The Cleveland Browns...

Presto-a RUSH fan!

Norv!

New OC for the Brownies.

Former San Diego Chargers coach Norv Turner is set to become the Cleveland Browns' offensive coordinator, according to a report by the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

The Plain Dealer, citing a source, reports the Browns will also hire a defensive coordinator to replace Dick Jauron.

Turner was fired as Chargers coach after a 7-9 season, the team's third straight outside of the playoffs. The Chargers are the third team to fire Turner, who has an overall head-coaching record of 114-122-1.

Rob Chudzinski, who spent the past two seasons as Carolina's offensive coordinator, was introduced as the Browns' sixth full-time coach on Friday.

"Having the assistant head coach experience where I spent all the time with Norv and saw all the things he had to do, I've been around the people who've given me the opportunities to see what it takes to be a great head coach and hopefully I can put all those things together and get that done," Chudzinski said at his introductory news conference.

http://espn.go.com/n...ccording-report

Actually, good move...that's the role Norv was born to take. Certainly not a HC, but has had a ton of success as the OC.

Agree, and Turner had more success then Chudzinski did as OC.. I hope Chud is not a dud and FINALLY be the head coach we been looking for since the winning years under Marty Schottenheimer.

Norv!

New OC for the Brownies.

Former San Diego Chargers coach Norv Turner is set to become the Cleveland Browns' offensive coordinator, according to a report by the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

The Plain Dealer, citing a source, reports the Browns will also hire a defensive coordinator to replace Dick Jauron.

Turner was fired as Chargers coach after a 7-9 season, the team's third straight outside of the playoffs. The Chargers are the third team to fire Turner, who has an overall head-coaching record of 114-122-1.

Rob Chudzinski, who spent the past two seasons as Carolina's offensive coordinator, was introduced as the Browns' sixth full-time coach on Friday.

"Having the assistant head coach experience where I spent all the time with Norv and saw all the things he had to do, I've been around the people who've given me the opportunities to see what it takes to be a great head coach and hopefully I can put all those things together and get that done," Chudzinski said at his introductory news conference.

http://espn.go.com/n...ccording-report

Actually, good move...that's the role Norv was born to take. Certainly not a HC, but has had a ton of success as the OC.

Could this mean the Browns will completely take over the AFC North? :eh: :o :smoke:

:smoke: :LOL: AFC North is one of the toughest divisions in the NFL, I'd be happy if we could just get above .500 for right now!

Yeah Trent is the real deal his 950 yards, 11 touchdowns set a new rookie record for a Browns running back. Jim Brown had 942 yards and 9 TD'S in 1957. I think that's pretty impressive feat to achive since the old rookie record was and still is set by the greatest running back in NFL history.... And Richardson with broken ribs damn that's old school tough!!!

He's good but Brown set the record in a 12 game season.

• Like 1

Report: Adam Gase inclined to stay with Broncos

Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 18, 2014, 11:56 AM EST

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning warms up during the third day of training camp at the Dove Valley headquarters in Englewood, Colorado

AP

One of the Browns’ presumed top head-coaching candidates is reportedly considering staying put in his current job.

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase is “leaning toward” staying with Denver for the 2014 season.

Cabot also reported that the word in “league circles” is that Gase’s agent, Bob LaMonte, believes Gase could use another year as an offensive coordinator.

If indeed Gase is out of the mix for the Browns’ head-coaching job, there would be appear to be no clear-cut favorite for a position that’s been open for nearly three weeks.

The Browns fired head coach Rob Chudzinski on December 29 after just one season on the job.

In a letter to fans this week, Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said the team was “prepared to wait as long as necessary” to hire the right coach. Haslam also indicated the club would wait to interview candidates on playoff teams if needed, too. Gase has declined to interview until Denver’s postseason run has ended.

As Haslam noted this week, the Browns’ job does have quite a bit going for it from a personnel standpoint. The Browns had five players named to the Pro Bowl and will have two first-round picks in May’s draft.

On paper, the Browns has some appeal. The question is, which coach takes the leap to turn Cleveland’s potential into production?

Yeah Trent is the real deal his 950 yards, 11 touchdowns set a new rookie record for a Browns running back. Jim Brown had 942 yards and 9 TD'S in 1957. I think that's pretty impressive feat to achive since the old rookie record was and still is set by the greatest running back in NFL history.... And Richardson with broken ribs damn that's old school tough!!!

