The Walking Dead

vital signz

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Oct 18 2011, 07:01 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 18 2011, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 18 2011, 03:50 PM)
The season 2 premiere was okay.

Unfortunately, so far the best this series has produced is merely okay. I don't know what it is, but the writers can't seem to latch on to any concrete theme or consistency.

Overall, I like it. But I want to LOVE it. So far, it ain't happening...

Yeah I know. It's definitely not like Breaking Bad or Mad Men where I HAVE to watch it. Can't figure it out because it's got good acting, nice cinematography but it's just missing something.

The ending on Sunday should have been gripping and dramatic but it was kind of...eh...he got shot. Can't get invested in the characters.

it is definitely suffering from a lack of compelling characters. I really don't care about any of 'em.

I agree as well although I was surprised by the end of the show with the deer and kid.

I like the show, but don't love it but want to.

Don't really feel very attached to any character.

Good story but needs something more...like more zombies.

I'm gonna stick with it though.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Oct 17 2011, 03:42 PM)
SPOILER ALERT

Did his son die, or was he just badly wounded?

Well, the previews show the dad running towards a house carrying his son saying he got shot, so for now it looks like he's still alive.

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Oct 19 2011, 05:08 AM)

Or break dancing zombies...or since they're in the south: line dancing zombies... ph34r.gif

But definitely dancing zombies.

Really though after years of zombie apocalypse movies what's left to explore if you don't have interesting or compelling characters? Zombies kill, people run, more zombies kill and eventually you end up on an island but then zombies swim and eat sharks...

The last episode wasn't that bad. The show is so self-conscious in its writing that they end up relying on cliches, so you see things coming a mile away. They're having a hard time coming up with any conflict that is original or unique. Still, it's an okay show, just good enough to make we want to keep watching it. But, if this season doesn't pick up in a big way, I'm done.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 19 2011, 01:10 PM)

Or break dancing zombies...or since they're in the south: line dancing zombies... ph34r.gif

Really though after years of zombie apocalypse movies what's left to explore if you don't have interesting or compelling characters? Zombies kill, people run, more zombies kill and eventually you end up on an island but then zombies swim and eat sharks...

Well both of us don't seem to find any of the characters compelling...why not have more zombies 'cuz the characters we're given don't seem to satisfy either of us.

Maybe dancing zombies isn't such a bad idea....Maybe throw a cameo of Mike Jackson in there.

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Oct 24 2011, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 19 2011, 01:10 PM)

Well both of us don't seem to find any of the characters compelling...why not have more zombies 'cuz the characters we're given don't seem to satisfy either of us.

Maybe dancing zombies isn't such a bad idea....Maybe throw a cameo of Mike Jackson in there.

laugh.gif That would be a thriller if zombie mike jackson showed up...

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Oct 25 2011, 03:14 AM)
This show is really turning into a fukking borefest! For a season premiere nothing happened! Just the same old shit with characters I'm starting to not care about at all. American Horror Story is crushing this in my opinion. 1287.gif

I agree 100%.

With Walking Dead I really want something big and exciting to happen (although the end of the show with the kid and the deer was exciting)...But we had to wait to the end and the next episode was ,agreed, a bore fest although I get trying to get the urgency of a family emergency into the plot.

After watching TWD I usually feel like, "well that was pretty good but I wish more happened or I want SOMETHING more".

With American Horror Story I say I just want MORE!!

AHS is really creepy, and really intriguing, and has me wondering about it for a really long time.

I'm sticking with both shows but so far AHS has my vote.

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Oct 25 2011, 02:14 AM)
American Horror Story is crushing this in my opinion. 1287.gif

yes.gif

I never saw the first season and only started watching with this one. I thought the season premire was cool but this last episode had nothing. Then at the end when something finally happens when the zombies got those two guys trapped in ends sad.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 25 2011, 11:44 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Oct 25 2011, 02:14 AM)
American Horror Story is crushing this in my opinion. 1287.gif

yes.gif

I never saw the first season and only started watching with this one. I thought the season premire was cool but this last episode had nothing. Then at the end when something finally happens when the zombies got those two guys trapped in ends sad.gif

Funny, I thought the second episode was an improvement over the premiere! laugh.gif

I think season 2 is better than season 1 through two episodes, indeed. LOVED the last one when they discover the house/doctor, etc.

I can hear people saying "THERE WEREN'T ENOUGH ZOMBIES IN THAT ONE!!!!" but Jesus folks, this show NEEDS a bit of character development...and that episode didn't hurt.

If you're watching merely for blood and guts, that's one thing...but at the end of the day I've got to care about these people to invest in the show and all through last year, I didn't give a shit about anyone but that old black man and his son from the pilot. Everyone else could've been eaten and I wouldn't have cared. So it's nice to see them spend a bit of time on these characters and not make it just about one zombie attack after another.

F***ing ADHD TV watching mofos. wink.gif tongue.gif It's not a damn video game. biggrin.gif This is what's wrong with audiences today...zero focus and need to be constantly stimulated. Talk about BOOORING.

Edited by Presto-digitation

I just started watching this season. I watched the first season marathon but missed the first episode.

Can someone tell me what happened to cause the world to be the way it is now with the zombies? Some type of virus that got released?

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Oct 27 2011, 11:23 AM)

I just started watching this season. I watched the first season marathon but missed the first episode.

Can someone tell me what happened to cause the world to be the way it is now with the zombies? Some type of virus that got released?

There's no explanation.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Oct 27 2011, 04:55 AM)
I can hear people saying "THERE WEREN'T ENOUGH ZOMBIES IN THAT ONE!!!!" but Jesus folks, this show NEEDS a bit of character development...and that episode didn't hurt.

this.

I don't care how many or how little zombies we see in an episode. I agree the show needs character development, but I find the characters so unlikeable. I really hope this show improves because the whole first season and these last two episodes aren't cutting it in my opinion. I'm really trying to give it a chance too. angry.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 28 2011, 06:25 AM)
TWD is a much better produced and more cinematic than anything on network TV...and the numbers show that people want a higher level from their entertainment than the crap you get over the air.

Mad Men, Breaking Bad and TWD all crush newtork tv.

Indeed. I'll also add to that Boardwalk Empire (EPIC) and Sons Of Anarchy (underrated). Network TV largely blows anymore.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Oct 28 2011, 08:01 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 28 2011, 06:25 AM)
TWD is a much better produced and more cinematic than anything on network TV...and the numbers show that people want a higher level from their entertainment than the crap you get over the air.

Mad Men, Breaking Bad and TWD all crush newtork tv.

Indeed. I'll also add to that Boardwalk Empire (EPIC) and Sons Of Anarchy (underrated). Network TV largely blows anymore.

Agreed...network shows suck balls