The Cleveland Browns...

Presto-a RUSH fan!

Since RUSH was introduced to the US in Cleveland, Ohio I figured there would be some Cleveland Browns fans who also love RUSH.

Are there any Browns fans out there?

The Colt McCoy era has begun!

Say what you will about the Browns but they just beat the world champion New Orleans Saints last week 30-17 and...

they beat the New England Patriots 34-14 this week!

The New York Jets are next!

cheer.gif GO BROWNS! cheer.gif

Well, you know i am...

I hate 2 be a Debbie Downer BUT it's going to take some more wins build my confidence. "Always hopeful yet discontent" tongue.gif

Just enjoying the moment!! yes.gif

GOOO BROWNS!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif cheer.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Nov 8 2010, 01:05 PM)
Well, you know i am...
I hate 2 be a Debbie Downer BUT it's going to take some more wins build my confidence. "Always hopeful yet discontent" tongue.gif
Just enjoying the moment!! yes.gif
GOOO BROWNS!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif cheer.gif

Agreed. The thing about being a Browns fan these days, (or a Cleveland fan in general) is don't get to excited when they are good and too depressed when they stink.

Time to let go of the Jets game heartache, (geez the media here is still dwelling on it) beathorse.gif

Concentrate beating the Jags, hopefully our list of walking wounded will be healed in time to play in particular Josh Cribbs (dislocated toes ouch!), offensive linemen Floyd Womack,Eric Steinbach, cornerback Sheldon Brown linebackers,Eric Barton and most importantly Scott Fujita (as of today not likely)

Sports headline in Canton Rep today "What's wrong with Wright?" good question... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I'm a closet Brown's fan. Rooted for them against Denver back in the day. sad.gif

Now that Colt is at the helm I'll be backing them again.

In the interests of full disclosure I should point out that the Dallas Texans, er uh, the KC Chiefs is and always will be my AFC team. cheer.gif

And now back down to Earth, worse game the Browns played so far this year. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Has to be a record , Jacksonville turns the ball over SIX times and still wins the ball game????! Uncreative predictable play calling on offense and although the defense done well for the most part, blown tackles cost us the game once again when it counted the most to get a stop.

Yeah, If anything the loss exposed glaringly obvious problems Browns need to address in the off season. We have the worse receiving corp in the NFL, Brian Robiskie is a bust and shouldn't be wearing a Cleveland jersey next season, Mohamed Massaquoi not far behind Robiskie in worthlessness.

Still bitter with the play selection yesterday, all those Jacksonville turnovers instead of letting McCoy go and airing the ball out offensive coordinator Brian Daboll choose to play conservative "not to loose mode" hand the ball off to Peyton Hillis every down even though the Jags defense was boxing up and waiting for it,... result zero effective Peyton was getting clobbered.

Now Colt might have a high ankle sprain like Jake and Seneca. sad.gif

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d6...ismiss-coaching

What a surprise! eyesre4.gif

Mixed feelings about this, yeah Mangini was stubborn and couldn't use the play clock correctly just like Romeo Crennel before him. And makes idiotic decisions in the red zone losing 14 zip to the Steelers in 2nd qt on five yard line forth and one decides to go for a field goal instead of getting the yard and trying to get six to keep it close. facepalm.gif WHY? What's in it for us to settle for three ??? Not exactly a playoff situation for Cleveland. sarcasm.gif

But really I put a lot of the blame on Browns traditional demise on Offense Coordinator Brian Daboll and Defense Rob Ryan.

Daboll looked like a genius with his play calling against Saints and Patriots, rest of the season after that the well went dry, give the ball to Peyton Hillis every down watch him get beat to a pulp. And Rob Ryan is totally over rated hyped and loud being a Ryan but nothing to show for it except a bad track record were ever he goes. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

b_sigh.gif

Just get tired of the revolving door hired and fired routine the Browns have gone thru since coming back in 1999. Hard to get a system in place doing that every two or three years. Only difference this time I have faith in Mike Holmgren, in the not so recent past Browns didn't have anyone with a sound football mind like Holmgren to trust.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jan 4 2011, 02:52 AM)
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d6...ismiss-coaching
What a surprise! eyesre4.gif
Mixed feelings about this, yeah Mangini was stubborn and couldn't use the play clock correctly just like Romeo Crennel before him.  And makes idiotic decisions in the red zone losing 14 zip to the Steelers in 2nd qt on five yard line forth and one decides to go for a field goal instead of getting the yard and trying to get six to keep it close. facepalm.gif WHY? What's in it for us to settle for three ??? Not exactly a playoff situation for Cleveland. sarcasm.gif
But really I put  a lot of the blame on Browns traditional demise on Offense Coordinator Brian Daboll and Defense Rob Ryan.
Daboll looked like a genius with his play calling against Saints and Patriots, rest of the season after that the well went dry, give the ball to Peyton Hillis every down watch him get beat to a pulp. And Rob Ryan is totally over rated hyped and loud being a Ryan but nothing to show for it except a bad track record were ever he goes. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
b_sigh.gif
Just get tired of the revolving door  hired and fired routine the Browns have gone thru since coming back in  1999. Hard to get a system in place doing that every two or three years. Only difference this time I have faith in Mike Holmgren, in the not so recent past Browns didn't have anyone with a sound football mind like Holmgren to trust.