Trent Richardson is good? The man is a Colts legend!

• Like 1

:LOL: What a difference a year makes... On the head coach fruitless search, Although the draft pick selections for Cleveland is favorable for someone coming into this toxic situation and plenty of cap space( with the help of unloading some dead weight) Fact is if they do get a coach of higher caliber and say he wants complete control of his team in who he plays and player evaluation... Not going to happen with Joe Banner, Mike Lombardi and owner Haslam they interfere and want to micro manage.... And last thought it's pretty amazing this team has five pro bowlers more then any one else in the AFC North division but then again out of a 52 man roster the rest... :eyeroll:

:LOL: What a difference a year makes... On the head coach fruitless search, Although the draft pick selections for Cleveland is favorable for someone coming into this toxic situation and plenty of cap space( with the help of unloading some dead weight) Fact is if they do get a coach of higher caliber and say he wants complete control of his team in who he plays and player evaluation... Not going to happen with Joe Banner, Mike Lombardi and owner Haslam they interfere and want to micro manage.... And last thought it's pretty amazing this team has five pro bowlers more then any one else in the AFC North division but then again out of a 52 man roster the rest... :eyeroll:

This must be why potential candidates keep removing themselves from consideration from the Browns job.

• Like 1

Along with a new head coach, and Norv Turner with Ray Horton gone now on the coaching staff. A Quarterback, running back, second wide receiver to compliment Josh Gordon more help on the offensive line. A legitimate pass rusher draft pick Barkevious Mingo a disappointment along with over priced Ravens pick up Paul Kruger impact was almost nonexistent... Geeez it's worthy of a twilight zone Que Rod Sterling "Imagine a professional football team returning to the NFL in 1999 ... 15 years later it's still stuck in1999.."

It's been assumed for weeks that the Cleveland Browns have been waiting around to interview Adam Gase for their still-vacant head-coaching gig. But does the Denver Broncos offensive coordinator even want the job?

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday on "NFL GameDay Morning" that Gase might pass on talking with the Browns in order to stay in Denver for at least another season.

Rapoport was told that "it would take something perfect" to pull Gase away from his current job. Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is close with Peyton Manning, who has vouched for Gase, but the young assistant is in no rush to move on.

If Gase withdraws, look for the Browns to bring back Seattle defensive coordinator Dan Quinn for a second interview. Rapoport was told there's a "lot of mutual interest," and the Browns have kept in contact with his representative in hopes of talking to Quinn again.

Rapoport also noted that if Quinn ultimately lands the role as Rob Chudzinski's replacement, his offensive coordinator options would include former Texans coach Gary Kubiak or ex-Redskins play-caller Kyle Shanahan.

The fact that the Browns are waiting to interview coordinators playing Sunday doesn't necessarily mean they'll hire one. Cleveland still could go back and hire someone previously interviewed, according to Rapoport.

One name to monitor is Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine, who met with the team last week on the heels of a campaign that saw Buffalo finish second in the NFL with 57 sacks.

The Browns have been lambasted by the local media for waiting this long to hire a coach, but that criticism is unfounded. If the team is determined to speak with the game's premier coordinators, it makes sense to wait another week to land the guy they truly want.

Not one of the boatload of coaches hired since the team returned to the league in 1999 has panned out, so why rush the process? After all, this franchise once waited until days after the Super Bowl to land a young New York Giants aide named Bill Belichick.

Along with a new head coach, and Norv Turner with Ray Horton gone now on the coaching staff. A Quarterback, running back, second wide receiver to compliment Josh Gordon more help on the offensive line. A legitimate pass rusher draft pick Barkevious Mingo a disappointment along with over priced Ravens pick up Paul Kruger impact was almost nonexistent... Geeez it's worthy of a twilight zone Que Rod Sterling "Imagine a professional football team returning to the NFL in 1999 ... 15 years later it's still stuck in1999.."

So has Mingo not worked out so far? I haven't heard much about him during the season I must admit. Looks like him and Dion Jordan are similar. And Kruger didn't produce either?

A combustible guy like Johnny Manziel and a clusterf*** organization like the Browns. What could possibly go wrong???

