PM)
With all due respect, tough. You aren't the one to determine the value of the tickets. The market does. If the tickets sell, the price wasn't inflated. It's basic economics.

Don't like it, don't go. I believe there will be others that will take your place.

Not quite as simplistic as whining about ticket prices, but it will do.

QUOTE (AJ71 @ Nov 23 2010, 03:44 PM)

I agree! Totally selfish.

Last time I saw them at Newcastle they did about 7,000 out of a 12,000 seater.

They will not do that this time with these prices.

Edited by Daza

QUOTE (New Digital Man @ Nov 23 2010, 10:03 PM)
Can you imagine the cost of bringing this tour to Europe, the overheads, how much is it to rent the london 02 for a night, staff, shipping the equipment, truck and bus hire, accomodation, Neils bike, etc? Must be phenomenal!

Yea I recon its neils bike thats to blame.... those BMW's are a bit crap laugh.gif pokey.gif

QUOTE (Rommo @ Nov 23 2010, 10:24 PM)
Can you imagine the cost of bringing this tour to Europe, the overheads, how much is it to rent the london 02 for a night, staff, shipping the equipment, truck and bus hire, accomodation, Neils bike, etc? Must be phenomenal!

Yea I recon its neils bike thats to blame.... those BMW's are a bit crap laugh.gif pokey.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif knew it would be his fault tongue.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 23 2010, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (Rommo @ Nov 23 2010, 10:24 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif knew it would be his fault tongue.gif

Now if he had a Yamaha things would be different.

Lower running cost of his bike = lower ticket prices for us biggrin.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (irish_matt @ Nov 24 2010, 01:10 PM)
Actually Jean, yes they do almost 3 hours of music. I was at the show in St.louis in August and stage time was about 2 hr 45 minutes. 26 songs... not including videos. last time I check, Maiden were playing about 16 songs including encores. yes, it's shorter by about 2 songs over the last 3-4 tours.

You continue to compare them to Maiden... who have played the UK every year now for, what, The last 10 years.. whether it's a stadium tour or not. you can see Maiden every year if you want... in the UK, it might take a road trip or train journey... but they have played somewhere in the UK every year none the less... no so with Rush...

Rush doesn't keep gear all over the world.. they put together a new setup for each new tour. Why keep an old set of amps and drums in a country if you are going to use a new better set up for the next tour. of course, plenty of musicians do keep gear both sides of the pond... I was one.. keeping a UK set and a US set... but it doesn't always make sense. Many times bands will just call up the distributor and ask for a set up on each continent.... again, when you have such a custom set up, it's not that easy.

of course, there's good enough equipment in the UK, but the production crew spend about 3-4 weeks tuning the lighting and sound rig to get it to where it's ready to tour prior to going on the road. That's what tour preproduction is all about. The sound guys get to know how the amps and speakers perform in various conditions. The crew certainly doesn't want to show up at the first gig on the European leg with newly hired equipment not knowing how it will perform.

goodpost.gif