I agree. trink39.gif

I think if Mangini would have hired a LEGIT offensive coordinator last year he may still be here but he insisted on having his guy Dabol. I think he just wanted someone who he could basically control. Ryan was ok and I like the attack style but I think we basically lost this season in the first 3 games when his DEF gave up so many big plays. We should have won all 3 of those games and if we would have, this would have been a way different season. But shoulda, coulda. beathorse.gif

I hope and pray that we can convince Jon Gruden to come back to OH. We need a west coast offense HEAD coach. I think it is so much better to have a offensive head coach so that the offense stays the same from year to year, even if you lose the offensive coordinator.

We need to draft WRs big time and if there is a big name free agent WR we need to sign him. We have some talent but our WRs are shit.

goodpost.gif Yep, agree with everything you said! yes.gif

Do think Brian Robiskie showed improvement last couple of weeks, STILL need consistent receiver(s)

I also liked the aggressive style blitz that's been missing for ages with this team, but injuries and just not good enough players hampered our ability to get the job done. And yeah, so many missed tackles cost us dearly this season. Still think Ryan is not a very good Def coordinator.

Edited by softfilter

Pulling this buried Browns topic up talk about the more things change the more they stay the same! :LOL:

New owner, new team president, new GM AND another search for a headcoach...

The latest is that Oregon's Chip Kelly is in the lead to be the next victim to reside at the factory of sadness..

In other news, really liked the Travel Channel series NFL Road Tested that even made our hardluck Browns look interesting. ;)

I know everyone was on pins & needles waiting for this exciting news, when all there was to talk about is the boring NFL playoffs so HERE IT IS!!!http://espn.go.com/n... alt=':zzz:' /> Edited by softfilter

They fooled everyone! They seemed to be lining up Ken Whisenhunt, which would have been a mistake. What do Browns fans think of Chud, the Panther OC and former Browns man?

The vibe I get is mixed, at first it was a collective let down when the sure thing Chip Kelly fell through. (teased Cleveland with a 7 hour meeting, Philly 9hrs!) But once reality set in that the likes of Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden and the constant cries of get Bill Cowher were pure fantasy. I thing most understood there going once again have to refine there search who REALLY is available and it wouldn't be a former NFL stand out headcoach or in the college ranks Nick Saban kept being brought up. :facepalm: Like he would really want to leave the ongoing Bama dynasty to suffer the cold and gloom of the factory of sadness. Theres been some positive reaction to the Chudzinski hire and at least he showed genuine enthusiasm at the press conference with team owner Jimmy Haslam. Not like tight lipped always on the defensive Pat Shurmur. Rob did some good things working with QB Derek Anderson back in 07 although it turned out Anderson wasen't the answer either. But if the rumour going on about Norv Turner from the Chargers to be the new Browns Offensive Coordinator are true, that will be a good step in helping Brandon Weeden get on the right track and gain confidence see if he has what it takes to be a NFL QB. My overall feeling is wait and see been to this rodeo many times before and nothing to show for it.. Edited by softfilter

They fooled everyone! They seemed to be lining up Ken Whisenhunt, which would have been a mistake. What do Browns fans think of Chud, the Panther OC and former Browns man?

The vibe I get is mixed, at first it was a collective let down when the sure thing Chip Kelly fell through. (teased Cleveland with a 7 hour meeting, Philly 9hrs!) But once reality set in that the likes of Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden and the constant cries of get Bill Cowher were pure fantasy. I thing most understood there going once again have to refine there search who REALLY is available and it wouldn't be a former NFL stand out headcoach or in the college ranks Nick Saban kept being brought up. :facepalm: Like he would really want to leave the ongoing Bama dynasty to suffer the cold and gloom of the factory of sadness. Theres been some positive reaction to the Chudzinski hire and at least he showed genuine enthusiasm at the press conference with team owner Jimmy Haslam. Not like tight lipped always on the defensive Pat Shurmur. Rob did some good things working with QB Derek Anderson back in 07 although it turned out Anderson wasen't the answer either. But if the rumour going on about Norv Turner from the Chargers to be the new Browns Offensive Coordinator are true, that will be a good step in helping Brandon Weeden get on the right track and gain confidence see if he has what it takes to be a NFL QB. My overall feeling is wait and see been to this rodeo many times before and nothing to show for it..

