• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#21 AJ71

AJ71

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:33 AM

How anyone can say its cheap is beyond me. It may be cheap if you can afford it, but many others can't.

We are living in tough financial times after all.

I think 50 tops is more than enough, even thought i've just forked out 60

I feel for those who can't afford it.

If you took an average UK price of say 60 and attendance of lets say 12,500 (less at some, more at others) that one hell of a income per gig.

Sponsored Post

#22 tontonfranck

tontonfranck

The Seeker

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:44 AM

Well... I think i'll have to wait for the live dvd...  sad.gif  

#23 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (phantomfears @ Nov 23 2010, 10:59 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Nov 23 2010, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (phantomfears @ Nov 23 2010, 03:47 AM)
Like the man says when it's Rush it's just got to be done. I just spent a small fortune on going to Boston from Scotland to see them on September 14th because the tour wasn't coming over here! Didn't stop me getting 7 tickets for the gang over here for Glasgow. Block HH, Row F 8-14!
Roll on 14th May !!!!!

Enjoy the show!  trink39.gif

I will do mate cheers. Only 24 weeks, 4 days, 6 hours and 1 minute to go!!

I'm in JJ row A! see ya there!

#24 Bone Roller

Bone Roller

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:06 AM

121 euros per ticket for Frankfurt.  plus an additonal 30 euros for shipping.  oh, plus the flight to Europe.  

then the beer!  when does the madness stop?

#25 AJ71

AJ71

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

30 euros shipping ???

was there no eticket / print out option ?

thats insane

#26 w4teroftyne

w4teroftyne

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:44 AM

Thanks to a cynical price hike, they've scared my and my friends off from a tour for the first time in 20 years.

We're gutted, but those prices are ridiculous.

#27 rummut71

rummut71

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:55 AM

You all sound surprised for some reason... Didn't you see or make a note of how much the tickets were for Leg 1? I donated five kidneys just for two shows...

#28 phantomfears

phantomfears

The Seeker

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Nov 23 2010, 02:55 PM)
You all sound surprised for some reason... Didn't you see or make a note of how much the tickets were for Leg 1? I donated five kidneys just for two shows...

I flew over to Boston for the gig there and payed $85 or so for the cheap seats!

#29 rummut71

rummut71

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (phantomfears @ Nov 23 2010, 09:56 AM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Nov 23 2010, 02:55 PM)

I flew over to Boston for the gig there and payed $85 or so for the cheap seats!

It was cool to read about the good time that you and your mates had over here... smile.gif

I had good seats for two shows (Row A dead center Second Tier) for $155 each night. That's a hunk of cash! And a nice cheap $34 lawn seat in Milwaukee before that, complete with 90 minute firework display right behind us during show for Independence Day.

If you across the pond had VIP packaging, your five kidneys would have to be donated as well because those in the first 15 rows here were a f*cking ridiculous $325/each! ohmy.gif

#30 Mr. Krinkle

Mr. Krinkle

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1453 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (StuartBruce @ Nov 23 2010, 04:01 AM)
75 for front section

Cheapest 55

I think I have decided not to go

What a shame

What is that in Dollars?

My tickets for this tour were about $150.00 each after the service charges and all.

#31 irish_matt

irish_matt

The Seeker

• Members
  • 119 posts

For all the whining about ticket prices... the UK ones are still cheaper than most of the US dates from this year.  Floor to front row in St.Louis was 95 quid.  I paid 70 quid for seats about 10 rows behind the mixing desk.

-Matt

#32 rummut71

rummut71

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 883 posts

Gooooooogle the conversion table, Tom! wink.gif

#33 The Main Monkey Business

The Main Monkey Business

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 857 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:15 AM

I really can't understand people who say that 80 is ridicuous, its not, especially when you consider what you spend on a night out for example.

I appreciate that people are on a tighter budget with the economy the way it is and with xmas coming up, but if you love Rush enough you will find away to fund it.

And in all honesty, with all the publicity they've been getting and how much the fan base has grown these last 3 years it was inevitable that prices were going to rise, basic supply and demand.