The NFL Draft rumors are about to be out in full force now that we are closing in on draft season and the Cleveland Browns are the first to make some noise. We have previously heard that the Browns were very high on Texas A&M star quarterback Johnny Manziel, and now reports are surfacing that show just how much interest there may be.

CBS Sports reports that the Browns ”are willing to trade up to land Johnny Manziel in the draft if need be, sources said, and have an owner, Jimmy Haslam, who is committed to spending their abundant cap space to try to win quickly.”

The Browns currently hold the No. 4 overall pick.

While the rumors are certainly interesting, it would be crazy to put too much stock in these rumors just yet.

Remember, it is only January and teams have not even begun to construct their draft boards. Not only that, but the Browns still don’t have a head coach.

So while it is fun to believe that the Browns could be a major player for Johnny Manziel, anything that surfaces at this point is still pure speculation.

http://fansided.com/2014/01/19/nfl-draft-rumors-browns-willing-trade-johnny-manziel/

A combustible guy like Johnny Manziel and a clusterf*** organization like the Browns. What could possibly go wrong???

The NFL Draft rumors are about to be out in full force now that we are closing in on draft season and the Cleveland Browns are the first to make some noise. We have previously heard that the Browns were very high on Texas A&M star quarterback Johnny Manziel, and now reports are surfacing that show just how much interest there may be.

CBS Sports reports that the Browns ”are willing to trade up to land Johnny Manziel in the draft if need be, sources said, and have an owner, Jimmy Haslam, who is committed to spending their abundant cap space to try to win quickly.”

The Browns currently hold the No. 4 overall pick.

While the rumors are certainly interesting, it would be crazy to put too much stock in these rumors just yet.

Remember, it is only January and teams have not even begun to construct their draft boards. Not only that, but the Browns still don’t have a head coach.

So while it is fun to believe that the Browns could be a major player for Johnny Manziel, anything that surfaces at this point is still pure speculation.

http://fansided.com/...johnny-manziel/

You know what puts me off Johnny Manziel? His name sounds too much like Goodhell. Manziel - Goodhell! I'm thinking he might be Rog's bastard sprog!

• Like 2

So has Mingo not worked out so far? I haven't heard much about him during the season I must admit. Looks like him and Dion Jordan are similar. And Kruger didn't produce either?

:no: Since the switch to the 3-4 formation between Mingo,Kruger and Jabaal Sheard they accounted for a combined paltry total of15 sacks... Although the Browns defense was climbing the ranks of respectability, later part of the season they consistently caved in during the forth quarter. Games in which they had a opportunity to win. Loss by blown pass coverage assignments( even the great Joe Haden had some surprising mistakes ) and just straight out terrible efforts at what defense main purpose is,, to tackle... :sarcastic:

:no: Since the switch to the 3-4 formation between Mingo,Kruger and Jabaal Sheard they accounted for a combined paltry total of15 sacks... Although the Browns defense was climbing the ranks of respectability, later part of the season they consistently caved in during the forth quarter. Games in which they had a opportunity to win. Loss by blown pass coverage assignments( even the great Joe Haden had some surprising mistakes ) and just straight out terrible efforts at what defense main purpose is,, to tackle... :sarcastic:

Did they tire because of the ineptitude of the offense and being out on the field forever?

Did they tire because of the ineptitude of the offense and being out on the field forever?

Of course I don't put ALL the blame on the defensive 4th qtr collapses.. There's more then enough evidence to blame on the Browns disjointed offense and lack of team cohesiveness by the Quarter Back carousel. Definitely fatigue was a factor by the defense having to return on the field so often. I don't know where the Browns ranked on 3rd down conversions but they had to be near the bottom.

Of course I don't put ALL the blame on the defensive 4th qtr collapses.. There's more then enough evidence to blame on the Browns disjointed offense and lack of team cohesiveness by the Quarter Back carousel. Definitely fatigue was a factor by the defense having to return on the field so often. I don't know where the Browns ranked on 3rd down conversions but they had to be near the bottom.

You are correct, sir...they were 31st in pct, and gave up the most in the league.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/thirdDownConvPct/position/defense/seasontype/2

Any thoughts? I don't know if I'd want Koetter based on his history, but the Bills had a pretty good defense last year (though with quite a bit of talent), so maybe Pettine would be OK.

