Very Expensive

StuartBruce

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ben vk @ Nov 26 2010, 06:30 AM)
I was a bit shocked at the price of tickets for this tour but was more than willing to pay. My first Rush gig was in 2007 and had to pay through the nose to get tickets after they all sold out.

For me, the price of the tickets is not the main issue. It's the scandalous way all the best seats get snapped up days before they officialy go on sale to be touted later for 2,3 or 4 times the price.

If I'm being asked to pay 70 odd quid for a ticket to see Rush, the least I expect is a fair chance to buy some good seats when I'm ready and waiting at 9am today. That's the big rip off in my opinion and it's got nothing to do with RUSH. It's the massively corrupt way in which tickets for events are sold in the UK.

In the US, there was a VIP deal for some venues where you had to pay something like $300 to get a ticket in the first 10 rows or so. They gave you all kinds of other crap, but it was still not the optimal. I do not have a problem with paying top dollar for top seats but I don't care for the forced selling of other stuff to have a chance to get top seats.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Nov 26 2010, 07:41 AM)
Wow, I am guessing we aren't exactly drawing the Oxford educated crowd, here.

Iron Maiden might have more fans than Rush in some backwater, but worldwide but Rush has significantly more total album sales worldwide.

OK, so explain to me this how is 40,000,000 (estimated Rush worldwide album sales) greater than 85,000,000 (estimated Iron Maiden worldwide album sales?

Iron Maiden have a substantially greater following in such backwater countries as India for example, I'm sure you'd include India as being a backwater country.

I like Rush more than Iron Maiden, but I don't like pig ignorance and blind devotion.

I would suggest that you are hardly Harvard or Yale educated, more likely San Dimas Community College.

QUOTE (Jean Simmons @ Nov 26 2010, 08:15 AM)

Iron Maiden might have more fans than Rush in some backwater, but worldwide but Rush has significantly more total album sales worldwide.

OK, so explain to me this how is 40,000,000 (estimated Rush worldwide album sales) greater than 85,000,000 (estimated Iron Maiden worldwide album sales?

Iron Maiden have a substantially greater following in such backwater countries as India for example, I'm sure you'd include India as being a backwater country.

I like Rush more than Iron Maiden, but I don't like pig ignorance and blind devotion.

I would suggest that you are hardly Harvard or Yale educated, more likely San Dimas Community College.

I'm sure everywhere out of the good ol US of A is a backwater. I know i'm a noob but this findingit guy seems to have a superiority complex.

Another good point from Jean on the blind devotion fer fecks sake Maiden are the bigger band - does not mean they are better - but they are bigger an no matter how much you like rush this will not change.

Jean,,, well said,,, you just cant beat american ignorance...

the same way they throw their weight around all over the world,, sticking their noses in where its not wanted ( no pun intended findingit )

He goes on about Rush as if the are american,,, they are Canadien,,,, and the ironic thing here is Canadiens cannot stand americans and rush are fleecing the yanks left right and center and laughing at them all the way to the bank...

QUOTE (Roger Goldsmith @ Nov 26 2010, 08:26 AM)

the same way they throw their weight around all over the world,, sticking their noses in where its not wanted ( no pun intended findingit )

He goes on about Rush as if the are american,,, they are Canadien,,,, and the ironic thing here is Canadiens cannot stand americans and rush are fleecing the yanks left right and center and laughing at them all the way to the bank...

That's pretty funny. Congrats on speaking for Canadians who all hate us. I would only quibble that your ignorance is a little better than ours laugh.gif

Yep, Penn and Johns Hopkins Medicine, bit of a joke, really.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 26 2010, 08:30 AM)
I like Canadians.

I like you too ... i also like iron maiden ... i also like canadiens ...

i also like rush ... believe it or not ...

what i dont like is being ripped off, and thats exactly what rush are doing here... let me try and explain why...

the last few gigs I've been at have cost me

iron maiden last time - 38 pounds - last time

42 pounds this time

lynyrd skynyrd - 45 pounds

robert plant - 40 pounds

ac/dc - 50 pounds

bruce springsteen - 55 pounds

so where do rush get off selling same type of seat for 80 pounds..

everyone of the above except mabe skynyrd are bigger than rush...

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Nov 26 2010, 08:42 AM)

Man that trumpets getting bigger by the post

try too get it into your thick, ignorant head... we aint interested.. we all have degrees,,, so what...

its a typical american habit... hey everyone look at how good and big I am...

QUOTE (Roger Goldsmith @ Nov 26 2010, 08:42 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 26 2010, 08:30 AM)
I like Canadians.

I like you too ... i also like iron maiden ... i also like canadiens ...

i also like rush ... believe it or not ...

what i dont like is being ripped off, and thats exactly what rush are doing here... let me try and explain why...

the last few gigs I've been at have cost me

iron maiden last time - 38 pounds - last time

42 pounds this time

lynyrd skynyrd - 45 pounds

robert plant - 40 pounds

ac/dc - 50 pounds

bruce springsteen - 55 pounds

so where do rush get off selling same type of seat for 80 pounds..

everyone of the above except mabe skynyrd are bigger than rush...

Ive noticed there are different "tiers" of pricing, but I cant figure out the logic - it seems to be more than supply and demand.

Rush, AC/DC, Roger Waters, Who, certain other acts charged (IMO) really high prices. With no apparent effect on demand, Ill add.

Other bands somewhat less.

Im wondering of the deal with the promoter has something to do with it, how often the act tours, how long the actual tour lasts, etc...

QUOTE (Roger Goldsmith @ Nov 26 2010, 09:26 AM)

What the f**k is --------->",,,,,"????

banghead.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 26 2010, 08:48 AM)

banghead.gif

its ... in canadian. wink.gif

banghead.gif

its called a comma lardarse

QUOTE (Roger Goldsmith @ Nov 26 2010, 08:44 AM)

try too get it into your thick, ignorant head... we aint interested.. we all have degrees,,, so what...

Who is "we?" You have exactly 20 posts on this board. You are in NO position to speak for it.

Second, is your writing on the board a product of the quality of your "degree?" rofl3.gif

Incidently, I am quite touched that you spent all that time reading my old posts and looking my old home page.

And I am the one that needs to get a life? 653.gif

QUOTE (Roger Goldsmith @ Nov 26 2010, 08:50 AM)

banghead.gif

What is it with the fat fetish, porky?

banghead.gif

Excuse me, I am the lardarse or whatever. As far as I know, Tick is slender.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Nov 26 2010, 08:51 AM)
QUOTE (Roger Goldsmith @ Nov 26 2010, 08:44 AM)

Who is "we?" You have exactly 20 posts on this board. You are in NO position to speak for it.

Second, is your writing on the board a product of the quality of your "degree?" rofl3.gif

Incidently, I am quite touched that you spent all that time reading my old posts and looking my old home page.

And I am the one that needs to get a life? 653.gif

thats a personal attack ,,, another 2 and your gone,,,, dont you read the rules

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Nov 26 2010, 08:52 AM)

banghead.gif

Excuse me, I am the lardarse or whatever. As far as I know, Tick is slender.

well i suppose in american terms he is slender...

in our backwater he would be clynically obese