Just rejoice in the fact that they are coming to Europe  2.gif  

#34 Jean Simmons

Jean Simmons

The Seeker

• Banned
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Nov 23 2010, 10:15 AM)
I really can't understand people who say that 80 is ridicuous, its not, especially when you consider what you spend on a night out for example.

I appreciate that people are on a tighter budget with the economy the way it is and with xmas coming up, but if you love Rush enough you will find away to fund it.

And in all honesty, with all the publicity they've been getting and how much the fan base has grown these last 3 years it was inevitable that prices were going to rise, basic supply and demand.

Of course 75 is ridiculous. Last tour the top price was 45.
And what fanbase growth? There hasn't been any fanbase growth and these prices have put of many fans - some for over 30 years -  from going.

I did six shows last time, this time it's one. I was daft doing six shows last time, as you've seen one you've seen them all. Even the between song patter is scripted.

#35 w4teroftyne

w4teroftyne

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (irish_matt @ Nov 23 2010, 10:03 AM)
For all the whining about ticket prices... the UK ones are still cheaper than most of the US dates from this year.  Floor to front row in St.Louis was 95 quid.  I paid 70 quid for seats about 10 rows behind the mixing desk.

-Matt

It doesn't make it right, though...

#36 StuartBruce

StuartBruce

The Seeker

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:Rock Music, Football, Guitar

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Nov 23 2010, 03:15 PM)

Thats a crock and you know it -

In simple basic terms 75 is a lot of money for a ticket - recession, depression or boom-time.

Ans yes I saw the prices on Leg One and yes I know that if I REALLY want to see them I will pay it, but serioulsy, someone has to realise that it will cause a backlash - eventually

And as for the new found popularity in the last three years you refer to witout any substatiating evidence, the one thing that will alienate them very quickly is haveing to pay in excess of 80 to see them.

The halls will be full I have no doubt and the gig will kick-ass as ever but today just seems to have taken some of the gloss from their hard-earned integrity  ..

#37 irish_matt

irish_matt

The Seeker

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:29 AM

exactly!  Instead of complaining, forgo a few nights at the pub and enjoy a Rush concert... it might be your last.  With the new album not due to drop till 2012 they may not tour as extensively as this tour.  They might not hit Europe at all.

Another increased cost is the production.  This tour goes way beyond anything they have done before.

Also, due to cancelled tours by artists world wide, don't you think TicketMaster is bumping their costs to ensure their profits?  

#38 Jean Simmons

Jean Simmons

The Seeker

• Banned
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (irish_matt @ Nov 23 2010, 10:29 AM)
Another increased cost is the production.  This tour goes way beyond anything they have done before.

In what way does this tour go "way" betond anything they have done before. It looks extremely similar to the tour before, and the tour before that and.....

If Iron Maiden can flog tickets at 38.50 a time why do Rush need to charge up to double that? There are SIX members of Maiden too, and there manager is a tight as a gnat's chuff Yorkshireman too, you'd expect him to be out a-fleecing.

Don't try and defend the indefensible.

#39 The Main Monkey Business

The Main Monkey Business

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 857 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (irish_matt @ Nov 23 2010, 03:29 PM)

Just rejoice in the fact that they are coming to Europe  2.gif

exactly!  Instead of complaining, forgo a few nights at the pub and enjoy a Rush concert... it might be your last.  With the new album not due to drop till 2012 they may not tour as extensively as this tour.  They might not hit Europe at all.

Also, due to cancelled tours by artists world wide, don't you think TicketMaster is bumping their costs to ensure their profits?

exactly, it is literally a case of cutting down on a few other things to accomodate.

Oh and with regards to you questionning the fan base growth? with them being in I love you Man, the documentary, more TV and and radio appearances, a full page on the tour in the UK best selling newspaper! There was bound to be way more demand for tickets this tour.

#40 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:39 AM

It IS an extortionate price but y'know what, f**k it. I don't know how much longer i'm going to get the opportunity to see these guys, so I was resigned to paying the 75 (x6 ugh). I shall have a bloody brilliant time and meet lots of good Rush folks I've never met before. THAT is priceless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users