The Cleveland Browns' head-coaching search is down to two finalists, and the team's brass is expected to meet with each Thursday before selecting its hire, league sources told ESPN.

League sources believe Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine has emerged as the favorite, though Cleveland has not made any decision yet. Pettine will be one of two candidates to fly to Cleveland to interview with the Browns again on Thursday.

Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine will fly to Cleveland for another interview with the Browns on Thursday, sources told ESPN.

The Browns also spoke Wednesday morning with Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, sources said.

Cleveland is the only team without a head coach, and owner Jimmy Haslam said last week the team is "prepared to wait as long as necessary" to hire one.

Haslam, CEO Joe Banner and other members of the Browns front office met with Pettine for about four hours Tuesday night in Mobile, Ala., site of the Senior Bowl, but reportedly did not offer him the job.

It was the second interview between the sides, the other coming last Thursday.

The 47-year-old Pettine spent four seasons as a defensive coordinator under Rex Ryan with the New York Jets before joining the Bills. Pettine also has worked as an assistant with the Baltimore Ravens.

The Browns are in the fourth week of their search for their seventh full-time coach since 1999.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10335325/cleveland-browns-two-finalists-head-coaching-job-mike-pettine-favorite

Any thoughts? I don't know if I'd want Koetter based on his history, but the Bills had a pretty good defense last year (though with quite a bit of talent), so maybe Pettine would be OK.

The Cleveland Browns' head-coaching search is down to two finalists, and the team's brass is expected to meet with each Thursday before selecting its hire, league sources told ESPN.

League sources believe Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine has emerged as the favorite, though Cleveland has not made any decision yet. Pettine will be one of two candidates to fly to Cleveland to interview with the Browns again on Thursday.

Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine will fly to Cleveland for another interview with the Browns on Thursday, sources told ESPN.

The Browns also spoke Wednesday morning with Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, sources said.

Cleveland is the only team without a head coach, and owner Jimmy Haslam said last week the team is "prepared to wait as long as necessary" to hire one.

Haslam, CEO Joe Banner and other members of the Browns front office met with Pettine for about four hours Tuesday night in Mobile, Ala., site of the Senior Bowl, but reportedly did not offer him the job.

The 47-year-old Pettine spent four seasons as a defensive coordinator under Rex Ryan with the New York Jets before joining the Bills. Pettine also has worked as an assistant with the Baltimore Ravens.

The Browns are in the fourth week of their search for their seventh full-time coach since 1999.

http://espn.go.com/n...ettine-favorite

It's getting worse... :facepalm:

Reports: Browns interviewed Greg Schiano on Wednesday

Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 22, 2014, 8:52 PM EST

Add Greg Schiano to the list of candidates the Browns have interviewed for their head-coaching vacancy.

According to FootballScoop.com, the Browns met with Schiano, the former Buccaneers’ coach, on Wednesday.

Alex Marvez of FoxSports.com confirmed news of the Browns’ interview with Schiano, whom the Buccaneers fired on December 30.

The Buccaneers were 11-21 in Schiano’s two seasons as head coach. The 2013 Buccaneers quickly fell out of contention, losing their first eight games. Though Tampa Bay picked up its play in the second half of the season, it wasn’t enough to save the jobs of Schiano and G.M. Mark Dominik.

The Browns fired head coach Rob Chudzinski on December 29. They have twice met with Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine. Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn has also been linked to the job.

You know what pisses me off ( well with the Browns i could write a book) but when the three stooges Haslam, Banner, Lombardi made such abrupt decision to fire Chudzinski, You had to think and HOPE!, OK management acting this quickly they must have a plan and somebody lined up already... I guess not... :sarcastic:

http://espn.go.com/n...ettine-favorite

It's getting worse... :facepalm:

Reports: Browns interviewed Greg Schiano on Wednesday

Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 22, 2014, 8:52 PM EST

Add Greg Schiano to the list of candidates the Browns have interviewed for their head-coaching vacancy.

According to FootballScoop.com, the Browns met with Schiano, the former Buccaneers’ coach, on Wednesday.

Alex Marvez of FoxSports.com confirmed news of the Browns’ interview with Schiano, whom the Buccaneers fired on December 30.

