The Cleveland Browns...

Presto-a RUSH fan!

NFL announces Gordon suspension

Posted by Mike Florio on August 27, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/gordon1.jpg?w=210

It’s official. The NFL has suspended Browns receiver Josh Gordon for a full year, effective immediately.

The banishment, first proposed more than three months ago and languishing on appeal until today, has been announced by the league.

“Appeals officer Harold Henderson has upheld the suspension for the 2014 NFL season of Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse,” the NFL said in a statement. “The suspension is effective immediately. Gordon’s eligibility for reinstatement will be determined following the 2014 season.”

Gordon, whose suspension comes under the substance-abuse policy, likewise has issued a statement acknowledging the situation.

“I’d like to apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Cleveland Browns organization and our fans,” Gordon said. “I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing officer didn’t exercise better discretion and judgment in my case. I would like to sincerely thank the people who have been incredibly supportive of me during this challenging time, including my family, my agent, my union, my legal team, and the Cleveland Browns staff.”

Gordon will need even more support over the next year, since he will be prohibited from receiving any assistance from the NFL or the Browns. It’s a sad situation, with Brown banished for smoking a substance that is legal in two of the 22 states in which the NFL does business. At a time when he may have an addiction.

At a time when Ray Rice will miss only two games for knocking out his then-fiancée, now wife.

• Like 1

Browns won’t let Josh Gordon play in CFL

Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/gordon10.jpg?w=244

The question of whether the CFL would welcome suspended Browns receiver Josh Gordon is complicated, convoluted, and ultimately irrelevant.

As Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer said during Thursday’s PFT Live, the Browns won’t give Gordon permission to play in Canada. A league source tells PFT that the Browns already have informed Gordon that he won’t be permitted to take his talents to Saskatoon. Or anywhere else in Canada.

That should end it.

Even though it would give Gordon a better support structure and despite the fact that it seems unfair to prevent a guy whose contract has been tolled from playing football due to his suspension, Gordon won’t be playing in the CFL this year.

Browns cut Rex Grossman

Posted by Josh Alper on August 31, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwmyotq3yzczzjiwyjlly2uxodvmmjnjmgvjmgzkndmx.jpeg?w=250

Rex Grossman will no longer be the third man in the quarterback room for the Browns.

PFT has learned that Grossman has been released as the Browns conduct a busy day on the waiver wire to shape their 53-man roster ahead of the start of the regular season. The Browns have claimed wide receiver LaRon Byrd, running back Glenn Winston, guard Ryan Seymour and guard Caylin Hauptmann since Saturday’s roster cutdown, requiring them to drop at least four guys who made the team only in the most technical sense of the phrase.

None of the other departures are known at this time.

Grossman signed with the Browns on August 12 and his history with Kyle Shanahan in Washington and Houston likely boosted his chances of sticking around as a mentor to Brian Hoyer and Johnny Manziel. He last threw a meaningful pass in 2011, though, and the Browns decided they have too many other needs to carry a third quarterback. They could add rookie Connor Shaw, cut on Saturday, or another quarterback to the practice squad.

NFL announces Gordon suspension

Posted by Mike Florio on August 27, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/gordon1.jpg?w=210

It’s official. The NFL has suspended Browns receiver Josh Gordon for a full year, effective immediately.

The banishment, first proposed more than three months ago and languishing on appeal until today, has been announced by the league.

“Appeals officer Harold Henderson has upheld the suspension for the 2014 NFL season of Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse,” the NFL said in a statement. “The suspension is effective immediately. Gordon’s eligibility for reinstatement will be determined following the 2014 season.”

Gordon, whose suspension comes under the substance-abuse policy, likewise has issued a statement acknowledging the situation.

“I’d like to apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Cleveland Browns organization and our fans,” Gordon said. “I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing officer didn’t exercise better discretion and judgment in my case. I would like to sincerely thank the people who have been incredibly supportive of me during this challenging time, including my family, my agent, my union, my legal team, and the Cleveland Browns staff.”

Gordon will need even more support over the next year, since he will be prohibited from receiving any assistance from the NFL or the Browns. It’s a sad situation, with Brown banished for smoking a substance that is legal in two of the 22 states in which the NFL does business. At a time when he may have an addiction.

At a time when Ray Rice will miss only two games for knocking out his then-fiancée, now wife.

:LOL:

Josh Gordon gets a job with an Ohio car dealership

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 4, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/joshgordon1.jpg?w=250

Josh Gordon has a year off from football, so he needed a job.

And now he has one. A league source tells PFT that Gordon is going to work as a “goodwill ambassador” for the Sarchione Auto Group in Ohio.

He will work in all aspects of the dealership, including selling cars. He’ll also represent them at community events, including for the Wounded Warrior Project.

It’s good that Gordon has some degree of structure, since he’s banned from the Browns facilities during his suspension for repeated failed marijuana tests.

This sounds vaguely like the kind of “jobs” car dealers used to only have to line up for NCAA football players. Now, if he ends up getting you a good deal on undercoating, or sells a used car to Charlotte Hornets rookie P.J. Hairston, we’ll be less skeptical.

But as he continues to mull a legal challenge to the NFL’s suspension, at least he has something to do.

Permalink 37 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns,

http://imgick.nola.com/home/nola-media/width620/img/saints_impact/photo/15796700-mmmain.jpg

:hi: Hello Browns fans, we're coming to visit for the first time in 8 years. We're a bit pissed too after losing in overtime to Failclowns last week...

http://imgick.nola.com/home/nola-media/width620/img/saints_impact/photo/15796700-mmmain.jpg

:hi: Hello Browns fans, we're coming to visit for the first time in 8 years. We're a bit pissed too after losing in overtime to Failclowns last week...

Just don't knock Hoyer out and expose yourself to the transcendant talent that is Mr John Football.

Just don't knock Hoyer out and expose yourself to the transcendant talent that is Mr John Football.

Johnny Bench?

Jordan Cameron ruled out for Week Two

Posted by Mike Wilkening on September 14, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptc1n2y2ymzlzwvioddknjfiotm5zmziotc4y2jmndqy.jpeg?w=250

The Browns will be without one of their top passing game targets on Sunday.

Tight end Jordan Cameron (shoulder) has been declared inactive for today’s game against New Orleans, the Browns announced on Twitter.

With Cameron out, Jim Dray and Gary Barnidge are the primary tight ends for Cleveland.

The Browns have also ruled out outside linebacker Barkevious Mingo (shoulder). Jabaal Sheard is likely to fill in for Mingo in Week Two.

The Browns also made wideout LaRon Byrd, cornerback Pierre Desir, defensive lineman John Hughes, defensive lineman Ishmaa’ily Kitchen and tailback Ben Tate inactive. Tate (knee) had already been ruled out. Terrance West will start in his place.

Well done Browns fans... :cheers: :hi:

As for us we'll probably lose to the Vikings next week... :wacko:

Not the team that played today.

Well done Browns fans... :cheers: :hi:

As for us we'll probably lose to the Vikings next week... :wacko:

Not the team that played today.

Vikings got ran over today :LOL:

NFC North is looking like shit today. Let's see how my Bears do tonight.

And the Brownies very well could've (should've) been 2-0... I'll take this, first home win in ten years I was just waiting for the tragic ending to happen like tradition dictates .. Nice for once to finally get the opposite one little victory! :)
  • Like 1

Aye, the only impediment is the threat of the Ravens, the Bengals looked good for three games but this year they got into play-off form early...

I wouldn't go so fast on that one yet. The Bengals have merely hit a little lul imo. They will get back to form even with the depleted receiving corps.