Do you think they'll get rid of Weeden and get Alex Smith or draft someone early or keep him and draft someone late? Thing about Weeden is he's already 29, he could be 33 before he gets his shit together and then how long will he have 3 or 4 years maybe?

It's to early to tell what the future holds for Weeden with the new regime, but your right the clock is ticking with Brandon.

With what Chud said at the press conference his game plan of having a vertical downfield passing game (is there any other kind of passing?) and a balanced offense Weeden has the arm to do it. Problem i see with Weeden is his body mechanics and decision making needs alot of work. I,m most impressed with the performance of third string QB Thad Lewis in season final against Pittsburgh I'm leaning toward him moving up taking McCoys place as back up.

It's to early to tell what the future holds for Weeden with the new regime, but your right the clock is ticking with Brandon.

With what Chud said at the press conference his game plan of having a vertical downfield passing game (is there any other kind of passing?) and a balanced offense Weeden has the arm to do it. Problem i see with Weeden is his body mechanics and decision making needs alot of work. I,m most impressed with the performance of third string QB Thad Lewis in season final against Pittsburgh I'm leaning toward him moving up taking McCoys place as back up.

What did you think of Trent Richardson? Was he injured this year? Is he gonna be as good as Peterson?

What did you think of Trent Richardson? Was he injured this year? Is he gonna be as good as Peterson?

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Chicago+Bears+v+Houston+Texans+qZrdKprfDnQl.jpg

This Adrian Peterson?

Yeah, probably.

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Chicago+Bears+v+Houston+Texans+qZrdKprfDnQl.jpg

This Adrian Peterson?

Yeah, probably.

Well he had 950 rushing yards with broken ribs from week 6, that's not bad for a rookie... :D-13:

Norv!

New OC for the Brownies.

Former San Diego Chargers coach Norv Turner is set to become the Cleveland Browns' offensive coordinator, according to a report by the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

The Plain Dealer, citing a source, reports the Browns will also hire a defensive coordinator to replace Dick Jauron.

Turner was fired as Chargers coach after a 7-9 season, the team's third straight outside of the playoffs. The Chargers are the third team to fire Turner, who has an overall head-coaching record of 114-122-1.

Rob Chudzinski, who spent the past two seasons as Carolina's offensive coordinator, was introduced as the Browns' sixth full-time coach on Friday.

"Having the assistant head coach experience where I spent all the time with Norv and saw all the things he had to do, I've been around the people who've given me the opportunities to see what it takes to be a great head coach and hopefully I can put all those things together and get that done," Chudzinski said at his introductory news conference.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8838297/norv-turner-become-cleveland-browns-offensive-coordinator-according-report

Actually, good move...that's the role Norv was born to take. Certainly not a HC, but has had a ton of success as the OC.

Norv!

New OC for the Brownies.

Former San Diego Chargers coach Norv Turner is set to become the Cleveland Browns' offensive coordinator, according to a report by the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

The Plain Dealer, citing a source, reports the Browns will also hire a defensive coordinator to replace Dick Jauron.

Turner was fired as Chargers coach after a 7-9 season, the team's third straight outside of the playoffs. The Chargers are the third team to fire Turner, who has an overall head-coaching record of 114-122-1.

Rob Chudzinski, who spent the past two seasons as Carolina's offensive coordinator, was introduced as the Browns' sixth full-time coach on Friday.

"Having the assistant head coach experience where I spent all the time with Norv and saw all the things he had to do, I've been around the people who've given me the opportunities to see what it takes to be a great head coach and hopefully I can put all those things together and get that done," Chudzinski said at his introductory news conference.

http://espn.go.com/n...ccording-report

Actually, good move...that's the role Norv was born to take. Certainly not a HC, but has had a ton of success as the OC.

Could this mean the Browns will completely take over the AFC North? :eh: :o :smoke:

Yeah Trent is the real deal his 950 yards, 11 touchdowns set a new rookie record for a Browns running back. Jim Brown had 942 yards and 9 TD'S in 1957. I think that's pretty impressive feat to achive since the old rookie record was and still is set by the greatest running back in NFL history.... And Richardson with broken ribs damn that's old school tough!!! Edited by softfilter