The Buccaneers were 11-21 in Schiano’s two seasons as head coach. The 2013 Buccaneers quickly fell out of contention, losing their first eight games. Though Tampa Bay picked up its play in the second half of the season, it wasn’t enough to save the jobs of Schiano and G.M. Mark Dominik.

The Browns fired head coach Rob Chudzinski on December 29. They have twice met with Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine. Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn has also been linked to the job.

Lol, Shiano got interviewed? Are you guys trying to lose? That guy comes across as a major asshole. A lot of players defended him towards the end but once he was gone they clammed right up. You can't coach primarily through attempted intimidation and being a jerk these days. He doesn't know that and needs to go back to college.

Could this finally be it in Cleveland?

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the Browns will attempt to hire Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine as the franchise's 15th full-time head coach on Thursday, according to team sources.

The development comes one day after team brass voyaged to Florida to sit down with former Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano, the latest -- and surprising -- name in a long list of candidates Cleveland has spoken to since firing Rob Chudzinski on the heels of a 4-12 campaign. Schiano has been ruled out as an option, according to Rapoport.

Pettine has toiled through two rounds of interviews with the Browns and flew back to Cleveland on Thursday for a third meeting centered on who will coordinate the defense and call plays for an offense still lacking a franchise quarterback. Rapoport believes Pettine is the only candidate in town Thursday to meet with the club.

Pettine reportedly wants the job "badly" and sounds willing to work with a crowded front-office structure that includes CEO Joe Banner and general manager Mike Lombardi under Jimmy Haslam, the team owner who has played an active role in the search.

Pettine, who also was once the New York Jets' defensive coordinator, helped Buffalo's unit achieve a franchise-best 57 sacks last season in a scheme that saw the Bills attack the quarterback and haul in 23 interceptions. Both totals ranked second in the league.

Could this finally be it in Cleveland?

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the Browns will attempt to hire Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine as the franchise's 15th full-time head coach on Thursday, according to team sources.

The development comes one day after team brass voyaged to Florida to sit down with former Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano, the latest -- and surprising -- name in a long list of candidates Cleveland has spoken to since firing Rob Chudzinski on the heels of a 4-12 campaign. Schiano has been ruled out as an option, according to Rapoport.

Pettine has toiled through two rounds of interviews with the Browns and flew back to Cleveland on Thursday for a third meeting centered on who will coordinate the defense and call plays for an offense still lacking a franchise quarterback. Rapoport believes Pettine is the only candidate in town Thursday to meet with the club.

Pettine reportedly wants the job "badly" and sounds willing to work with a crowded front-office structure that includes CEO Joe Banner and general manager Mike Lombardi under Jimmy Haslam, the team owner who has played an active role in the search.

Pettine, who also was once the New York Jets' defensive coordinator, helped Buffalo's unit achieve a franchise-best 57 sacks last season in a scheme that saw the Bills attack the quarterback and haul in 23 interceptions. Both totals ranked second in the league.

From what I'm hearing on Wknr it's appears that Mike Pettine will be named the Browns 7th headcoach since 1999 & 17 overall since 1946. Announcement looks like it will come out today.. Edited by softfilter

FWIW wikipedia says Pettine is hired.......

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Mike_Pettine

What do you think of this hire? Is he any good? Did he help the Jets and the Bills? Is he the right man to bring in a new quarterback and help Josh Gordon??

One thing I will say the Browns have a lot of good young players in lots of positions, OT, CB, D-line, WR, TE. This could turn into a good team with the right coach/GM.

FWIW wikipedia says Pettine is hired.......

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Mike_Pettine

What do you think of this hire? Is he any good? Did he help the Jets and the Bills? Is he the right man to bring in a new quarterback and help Josh Gordon??

One thing I will say the Browns have a lot of good young players in lots of positions, OT, CB, D-line, WR, TE. This could turn into a good team with the right coach/GM.

He seems to be very innovative as a DC, he was good for jets and bills. Bills force tons of sacks and picks (offense doesnt help their yards/points per game)

I know firing a coach after 1 year is bad mojo, but there has been so much bad press around the browns I think front office will actually really use the cap room on FA, also tons of picks. I also think they will give him 3 years no matter what