"Breaking News" Alex, Justin Accept Plea Agreement

robertkincaid96

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Als right, it seems to suck when you look up close. He's a better man than I, and to that I raise my glass in honor of a true class act.

Ah, great to hear, that he won't go to jail.

I hope, he and his son are now wiser and won't do silly things again.

Woldn't that be a good reason to go to the studio and do something new? biggrin.gif

Rock on Big Al!!

AlexFinal.gif

The reduction of the charges and the following plea agreement are not a surprise to me. The DA office probably knew they were going to have trouble when the judge reduced Justin's charges. The knew they were not going to get jail time for either Alex or Justin. And what would it have accomplished anyway, but to make them martyrs? That's not to say you should be able to buy your way out of jail, but a drunken scuffle with overzealous deputies is hardly worth being locked up for five years.

But then it also depends on your personal character. If you are always causing trouble in public and thumbing your nose at authority, then yes you should be punished. So many musicians both past and present have had this problem. Sadly, alcohol seems to be at the root of these issues. But there has never been any evidence of this happening in the past with either Alex or his children, at least none made public. In fact, Alex's work ethic should be a good indication of the type of person he is and why there will probably never be another incident like this again by him. Now all they have to do is keep their noses clean for a year, which should not be a problem.

It is good to see that he holds no grudges and harbors no ill will, according to his letter. I think he hopes the past can be put behind everyone and all will move on. I would surmise that the letter is also a plea to the sheriff's dept to just put it all behind them.

common001.gif whew! That's some good news!

I knew there was a chance Alex wouldn't get jail time.

If that happened Rush would be done.

But this is really good. Now we await the new album 1287.gif .

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 22 2005, 03:33 AM)
http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle....eid=3118&z=3&p=

Thanks for all of the news everyone.

The link that Test4VitalSigns posted includes a video in which

the reporter says that "Zivojinovich also known by the stage name

Alex Lifeson when he WAS with Rush...".

I guess Alex isn't part of Rush anymore. confused13.gif

http://mas.scripps.com/NPDN/2005/04/21/N-CourtOver22NS_e.jpg

QUOTE (BB&B @ Apr 22 2005, 06:09 PM)
The link that Test4VitalSigns posted includes a video in which
the reporter says that "Zivojinovich also known by the stage name
Alex Lifeson when he WAS with Rush...".
I guess Alex isn't part of Rush anymore. confused13.gif

Give him some credit he said his surname well.

I would have no chance laugh.gif

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Apr 22 2005, 03:52 AM)
That's not to say you should be able to buy your way out of jail, but a drunken scuffle with overzealous deputies is hardly worth being locked up for five years.

That is not what happened here at all. There was no "drunken scuffle." According to the only disineterested third party witness, Justin was NOT being violient, and one of his arms came free in the stairwell. The judge stated emphatically there was no "violence" associated with his arm coming free, and dropped the "violence" part of the charge sue sponte. It was at this juncture that one of the cops then tasered Justin, causing Alex to react like any rational human being would under the circumstances, to come to the aid of his son. Before Alex even laid a hand on anyone, he was punched in the nose by a cop with such force as to break the nose, and cause him to go stumbling down the stairs with the female cop. I also note this disinterested witness (a former employee of the hotel) also stated that this femal cop was above Alex by a few stairs and had him by the throat.

I am not saying that alchohol didn't play a part in this.. it certainly did on Justin's part, which initiated the calling of the police. But the mere fact that the prosecution only called one of the cops involved as a witness, speaks volumes on what actually happened that night.

It seemed clear to me back when the prosecutors took the case over from the cops and decided to gut most of the more serious charges, that the violence that occured that evening was mostly the fault of the police. Letting Alex plea a "no contest" (which is not guilty plea) with minimal fines and no time nor community service, is an admission by the government that they spent 15 months wasting the money of the good taxpayers of Florida.

Pathetic.

Archived